Chap Moto customer service.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Ordered a pair of Fox Instinct boots online for $314+ free shipping. They arrived with two buckles broken. I called them and they told me to send the boots back. However, they do not have anymore boots to send BACK to me. The customer service representative was really helpful, but told me his supervisor would not allow him to send me the replacement buckles and the only option I could do was to send the boots back to them. But they could not send me another pair because they are sold out. I paid 314 for the boots. I don't want a refund, I want the boots. But I want the product I bought in good faith from a company without the buckles being broken. Chap moto does state on their website: "Our customer service professionals are committed to your satisfaction and view each time you contact us as a chance to build a relationship." This was exactly true with the customer service representative, who was extremely polite and willing to help. The supervisor shut it down, and would not talk to me. So how does that create a relationship with the customer? I'm glad I'll be taking my money back to motosport and rocky mountain. They also go on to say: "We take great pride in our reputation for quality and excellent value." Apparently in my experience, they do NOT.

I figured Chapmoto would go above and beyond to try and retain customers. However, it looks like I'll keep spending my money at Motosport and Rocky Mountain. I've always had those companies go above and beyond if anything went wrong. Things usually don't go wrong, but when they do--I know I can count on motorsport.com to make it right.

Now I did not flip out, but I did say in a respective manner at the end of the call that I hope whoever listens to these calls from monitoring for Quality Assurance understands that for them not to make this small mishap right directly reflects on Chap moto NOT standing behind the products they sell.

Now do you guys think I should try calling back again, or write them a letter to see if they will resolve this issue? Or should I just call Fox and ask them about the broken buckles and just never give another minute of my time to Chapparal?

Send e-mails with your address. You get better results than calls. Try the seller again, if you don't get the problem resolved then try Fox.

Fox has always been awesome. Call fox and talk to them. They will want you to take photos of the broken buckles and email them to a email address they will give you. My guess after they see the photos and email from you, they will send you the replacement buckles. Also mention your negative expirience with Chapperel and they will be more apt to want to make it right because their distributor is not going about representing their product how they would like.

If you want INSTANT help, blast them on social media with pictures... These days these companies will bend over backwards to keep negative comments OFF of social media. Blast them on every social media website they are on, I guarantee you'll get a PM.

Or... spend your money at a local shop and deal face to face..

I agree with this 100%. But since most of us try to save as much money as possible we search out cheaper deals via the internet.

IMO, I think you should try to contact someone else at Chap Moto to address the situation. It is real easy to go online and blast them, but imagine if you were a business owner and this happened to you. If you exhaust all other resources then I see this as a viable option. I don't own a business, but I work for a small business and can understand how much the business would be affected if someone went online and began to blast the business without having an opportunity to correct the situation. As hard as we all try, we all make mistakes at some time and I don't believe they warrant being broadcasted to the general public. Maybe, just maybe, it is a training issue on their end and they can correct the entire situation if the right person is corrected.

This is just my opinion.

Imagine if you had an off day at work and one of your patients felt you didn't treat them to their standards and then proceeded to blast you on the internet. We have satisfaction questionnaires and the owner/my boss quickly addresses any negative feedback.

Just my thoughts, Georgie. I hope they correct the situation for you and the issue is fully resolved.

Can you post pics of the broken part?? Those boots are awesome and that was a heck of a deal to say the least!

image.jpg
Apparently they suck. A lot of vital mx people describe dissatisfaction.

Told chap moto about the pictures and had good faith they will resolve the issue. Supervisor just jelt telling the service rep no and to say sorry ship them back.

Eff that place.

North ridge yamaha is probably the best place over ever dealt with. They try to beat prices if they can't they just tell me where to go to get it cheapest.

Kames has also always treated me awesome. Wish kames was closer.

Funny thing is in nursing if you have even a hinkling of an off day your fellow employees try to eat you. And they'll bypass me, the charge, the assistant manager and go straight to the manager and complain.

The only nurses that don't do that are majoritaly men.

im not going to trash the company publicly. Unless they really ask for it I gues.

You would think that they could use a higher quality part for that area. This is no doubt a quality issue for FOX.

Well I looked at the new version and they have skimped out and made that plastic piece on all buckles. On my pair The bottom straps are stitches in with a heavy duty clasp.

Funny thing is in nursing if you have even a hinkling of an off day your fellow employees try to eat you. And they'll bypass me, the charge, the assistant manager and go straight to the manager and complain.

The only nurses that don't do that are majoritaly men.

im not going to trash the company publicly. Unless they really ask for it I gues.

I get to hear the fun stories from my wife as she is an RN also. The larger the group of people you work with the worse it is. I now work in a small private PT clinic and there are only 5 employees at this location and I work with the owner directly, no going around to get to him…...

Last edited:
send them back, get your money back and buy better quality boots (Alpinestar) from a local source. Send both Fox and Chap a picture of you making the transaction with a note that says "you will never see my money again"
Customer service means more to me then a 20% cheaper price. Screw the big guys. Buy local and keep your money local. Those are the same guys that support our sport LOCAL.

Worst comes to worst, I can probably get you those parts..

I love my instincts. My only gripe is that the white is harder to keep white compared to some others I've worn..

That's why I got black.

But guys when you're racing on a budget you cant compete with 314 free shipping and no tax.

Can't kames open up a kames2. Online only. No brick and mortar and avoid tax like Amazon and motosport and chap ???

If money wasn't an object I'd just go to kames or north ridge and say "write it up"

That's why I got black.

But guys when you're racing on a budget you cant compete with 314 free shipping and no tax.

Can't kames open up a kames2. Online only. No brick and mortar and avoid tax like Amazon and motosport and chap ???

If money wasn't an object I'd just go to kames or north ridge and say "write it up"

FYI. In your scenario, you still would not avoid tax as Kames operates in Ohio. Same as the state you live in, so they must collect/pay sales tax on any sale to you.

If Kames2 offered free shipping, you still would pay the state sales tax.

If I recall correctly, the old Jerry Farrell's dealer (Now Rick Roush) in Medina had an mail order/online-only business that sold for a lot less than you could buy on their showroom floor or parts department. Don't remember the name they used for those sales though.....

And, Georgie, the state of Ohio wants you to declare all out of state purchases, and pay them the effective tax rate you would have paid if purchased in-state.

Federal, State and Local governments already take way too much of my money in forced taxation as it is.

Back