Auto parts connection

John250

PR Founding Father
Any Pitracer friends have connections to order in OEM replacement auto parts? Help out a pitracer friend to save some money! I need a replacement headlamp with auto leveling for my lexus.

Anyone with auto part or body shop connections to order in parts?

Any Pitracer friends have connections to order in OEM replacement auto parts? Help out a pitracer friend to save some money! I need a replacement headlamp with auto leveling for my lexus.

Anyone with auto part or body shop connections to order in parts?
Dude if I had your money Id burn mine this winter to stay warm! Get off your wallet!

Some how the one side got some moisture under it and I think its causing the ballast to go out. Cheapest I can find one online is $718 (Stock OEM). Lexus wants $1046 from dealer.

Go to a salvage yard.
That kinda car doesn't last in the salvage yard. Those cars are immediately stripped and listed on parts websites for maybe 30% less than what you'll pay new. Unless you find one rolling in on the wrecker and can take parts off before the junkyard foreman realizes what that studd costs you're gonna pay a lot b

can you just get a new ballast and re-seal the light? how old is it did you check if it would be covered under warranty?

Ballast can be changed. But did not want to Hassel with sealing light. HID lights are not covered on my extended warranty.

I don't quite understand why people buy these type of vehicles, expecting ANY replacement parts to be near what you would pay at an advance auto for an F-150. You want to drive the Lexus, BMW, Saab etc, get out your wallet, your going to pay out the a** for everything including a simple oil change.. If you don't have money to piss out of the window ( like most of us don't ) don't buy these type of cars, there a waste of money.

I can answer that MXFreedom. Because I drive a ton of miles for work, and the maintenance for this so far has been nill. My wife has a Pontiac G8 with less miles, and want to compare the list of items I have had to do to my lexus vs the G8? Hell, I had a code coming on in the G8, and had a freaking timing belt put in it under warranty at about 55,000 miles! Seriously, 55,000 miles? Other than tires and brakes, the lexus has been great. Oil changes are not anymore if you don't let the lexus dealer hose you.

No wonder, she has a Pontiac! Those things are junk! I know 4 people with them ( G6 ) and they all have had motor/trans issues. I really hate the dealers! I lease now, and probably always will.. Seems about the time I get the car paid off its time for issues..

I don't quite understand why people buy these type of vehicles, expecting ANY replacement parts to be near what you would pay at an advance auto for an F-150. You want to drive the Lexus, BMW, Saab etc, get out your wallet, your going to pay out the a** for everything including a simple oil change.. If you don't have money to piss out of the window ( like most of us don't ) don't buy these type of cars, there a waste of money.

I have an 03 Lexus ES 300 with 265,000+ miles. Not a dashboard light on. And in 03 technology wasn't so far advanced that you get raped at every service. I'll drive that car until kristi has to pick me up on the side of Rt. 90. All highway miles, Heated seats, power everything. Great sound system. I hope this care lasts me to 400,000+. I wouldn't sell that car for $15,000....when a dealer would give me $1,500.

I had a code coming on in the G8, and had a freaking timing belt put in it under warranty at about 55,000 miles! Seriously, 55,000 miles?

If I'm not mistaking, most autos with timing belts recommend belt replacement at 50K miles standard maintenance. And it's been my experience a good recomendation, as some of these engines have major damage if belt breaks. Same story with drive axles on front wheel drives, 50K miles before the CV boots blow open.

I have an 03 Lexus ES 300 with 265,000+ miles. Not a dashboard light on. And in 03 technology wasn't so far advanced that you get raped at every service. I'll drive that car until kristi has to pick me up on the side of Rt. 90. All highway miles, Heated seats, power everything. Great sound system. I hope this care lasts me to 400,000+. I wouldn't sell that car for $15,000....when a dealer would give me $1,500.

I've always had to do my own car repairs, and have learned the hard way, the less luxury electric BS a car has ...... the better.
Crazy part is, a person has to really shop around to find a vehicle, new or used without "power everything".

Last edited:

Comparing a vintage ES300/Camry to a 2015 anything is a stretch.

Back