GP Racing

KX514

PR Member
I know that this topic has been beat to death, but I really can't understand why this form of racing doesn't take off in Northern Ohio. I know Action Sports does a great job with theirs and so does Switchback but the turnout just isn't good here. Western Reserve put on an awesome race yesterday, but people just didn't show. Weather was great, the track was perfect, and those guys always put on a great event. Either way, thumbs up to those guys for always giving us a great place to race.

Simple. From the MX side of things. most MXers race only MX and so on. I consider myself an MXer, but made very few races this year. Had a blast at the BC GP last year and would do it again, but not race. As much as I enjoyed the BC GP, unless I am racing MX a couple dozen times, I'm not going to skip a MX race to go to a GP. If I was racing every weekend, I could bet you a gew GP's would be mixed in there...

Ya I mean I get it. I've actually said and done the same thing myself, but once I do take the time to attend a GP I have an awesome time. I guess more than anything, I just wish more people could have as much fun as I had yesterday!

I enjoyed riding in the woods until I discovered mx. However you have to love a GP schedule. If an Ohio promoter would tweak the GP format I'd run these every weekend. Anything 50% mx or more I'd be sold. I still dream of a mx race that adopts the GP schedule. I've already named it MotoGP.

I LOVE GP races! I would have been there this weekend but I was too sick.

I agree with Chuck though, they need to use much more MX sections to attract more MX riders. 50/50 would be great. Most places run 10% mx maybe and even then it isnt any of the fun stuff.

I'm a motocrosser, but I enjoy riding the woods. I can see, though, where a moto only guy would shy away from the GP's because you guys are right, it's mostly woods and they tend to cut out any difficult obstacles. To be fair though, they do the same thing in the woods. There generally are not any steep hills or mud holes in a GP and the trails are usually a dozer wide. So fun though!

I ran every oma gp series race last year with my boy Pfaff and we had a blast! I wish it would've been more successful for the oma so it could've continued. I'm a motocrosser fo sho but it's fun to do something different!

I ran every oma gp series race last year with my boy Pfaff and we had a blast! I wish it would've been more successful for the oma so it could've continued. I'm a motocrosser fo sho but it's fun to do something different!
You guys are awesome gas can bitches too!!! Lol......

If an Ohio promoter would tweak the GP format I'd run these every weekend.

Well looks like you'll be spending all your 2015 near Toledo Chuck. Delta Raceway has been running those for years and they run them every other Sunday from April to October. Their GP's are basically just a really long track....and guess what? They are called MotoGP. www.racemra.com

The BC GP will happen again in 2015......we will incorporate more moto into it. I will definitely use my woods, I consider them moto woods. I will revisit classes, make tweaks where I see fit based on the fun factor. I really liked having this race last year, it really was fun. This time we will make it more of a BC GP and less of a "this is what everyone else does" GP.

Awesome, leave in that 2 mile straight away to the scoring tent though!!! I loved that part....the 125 was screaming 6th gear for 10 seconds at least!

Awesome, leave in that 2 mile straight away to the scoring tent though!!! I loved that part....the 125 was screaming 6th gear for 10 seconds at least!
LOL, I don't know if we can do that again, people park there now......but I guess we make the rules! Who knows, I know it was a hit amongst some of the adventurous racers.....scoring girls not so much...

LOL, I don't know if we can do that again, people park there now......but I guess we make the rules! Who knows, I know it was a hit amongst some of the adventurous racers.....scoring girls not so much...
Yeah, it was cool as long as you weren't right behind someone and in a position to pass...quickly. Yes, I made the scoring girls jump and eyes as big as quarters a couple o' times...

The BC GP was great last year. Glad to hear it is coming back next year. GP racing is fun in general, even if the courses are more woods than MX. I will have to look into the Delta series for next year too. Sounds like a way to do a GP race.

Wow, this guy truly is legendary

Paul-Schlegel-Revision-2-e1412629272759.jpg

Not throwing stones... just asking the question...
Paul is or has been an AMA congressmen forever, yet his motocross track is not AMA sanctioned? Did I miss something????

Back