Chap Moto customer service.

FYI. In your scenario, you still would not avoid tax as Kames operates in Ohio. Same as the state you live in, so they must collect/pay sales tax on any sale to you.

If Kames2 offered free shipping, you still would pay the state sales tax.

If I recall correctly, the old Jerry Farrell's dealer (Now Rick Roush) in Medina had an mail order/online-only business that sold for a lot less than you could buy on their showroom floor or parts department. Don't remember the name they used for those sales though.....

And, Georgie, the state of Ohio wants you to declare all out of state purchases, and pay them the effective tax rate you would have paid if purchased in-state.

Federal, State and Local governments already take way too much of my money in forced taxation as it is.

If course they do. With millions of Amazon prime members they don't have the resources at the state to get everyone.

We are taxed in everything. It's ridiculous. How are they broke???

If money wasn't an object I'd just go to kames or north ridge and say "write it up"

I'm assuming you asked Jill what she could do and nowhere close, right? Sucks that the laws mean
that you pay $22 -ish for sales tax even if they meet the price. That's a law that could be changed.
Wouldn't help me any but sure would help small local shops.

Kames has instincts at a deal right now too.. kames2 may be in the future for sure.. what the store has been trying to do is offer product for exactly what someone could get it for off the net.. meaning a lower price tag and at check-out, it comes to the same price as no tax and free shipping in some cases.. some companies prevent the mom and pop shop from doing this however.. specially with MAP (minimum advertised price).. be it north ridge, rousch, kames, park, keep it local.. few more bucks ain't gonna empty your account and the face to face customer service more than makes up for the difference.. I'm not just a kames whore, I am all about local businesses and keeping money local.. I'm not about to put a #2 in n out burger value meal on someone's cubical desk in Cali.. id rather give my neighbor money towards a pizza for the fam..

I bought some boots at the old Chaparral store about 30 years ago with no problems. The good old days...

I always hate when a dealer orders something it takes 7 to 10 days to come in, but yet I can order online on Monday and have it on my porch Wednesday no shipping no taxes.

Georgie, get your money back and buy a pair of Forma Predators.. Made in Italy and they are the most comfortable boot I've ever owned, I like them better than the tech 10's and SG12. formabootusa.com. Check them out

Georgie, super bummed to hear about your situation, not a good way for them to handle a business at all. My wife is an RN and I am a Medic/RN as well and we have this discussion all the time. Why is it that we are NEVER allowed to make a mistake to the people we serve? Not that I ever want to by any means, but why are we in the healthcare profession not only expected, but demanded to be perfect in every situation. Now I know that When we as health care professionals make mistakes in patient care very much negative events can take place and I want to continue to uphold a great standard of care to all I serve, but what about when we are on the other end? When we go to eat and the food is wrong we are supposed to suck it up, unless we fear retaliation eg. a pissed off cook spitting in my food, cant sit at the table we want...suck it up, boots are broken...suck it up, bike breaks after one ride after being fixed...suck it up(never happens with Parma Dave by the way), neighbors dog barks all the time, cigarette smoke coming in the apartment, music blasting all day and night...suck it up, don't care that you want a decently quite living space and work night shift. I can go on and on for DAYS! I feel for you, that is a total BS move by Chap moto, and really the boots were broken PRIOR to putting them in the box and shipping them to you and someone said F-it not my boots so I don't care, and when you opened them up you need to...wait for it...suck it up. To be honest there is just no respect for anyone in this world anymore and zero accountability for many. People can get away with it so they do. Oh sir you want enough narcotics to kill you for your dental pain you have had for 5 years? Oh sure let me get right on that. What you overdosed on heroin, need it reversed, wake up, vomit in my face and then punch me in it? Oh geeze not your fault, Ill smile anyway and come back and do it all over again the next time. I know I am preaching to the choir, and others of you think I'm totally nuts, I'm okay with both actually... but I digress, bad move for Chap moto and I would for sure go as high as I needed to to get what you were promised when you ordered your boots. I agree with sticking with kames and motosport for example. I have broken, lost parts before that was my fault, called them and had whatever I needed replaced and shipped for FREE! I know Rich up at Ram Jam too has always done his best with matching prices, he did so with boots I found for cheaper online and helped me out huge, check with him too. Poor move on Chap moto because not only are you never going back, anyone on here including myself is never going back, plus all the people we tell not on here, bad business in my book, pissing off people who spend there hard earned money on a hobby that doesn't need to be done, I would be willing to please anyone if that was me...
On another note, Georgie, I just found out the other day you were a nurse as well, I always joked with Todd krieg that I was the fastest nurse he knew...but am I...we need to battle some time haha! Find out who the fasted male nurse in Ohio really is!!! oh man that sounds so bad haha, but seriously lets find out...

