End of the RV era.. And what about JS7

loneranger171

PR Addict
Word is official RV didn't renew his extension with Kawasaki for 2015 sx... Possibly going to GP which would be really interesting anyway

I am not sure how I feel about him and maybe JS7 (depending on outcome of drug test court hearing) not doing supercross next year. Kind of lessons my excitement even with the talent pool being so deep.
Agree?

I still think something is fishy with RV1 leaving. There has got to be more to it than just wanting to ride in Europe. I mean really, what can he prove there? You know he is going to kick every ones ass. Of course the food is far different and the tracks are way different so I guess we will see.

JS7 is out. Rumor is he has lost all his appeals to WADA and the punishment is up to them now. Stick a fork in him, he is done.

Honestly it should really make the SX season more interesting! The racing should be even closer with the heavy hitters out of the way.

I have also heard RV might just retire. It would be cool to see how he fared against the euro riders... Being in a different environment and new tracks he may not dominate and I don't think he'd want his career to end possibly not winning over there. He has said a lot lately that ur only as good as ur last race...

Im with hershey, just doesn't make any sense to me at all. Had he not won the previous SX title, I could see him wanting to do something different. But the fished rumor is that he wont be 100% healed in time for A1. So there I could see the option of doing something different if he was already going to be starting the SX season a race or two down.

Also RV2 isn't with aldon anymore, kinda weird. But I do remember RV2 stating he is not in this to break records and he wasn't going to race forever.

He has said several times he is burnt out. He wants to run the gp for new challenges travel and different training. Kinda sounds like a long term vacation. I'm glad he is gone. No doubt he is the best and I don't need to see it another year of it. Bring on the new blood.

If Bubba does not race the Monster Energy Cup, then you will never see him race again.

RV.......weird. Does he know he would never pass a drug test?

I think Tony Cairoli just basically got under his skin saying he's the best in the world, and RV just wants to prove he's the best.

RV.......weird. Does he know he would never pass a drug test?

I think RV's situation is fishy too. Burnout and depression will do that to a person. From what I recall, AMA SX and FIM GPs fall under the same anti-doping regulations. I really doubt RV would avoid SX and drug testing to go to GPs with the same drug testing.

I think RV's situation is fishy too. Burnout and depression will do that to a person. From what I recall, AMA SX and FIM GPs fall under the same anti-doping regulations. I really doubt RV would avoid SX and drug testing to go to GPs with the same drug testing.
I thought the same thing, but if he retires that would open up a lot of speculation as to why. It would be cool to see him race the GPs though. I am not sure how he would do against Cairoli for the championship, and I would bet money he would not beat Cairoli on the sand tracks.

I thought the same thing, but if he retires that would open up a lot of speculation as to why. It would be cool to see him race the GPs though. I am not sure how he would do against Cairoli for the championship, and I would bet money he would not beat Cairoli on the sand tracks.

I agree that RV should be careful what he wishes for. Beating Cairoli over a season won't be as easy as beating Dungey/Reed/Stewart/etc.

Always remember rule one... Follow the $. He is getting paid SERIOUS change to wax Cairoli ares. Kaw has NO ONE on the GP's that can ride.
Good thing we wear helmets. With the combination of Poto and Cairoli on the same track. The ugly factor is off the chart.

Just checked MXON the past two years and AC222 has done very good. Like, I didnt realize how good he has done. TBH, I figured RV would just walk all over AC222, but the past two years of MXON results have changed my mind lol.

2012 was a DEEP sand track. He is a great if not the best sand rider. Last year in hard pack of Germany, Poto was not there.
I guess we will see how good he is next year with some competition.

I just watched the GP in Brazil, RV has nothing to worry about when it comes to Cairoli IMO
Ehhh... Not sure of that... It would be really cool if the idea was to be a world champion and add to his resume as one of the best ever but if that is the case why not announce it and be ahead of the rumor mill... He could turn this into a major marketing campaign and make even more $$

I'm suprise nobody has caught up with him for an interview. . The mec website shows him as racing so who knows, I wouldn't be suprised if he does race the gp series he has spent some time over there lately and seems bored here. Might be a good way to finish off his career.

I agree that RV should be careful what he wishes for. Beating Cairoli over a season won't be as easy as beating Dungey/Reed/Stewart/etc.

For once, I totally agree with you.

Hershey RV won't be cleaning any clocks in Europe without first going through a hardened apprenticeship. He isn't going to instantly be a journeyman in the GPs....

Did you watch any GP races? Cairoli is the King of the squids.... He didnt even OWN them he just places consistently. They look pathetically slow compared to our guys on normal soil. I will give you that deep sand tracks it will be a different story because RV isnt a sand rider compared to 222

Back