2 stroke or 4, trying to decide what to get for the new year.

I love how light my 250sx feels even after an hr riding but wish it had the 4 stroke motor characteristics
but I know thats not going to happen
I am thinking going with the 300 kit with a different ignition
I would like to have the 450 lowend roll on power without the hyper hit the sx has
Who would of ever thought we would want to tame down a stock bike,usually looking to increase power
For me I find the 250sx can take you by surprise if you are paying 100% attention
But then again Im old and slow!

Last edited:
the yz 250 2 stroke is a good bike but very dated when compared to the ktm 250 sx. Owned them buth and the ktm is much better package!

I love how light my 250sx feels even after an hr riding but wish it had the 4 stroke motor characteristics
but I know thats not going to happen
I am thinking going with the 300 kit with a different ignition
I would like to have the 450 lowend roll on power without the hyper hit the sx has
Who would of ever thought we would want to tame down a stock bike,usually looking to increase power
For me I find the 250sx can take you by surprise if you are paying 100% attention
But then again Im old and slow!

9-11 oz flywheel weight. Steahly.com

I've actually never had a yami smoker, had an 08 yzf450 and it felt light as hell to me compared to my 350. Power wasn't nearly as smooth though.

Back