LL classes

eh that should make all the whiners happy from the last few years. be interesting to see how many of the complainers try to qualify now that they get what they have been wanting.

eh that should make all the whiners happy from the last few years. be interesting to see how many of the complainers try to qualify now that they get what they have been wanting.
As long as you're not on the gate I'll take a crack at it. You dirty ex pro, you.

I don't really see any major changes? Two stroke is no longer b/c.

Ah come on now Georgie if you can beat an old, fat, out of shape, beer drinker like myself at your age you better just stick to male nursing. :)

I will make a bold prediction, the no former pros deal will just shift the complaining to somewhere else. I do think it's a good move though. Ha ha Knox.

To sum that up, there will be a new gripe in short order.

The way I read it, you could be pro, just never earned a result. So if you didn't get into the top 20 and score a point, the way I read it is your golden to ride 40 or 30. Open to local A riders as well. Not set in stone till the 19th of December. Open to comments on MX Sports till then. Probably to interpretation till then also.........

And yeah, I don't see any major changes. The guys that podiumed in 40 last year are eligible this year for 40, and the guy in second did the national circuit also (Pamart, good training buddy of mine here)

And they can still have World champs in the 45+ class, so no real changes there in the plus classes......

C class looks a little tougher though. RPV of 15 or more in 14 and your not eligible for C. Also, a RPV of 11 or more the previous two years and your not eligible for C.
Man, I can see it know. Every dad is going to have their cell phone out and checking every kid ahead of their own kid to see it he had a RPV of 11 or more for 2 years previous to this year!!

Gotta luv it!!!

Last edited:
Anyone notice they changed the rear wheel size for mini senior from 14in up to 16in? My son is kind of caught between Mini SR. and Supermini at the moment. He's not been riding very long and is more competitive in Mini Sr. and prefers that class, unfortunately, he's is just gotten too tall for the small wheel dealio. Would there be any advantage to a larger rear wheel like a 17 front 16 rear setup for our application? Does anyone run a 17/16 setup in mx? I've never seen it if they do. I apologize the obvious newbness in advance!

What is "earned a result" is that top 20 or qualifying for a National. In the 80's there were also Pro Am license issued.

The way I understand it if you have ever made the gate at a National or Supercross or FIM event you cannot ride 40 any longer. You can be a local A rider or even could have held a pro card and never qualified and you are still eligible for 40.

Not sure how you see the podium in 40 is still eligible Honda907? I know atleast the top5 have all qualified for a national and all but Pamart have held national numbers? Guess it will all depend on how they print the final rule.

5. Riders who have ever been issued a Pro Motocross or Pro Supercross license from any country or an FIM MXGP license, and earned a result, are not eligible for any “B”, “C”, Two Stroke (16+), College (16-24), Vet 30+ or Senior 40+ class.

"Earned a result" means you signed up and completed 1 lap as a pro. Anything that is not DNS is a result.
I'm ok with the changes pretty much makes 35 and 45 "A" classes and 30 & 40 the squid classes.

Got that. Wonder who has all that stuff on who has been a pro and made a main. Never seen it published anywhere. Vault only goes to 20th (points) so that is what I figured they would base it upon..........

I just used the vault. I see where you get that Mike Blair. I didn't know Greg Pamart in the early 2000's, but he said he has run inside the top 28 or so, but he isn't listed because it only goes to 20th......

C class looks like a legit C class for at least AMA members. That rule of 11 RPV for the past two consecutive seasons is a good rule. I know it won't fix the people and tracks that don't report to the AMA......

I know a few guys that ran C last year that will not be eligible for C in 2015 with that new rule.

Ah come on now Georgie if you can beat an old, fat, out of shape, beer drinker like myself at your age you better just stick to male nursing. :)

If you don't get your weight in check, moderate your drinking then you''ll be seeing a bunch of gay male nurses like me in your future. I suggest keep riding, easiest thing to do than adjust your diet.

I appreciate your concern Georgie but I am already married to a non-gay female nurse who takes pretty good care of me. I think I will take you advice and keep riding though. Thanks!!

Back