AMA Vintage MX Nationals Round 6

Vet261 got it right - wouldn't move an inch. Detour at least you have a nice few laps of video from his go pro. I was a bit bummed today when I was washing my bike - my $250 pipe now has 3 nice new dents in it from the rocks spewing from beenridins back tire for 8 laps - well really 7 and 9/10ths....... That is if we don't count the extra lap in the first moto when they didn't give us the checkered flag.

It was good seeing/meeting many of you. If Dieter would have slowed down and just let me pass, I might not have blown the engine....haha. Oh well. I have tons going on in the next few weeks, so no guarantees that I will be ready for Indiana. We'll see.

It's a cheepo!! Nothing special.
Used it to haul around 12 sweaty basketball playes last year! Now....motovan!
This Dude is serious, a couple of practice rounds and swaps the whole front end, has a pit crew of 3 guys, they change the forks, DSL brake, new wheel looks like a NASCAR pit stop, MOTO VAN rocks.

A big shout out to Nick...he helped me swap out the front end at the start of moto 1 ...I was moto 7 . Done in record time. The best part was when I offered him my mechanics gloves so he would not get any fork oil on his hands. He said no I have brake cleaner to wash up with. Now that is hardcore moto!!!

Wow... That sucks !
You had a good run going there and the KX was sounding great and riding well.
For what it's worth, the end of that video nauseated my stomach. That's a pretty sick sound when a two-stroke screamer tighten's up like that. Wonder if it was the top end or a main bearing?

The track looked awesome. Once again, regrets that we missed it.

Track was good except for the rocks. In Ricky's(the owner) defense he only opened in November and does not have much equipment for track prep/building. He probably also doesn't have a background in it like some of the promoters. It really was probably a lot more like it was back in the day, especially for the vintage guys-varied conditions that changed as the rear tires spun on the dirt all day. It definitely had a bunch of areas where you got to twist the throttle pretty good and hang it out. Good people that worked hard to put the event together for us and all in all fun as always.

Anyone know of a good person to get dents out of pipes around Ohio?

I had a lot of fun, the track was a bit more vintage than post-vintage, good dirt could have used a bit of water at intermission, the rocks will work there way up and out over a few years. Ricky and his family were very interested in suggestions and want to make this a really good track. Alex Hunter the AMA MX grew grew up in this area and has been assisting with suggestions. They have also created a new AMA district and have a new Kentucky MX championship this fall. I think they appreciated us traveling and spending the day with them, and we appreciated the work they did to make our day fun.............

I think I saw that he only had a water trailer and it probably would have taken quite a while. Pretty good youtube here with mxkid out front the whole time - would have been good if the rider had it tilted a bit higher. When you get to 1:15 or so watch what happens off of mx's wheel around the turn after the whoops.

Not sure if I did this right but you can definitely paste the URL.

Back