AMA Vintage MX Nationals Round 6

Mike

PR Addict
The sixth round of the AMA Vintage MX Nationals will be held at Russell Creek Off-Road Compound in Greensburg Kentucky, on Saturday Oct 4th. I understand that this is a new track will good dirt and naturally rolling terrain.

There's not a lot of info on this race so I wanted to share what I know. Gates will be open Friday afternoon/evening for primitive camping, no practice Friday, race Saturday. Closest hotels/motels are in Campbellsville, about 20 miles north of the track. The track owner is Zac Hickerson his email contact is zhick245@hotmail.com seems like a good guy and he is quick to answer any questions.

Also the tracks Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/russellcreek

image.jpg
Picked this up last week (1993)...still waiting on a few touch up items to arrive, but ready for KY Saturday. I'm heading down tomorrow and staying in Campbellsville if anyone is around.

image.jpg

I couldn't find any info on the times for the Russell Creek race so I called him. He said he'll open at 6:00 with registration open then, practice at 9:00, racing at 10:00 on Saturday. As I am sure you know they might see some good rain tomorrow - he told me it shouldn't be an issue at all and he's actually figuring he'll have to water. He said the track has some hills to it and one low section that might have some mud. From what I see they storm might be heavy but I don't think it will last all day - thin bands. Sounds like a great guy. Address shows to be 655 C Garrison Rd. Greensburg, KY ph# 270-299-1000 If your on the fence do the right thing and show up!

I emailed the track with no response last week. Thanks for the update. I will be in Kidron for a semi final soccer tournament game with my second boy Kai. I plan to leave from there after the game and drive as far as I can till I'm tired . Bringing the new Moto van to crash in !!!

Drive safe. New moto van? If I ever need sell something I think I'm just going to call you. Seems like you like buying stuff!

It's a cheepo!! Nothing special.
Used it to haul around 12 sweaty basketball playes last year! Now....motovan!

Often thought about doing that. I had emailed Alex from the AMA asking him about the times -he replied that it was on the flyer their facebook page where I had looked quite a few times. As info you actually have to be signed in to see it - I don't have an account so I used my wifes. I think I attached it to this post the right way. The reg, practice, and race times are the same for all races.

Attachments

• AMA Vintage Info.jpg
    AMA Vintage Info.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 192
Update from Kentucky:

I live 60 miles south of track, we had the driest Sept in (a record in last 100 years), less than .2 inches of rain the whole month. Grass is been dead since August, leaves are falling of trees a month early, and it was over 90 degrees yesterday, but the good news we got our 1st major storm since July last night and has pushed us into real fall temps, but it only dropped .25 inches of rain. Check out weekend forecast, race day at Russell Creek will be perfect conditions. Maybe a shower today before lunch then all sun Saturday and Sunday.

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/42101

AMA Alex is at the Congress meeting today but says he be rolling into BGKY around 2AM, and then heading to event in morning. Sunday its Browns vs Titans in Nashville.

The AMA Vintage National series final is at Podium One in Charlestown Indiana October 18th. Podium is 30 minutes north of Louisville KY, web-site link below.

http://www.podium1motoplex.com/

See at the track...

Steve H.

That was a bummer Nick!
Sorry for your luck.
A great day for racing. I finally got to meet Fmx Paul!
Rode the 82 Rm instead of the 84. I think I like it better. A few issues to work out but it ran great.
Two death battles with Bill 88L and Ely in the +40 and Evo3 250b classes.
Tight racing and fun time once again.
Unfortunately I let them by on the last turn in both of our second Motos to lose the overall for the day. That's racing!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 206
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 167
Back