LL classes

Georgie and Crute are both riding the womens class as crossdressers this year too, so your good using an alias.

I thought you and Georgie were talking about that last spring......My bad, maybe it was just the gay male nurse that wanted to race with the tutu on.

How many participant are claimed to race for Loretta's every year. My shop said 25,000. That can't be right. Hell I don't think there are more than 50,000 total racers in the usa

There is a number I would like to know... Total number of individuals that race MX in the state and country? I would assume this number is VERY well known by the AMA. I bet Alex knows.
As far as LL... there are 16 regionals (youth, amateur and combined) with a good guess of 1100 at each = 17600. That sounds a little fat but without counting, I think it is a good guess. Now those are sign-ups, not humans.

http://www.mxsports.com/pages/about-us/company-bio

Through its various racing affiliates, MX Sports fields more than 60,000 action sports athletes each year and attracts millions of active fans, spectators and enthusiasts.

In 2012, there were more than 29,000 attempts to qualify in the select 36 classes for the 1,410 available start positions at the national final. The national event, dubbed "The World's Greatest Motocross Vacation," is held annually the first full week of August.

The entries and total participants are a completely different number. Though in our sport, business is done with entries not individuals, so the entries numbers are important. In the 2014 season, we had over 32,000 AMA Members competed in AMA Motocross events. (The motocross numbers are continuing to grow and rebound after the recession which is good news for the sport) Of those 32,000 AMA Members, about less then a third attempted to qualify for the National. Which is a lot and significant.

A few other comments, the advancement stuff listed in the supplemental rules are copied from our rulebook. We been advancing racers through that criteria for about 4 years.

I'm super stoked on the new 250 C (12-16) Limited class. Should be a great way to get young, beginner riders involved.

Interesting. So roughly about 10,000 tried to qualify. More than I anticipated. Thanks for that info

Back