2015 Daytona Amateur SX

150 bucks for first race class? I'm hoping that comes with SX tickets.....

EDIT -- I found it:
Class Entry Fee includes admission to the Pro Supercross Saturday night, as well as admission to the RCSX amateur program. Registered riders should not purchase Guest Admission passes.

That went up, wasn't it $90?

That seems pretty expensive for everything. Still a cool experience, but part of me would rather take my $100 to WW Ranch that Monday and Tuesday.

"A 3% convenience fee will be added to all charges." Nice. That's like another Class.

$602 to race three classes, with ticket for Sunday to Tuesday entry for my dad and girlfriend, garage pass. I guess that isn't all THAT bad.....but pretty steep for me. $600 is alot of riding all over Florida....
Screen Shot 2014-11-23 at 8.31.38 PM.png

Last edited:
I don't think thats a bad price at all.. first off its Daytona its not your local oma or cra race. How many chances do you get to race at a place like that?

Second off, that includes your sx ticket. How much do you pay for sx tickets? $75-$100 for decent seats??

I'd love to go race this and will have no problem paying that if I can go!

I guess I should edit what I said I didnt really look at your attachment, crazy they only discount it that much for multi class.. I wouldn't pay $600 for 3 classes but I'd gladly pay the $150 for sx and 1 class...

Really? You have no problem with $150??? A ticket to the race is Daytona is $15 and you get to stand the whole time. $30 if you want to sit down. So that means you are paying $120 to 135 to race ONE class. You get 3 laps of practice. A 3 lap qualifier and 2 4 lap motos. (I assume) so that is MAYBE 13 laps.
$10 a lap. what a deal... And that's not counting the cost to get in the gate...

The experience thing may hold some value for riders but that is only true if you have never done it before. So why would anyone go back a second time?

If I had $100 bills falling out of my arse, that would be the last race I would go to.

I look at it as I pay $150+ for a hotel in Indy, $60 in gas, $75 (well say) for a ticket for the race...

Thats 285. Lets not even add in the bar tab afterwards!!!

I can go with a group of friends to Florida, split gas, and sleep in a toy hauler or a van for a few days, probably for that same $285 and hit a few other tracks along the way down/home

So what sounds more fun, 1 night in Indy, or a 4-5 day vacation to florida, getting to race at daytona, and hitting a few other tracks along the way?

You are absolutely paying for the "experience" and to me, it would be worth $150 to say "hey i got to ride the infield of daytona!" I've spent a lot more on way dumber of s**t before!! At least that is a memory that will stick with you.

Ha....I never said I was going! Last year I went south about 6 times, everyone else was doing the talking while I was riding!

Have a good time Greg! Take some photos. Give a report and make all of us jealous!
You plan on racing the 350 or the 125? Or are ya making the call once you see the track?
Where else are ya planning on riding? WW? Any Idea if Florida Tracks & Trails will be open to the public by then?

Have a good time Greg! Take some photos. Give a report and make all of us jealous!
You plan on racing the 350 or the 125? Or are ya making the call once you see the track?
Where else are ya planning on riding? WW? Any Idea if Florida Tracks & Trails will be open to the public by then?

That Florida track and trails looks awesome! I wonder who has the bank roll for that place! And the bank roll to buy a qualifier before even being open.

Crap....19 hr drive.

I'm planning on going again in the +40 & +45 classes, if the track is similar to how it was last year I will probably be on the 125 again! Hopefully they are a little more organized this year!

We are planning on going to WW again for sure between Christmas & New Years, best track in Florida! Sharc you need to get healed up so you can join us!

I'm trying !!!
Still don't walk on it but I swam a little bit for the first time last night.
Leg is mega sore today.

That Florida track and trails looks awesome! I wonder who has the bank roll for that place! And the bank roll to buy a qualifier before even being open.

[/MEDIA]

It is owned by a guy named Terry Cooke that just so happens to own a "land clearing" business in Florida.
If you got 20 million to drop on a motocross track / paintball / amphitheater, then you got enough money to buy a qualifier from MX Sports.

But im sure its for the betterment of the sport, and they are well deserving.

Back