Local silly season

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Heard lots of rumors this weekend about "new" tracks in the OMA and southern series... I would rather hear it from the horses mouth but it does make for some good bench racing when your setting through a one hour and 30 minuet intermission.
Would anyone like to announce said changes before we start posting rumors and pit chat???? :D

Now that is an expansion... May be a little tough making it to work Monday morning after driving back from Southwick, but hey, its the OMA so it will run on time right?

I know that all the tracks I heard talked about yesterday are all Pitracer regulars and since this board has been VERY slow lately, it is time to bring it back to life with some juicy rumors and hopefully some big announcements.

Well, I hope the existing tracks stay on board. We have enjoyed each one and have been extremely satisfied with all of them. Each time we race at a different venue the boy says it is his new favorite. His ranking of tracks after yesterday (I always ask) don't be offended it will change before season's end.
OIR
MX 213
Cliff
Malvern
Chilli

Well its almost been an hour and no one has come forward yet so I may have to continue spreading the rumor...

I will help you out, we spoke to one party about the possibility of adding them to the Oma, that's all it was a conversation, nothing serious. No plans to add or subtract from the OMA. So by the power of reduction, take a guess on where those tracks are going

I think A MS is done. Funny how some people that always raced all the AMS races have not been seen this year at all.

Rt 62 I heard was joining the list of southwest ohio mx tracks. Also heard buckeye hills. Went there a couple months ago, and was really disappointed in track conditions considering what i had heard.

Heard COCR had 40 entries yeaterday, but track was awesome.....well easy to keep in good shape with 40 entries on it. 8 motos.

Not sure how COCR and treaty city can stay open with 80 entries or less.

New Vienna and Tommy Boner made a good effort yesterday. 205 entries. I gave him one suggestion on how to keep motos running quicker. Have a few more if they are interested. But will be at his next race to see how it goes.

I believe riders are talking, Guess it depends if the tracks are listening...
Average turnout by track this year in the south... Dirt Country = 210 with one race to go.
Dayton = 191 per race
COCR = 137
Treaty = 105

Pretty obvious if you ask me.

With the 205 yesterday at NV it shows people are willing to try new things. With some much needed changes (Slow the track down, add some technical sections that create multiple lines, and do SOMETHING about intermission) I think the track can succeed.
The good: The signup was smooth and quick, staging was good, guy running the gate had a great attitude, Tommy was everywhere, the announcer was good and while the flaggers lacked experience and may have been a little stagnate when it came to placement, they were fairly attentive and where trying.
Not so good: Running out of food before intermission (remember, Im a big man and I need food) . Track layout is a freeway. high-speed everything makes for follow the leader since momentum is the name of the game. Not sure what happened to the 50 awards since neither my son or my cousins kids got anything. 20 moto's per set when the first two had 3 and 5 riders each... go ahead and combine them, I don't care if it is A and B classes, that was a tuff way to start.
The brutal: Intermission.... 90 min... WTF? either add 5 more tractors or cut the track down.

Overall I would say it was a solid "C" on the international grading scale.

Chris I have two major suggestions for Tommy and his crew. Move the finish line over to the table table section. That way when a moto is about 1/2 way done, the next moto can be leaving the gate. With a track that long, this needs to be done. It also elminiates that extra 1/3 to 1/2 of a lap at the start that makes the races longer.

As for the track, at the end of the straight away where the rythem section is up front, they turn right and go to the finish. I would turn left, right back into the middle of the track. that would elminiate only two jumps, while elminating 4 LONG straights to shorten up the track. This would be much less track to water and disc. They just dont have the man power or equipment for the amount of track they have to cover. I would then make some minor jump changes, cover, etc. And the lap times would be closer to what is the norm other places. Nothing against the long track, but as stated, its man power and equipment to do what needs to be done.

JO needs to finance BriarCliff south on the Holly Hills property and we will run it for him!

I agree with the NV track being a freeway.. There was little to no room to pass. And even the fast 50 kids that got out of the groove would just about crash do to the dirt being clumps. They need to disc it after they rip it. I just think the whole thing needs to be more technical.
Jo haven't meet you yet but am wondering if you are against expanding OMA or what your thought is on this. Be for the good or the bad for OMA??

What about Fast Trax, Reno Raceway, Fly, or Action Sports?
For years and years tracks in the south east corner of the state survived and sometimes flourished given the natural terrain of the area. The biggest problem with the location is... the location. Far less people in the area often means far less riders in the area.
Cant say that I'm familiar with Fly or Reno so I looked it up... Yeah, you cant get there from here. It can be the greatest terrain in the world but if the only way to get there is a covered wagon and a mule, its going to be a hard draw.
Drew's current and old track. (and just about any track Drew ever had) would be a good fit. Again though, it is nearly 3 hours away from 90% of the riders in the old D-11 series. But I would make the trip for the promoters reputation, You know you will get a good product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back