Lol. Love that post! We are definitely in the suck it up profession with everything.

I really learned to hate people on a grand professional level after dealing with the patients I take care of. But I've also learned how social of a being my own persona is. I love people. I've taken care of people who are truly grateful and deserving. It has helped me learn that initial contact people be it extremely negative or positive can flip like a switch in a second.

Unfortunately, I've learned how to compromise, a trait that more people on this planet should attempt to master. I'll pay extra and support local so that I know they'll still be there next year. I Need face to face interaction. No more customer service representatives and please press 0 for the next operator. It's gonna be a walk-in, push the door open day, that starts with: "hey joe how's the week treatin ya."

3 people you shouldn't argue with but you can if you really want to but I'm not:

1. Cops
2. People that prepare your food
3. Nurses / healthcare

Also is it bad that when I'm sick or busted up in the hospital I tell them I work construction when they ask my occupation ? Lol

Yup, cant argue with that last post either, 3 types of people that can make your life a living hell haha! No I don't think its bad to tell them you work construction, it will save your ears a lot of lecture time that you don't give 2 craps about. Im always ready to get lectured by people at work over the years by everyone who hears the first part of dir... that comes from my mouth. My reply is always of yeah play hockey and football and whatever other socially acceptable sport in this world is and how its so much safer than what I do because we all know no one EVER got hurt doing that...

Ordered a pair of Fox Instinct boots online for $314+ free shipping. They arrived with two buckles broken. I called them and they told me to send the boots back. However, they do not have anymore boots to send BACK to me. The customer service representative was really helpful, but told me his supervisor would not allow him to send me the replacement buckles and the only option I could do was to send the boots back to them. But they could not send me another pair because they are sold out. I paid 314 for the boots. I don't want a refund, I want the boots. But I want the product I bought in good faith from a company without the buckles being broken. Chap moto does state on their website: "Our customer service professionals are committed to your satisfaction and view each time you contact us as a chance to build a relationship." This was exactly true with the customer service representative, who was extremely polite and willing to help. The supervisor shut it down, and would not talk to me. So how does that create a relationship with the customer? I'm glad I'll be taking my money back to motosport and rocky mountain. They also go on to say: "We take great pride in our reputation for quality and excellent value." Apparently in my experience, they do NOT.

I figured Chapmoto would go above and beyond to try and retain customers. However, it looks like I'll keep spending my money at Motosport and Rocky Mountain. I've always had those companies go above and beyond if anything went wrong. Things usually don't go wrong, but when they do--I know I can count on motorsport.com to make it right.

Now I did not flip out, but I did say in a respective manner at the end of the call that I hope whoever listens to these calls from monitoring for Quality Assurance understands that for them not to make this small mishap right directly reflects on Chap moto NOT standing behind the products they sell.

Now do you guys think I should try calling back again, or write them a letter to see if they will resolve this issue? Or should I just call Fox and ask them about the broken buckles and just never give another minute of my time to Chapparal?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fox-Racing-..._Merchandise&var=&hash=item566ea0a3c4&vxp=mtr

I like the Cramsey noob. As a consumer your only voice is your dollar. Not returning product that does not meet your expectations is accepting the inferior product which results in lower expectations for both customers and suppliers.
I am sure healthcare has 200 levels of built in C.Y.A. to prevent mistakes. Which is a great thing. (Costly, but still good). In my profession if I make more then 7 bad parts in 1,000,000 I have to jump through a ton of hoops, do corrective and preventative actions and kiss the butt of my customer until everything is perfect. I am not going to accept a cold cheeseburger at McDonalds, the wrong part at the auto parts store, or a dusty motocross track without both telling the proprietor then following through.

Back