Giant helicopter over my head.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
To the guy willing to put everyone safety at risk so you can get a video shot... Please play your over priced, extremely dangers toy on your own property. You are not a professional pilot and if you lost control of that helicopter it would take peoples heads off. A drown with fairly cover blades is fine. A 50 pound chopper with 8 foot diameter blades spinning 50,000 rpm is dangerous.
For one time in your worthless life, think of others safety before worrying about "how can I draw more attention to myself"

ck1racerx spotted

JbQyw.gif

100% of the guys flying one close to me will get their arse kicked.
you should have seen this thing, it was HUGE

In control??? really? With a 25mph cross wind flying 25 feet over the heads of a couple hundred people including mine and my son's... I don't think so, Not cool. NOT cool at all.
If you want to jeopardize your own safety that is fine. Even taking the risk when kids are running around is flat out irresponsible.

Its hard to believe someone would even think of flying a rc helicopter that close to people
I fly both nitro and electric rc helis and they can get out of control at the drop of a hat and are norhing to be around when they do
These things can do serious damage!

A guy had one at Beans 2 weeks ago, I think he got some cool action shots with it. Certainly less dangerous then one of those souped up golf carts on the track.

I agree it is kinda scary. I was there. But he is in control and has been flying for years. He Flys planes and heli. If you want to fight maybe you should state your name. Keyboard Rambo. The guy can surly fly better than edit video.

I have never seen anyone ever use them improperly, I think their cool, cool shots. I know the one they used at the national got us a badass shot of the pits all black and whited out. Give it up Knox, these are over your head.

To the guy willing to put everyone safety at risk so you can get a video shot... Please play your over priced, extremely dangers toy on your own property. You are not a professional pilot and if you lost control of that helicopter it would take peoples heads off. A drown with fairly cover blades is fine. A 50 pound chopper with 8 foot diameter blades spinning 50,000 rpm is dangerous.
For one time in your worthless life, think of others safety before worrying about "how can I draw more attention to myself"

As professional as they come... and its 1,500 RPM and 4 Foot diameter.. They can be dangerous when flown by the wrong person. Nothing is safe. I try to keep it as safe as possible. i'll leave it at that.

It is impossible to fly a helicopter near a crowd and be 100 % safe. Wind. Radio failure. Bird. Someone runs into the pilot. There is no way to be 100%. Gravity always wins in the end.

I agree it is kinda scary. I was there. But he is in control and has been flying for years. He Flys planes and heli. If you want to fight maybe you should state your name. Keyboard Rambo. The guy can surly fly better than edit video.
My name is Chris Knox the fat guy in the picture with hand on hat is me. I have NEVER hidden behind anything and I'm sure not hiding be hide a keyboard (Aside that it is not near big enough to cover me)
Not looking to fight as you say, just looking to defend everyone's safety starting with my family. Yes, the heli is cool. Yes, I like the video's it can take. But given the wind was strong enough to blow over several tents staked to the ground, it clearly was not safe to fly a guillotine machine over ANYONE. If you want to fly it out over the track when no one is out there, fine. DONT fly it over my head. You do not have permission to endanger me.
Had I seen the person operating it, I would have asked them to stop. No matter how good you are. its not worth the risk.
Oh, and all track owners... guess who is on the hook for getting sued if one of these things do hurt someone?

Attachments

• IMG_1049.jpg
    IMG_1049.jpg
    636.7 KB · Views: 257
My name is Chris Knox the fat guy in the picture with hand on hat is me. I have NEVER hidden behind anything and I'm sure not hiding be hide a keyboard (Aside that it is not near big enough to cover me)
Not looking to fight as you say, just looking to defend everyone's safety starting with my family. Yes, the heli is cool. Yes, I like the video's it can take. But given the wind was strong enough to blow over several tents staked to the ground, it clearly was not safe to fly a guillotine machine over ANYONE. If you want to fly it out over the track when no one is out there, fine. DONT fly it over my head. You do not have permission to endanger me.
Had I seen the person operating it, I would have asked them to stop. No matter how good you are. its not worth the risk.
Oh, and all track owners... guess who is on the hook for getting sued if one of these things do hurt someone?

A good attorney will attempt to sue everyone including the maker of the copter......shotgun approach. Frivolousness breeds liberal stupidity.

A good attorney will attempt to sue everyone including the maker of the copter......shotgun approach. Frivolousness breeds liberal stupidity.
Nice. I like it when everyone uses their word of the day calendar. :D
Look, im just saying. I think it is cool and I would love to try to fly one. but the possibility of a catastrophic accident just outweighs the benefit.

He may have been a good pilot. But sitting at my trailer, you could see him fighting the wind with it.

Back