It's Here. 2015 AMA LLAQ

Two in the same State is big time!

Not trying to minimize anything here and I hate to interrupt emotion with facts....but....Ohio has pretty much always had two Area Qualifiers. In fact, I think 2013 was the only time in the last ten years that Ohio only had one qualifier.

So, 2015 is actually continuing the tradition of Ohio having multiple Area LLQ's. Definitely super cool to have one truly in Northeast Ohio at Malvern. I can't remember the last time we had one that far north, probably goes back to the 80's.

Wow how did they keep that one quiet!! Congrats Jason!
Hell yeah! Definitely IN for the Vern, heck I might have to hit up the practice days!! Going to put $20 away every week until March to cover it. No excuses. Awesome to see Malvern with low turnout in CRA come to OMA and in under 3 years they've locked in a Qualifier. Pretty cool stuff!

BC regional would be awesome. Malvern Regional would be even better in 5 years. It would be nice living within 1.5 hours of the regionals!! haha. no excuse to miss those close ones

Not trying to muddy waters here with 4 wheeled talk, but the long and short of it is that mx sports was planning to run ironman in 2015 regardless. They said that there is a chance of us switching with that round and getting it in 2016. We basically need to build relations there and earn there trust.

You get that race you better save up the vacation from welding for the entire month before that race is underway!

You get that race you better save up the vacation from welding for the entire month before that race is underway!

This has me puzzled.....it's like old Lewis Black comedic bit about him wondering why someone would say " if it weren't for my horse I wouldn't have spent that year in college", in short he couldn't figure it out. I guess, why would I need to weld for a whole month? Do I need to build a large steel tower....?

Sweetness...Guess I have at least 2...maybe 3 races on my planning schedule for next year. All I need now is the Battle Series and Vet Fest schedule and I can complete my must do and complete the might do list with other OMA races, etc. sprinkled here and there... I better get to work on both bike and body...

The two-moto format was said prematurely. There had been some low level discussions. (I'm personally not a fan of two-moto formats at the regional level) Speaking with Carrie Combs over the weekend. They don't plan or want to change to a two-moto format. But I will say, there will be more discussion. Stay tuned to the supplemental rules for any changes.

Alex Hunter

So looking at the schedule again I see Miller Motorsports park is having an Area Quali. It is listed as a "Super Area Qualifier" ..... WTF is that?

It means you can run that one Area qualifier and choose which of 3 Regionals you want to attend -- NorthWest, MidWest, or SouthWest.

Oh boy...So to me that seems like they are trying to get more riders from the west coast. IF they are hurting for riders from out there why did they add a region? There isnt a new breakdown on the riders accepted from each regional yet but Im sure that means there will be less taken from each one.

My guess is that the eastern regions will drop to taking 6 spots like they do in central. That would make room to take 4 at the new regional.

Top 6 is tough. Especially when you got another guy going into the second moto with your tally.

Get 6th in your 1st moto and you're sitting <=12th overall. Super competitive.

Back