EBAY is dead to me...

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Its been a while since I got to or had to vent about something but its time once again.
F'ing EBAY. So I am trying to find a few parts for a bike I just picked up for my son... Lets try ebay... Type in 2013 KTM 50 SX and I got back 2,872 results... GREAT... Problem is less then 30 were actually for the bike and the rest where headlights, mirrors and skull printed face shields and crap.
If you are or know any of the d-bags that use keywords or tags on ebay and just copy and paste a list of every fricking make and model will you please do me a favor. Curl up in a small ball and roll yourself down the middle of I-70 starting at Dayton and see how far you can make it.
Is it a written law somewhere that if you are a loser and cant find or keep a job, then you start an "ebay business"? Do society a favor and just go on welfare. We already support all those losers and then you would not be causing these delay.

Attachments

• m7-95UCzaPkdbTjUPaFwV-Q.jpg
    m7-95UCzaPkdbTjUPaFwV-Q.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 122
  • mMAAEmhxB0laJMd6k_-cEnw.jpg
    mMAAEmhxB0laJMd6k_-cEnw.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 122
  • mVO6nAUxJnpNhCwJa72HBYw.jpg
    mVO6nAUxJnpNhCwJa72HBYw.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 142
woooooosaaaaaaaaa

I hate ebay just because of their 10 % bullshit fee. I sell a lot of crap on there, you'd think theyd cut you a break at some reasonable point. Doesnt sound like much til you sell a grand worth of stuff and they've already taken $100 of it, then you have your paypal fee, and then shipping (because you have to do free shipping or nobody will buy it)

Ebay sucks anymore.

Agree with both of you, I've mostly given it up. They keep sending survey asking why, and I tell them, but obviously it isn't a small item/price place anymore.

I love EBAY, both as a buyer and seller. Although I have found some better deals on Amazon recently. It opens up the whole word I have dealt with people in Australia, England, and all over the USA & Canada. No sales tax ( yet) and lots of vendors with free delivery. Best thing ever for VINATGE MX guys, seems like the UPS guy is my restoration assistant.

You left out a key component to your search.. maybe you should try 2013 KTM 50 SX INSERT PART YOU ARE LOOKING FOR HERE

What the hell were you expecting to pop up with such a generic search? o_O

Guess I need the owners manual also since I can't find the mount location of the mirror or the plug for the led accent lights

Sturd's suggestion works pretty well.

To eliminate most of the spam like listings click the "Advanced" right next to the Search button and type in the words you want to search like KTM 50.

On the line below you can exclude irrelevant things you don't want to see like Baja, skull, chain, etc. Just type them in with a space in between each word.

When you search the stuff you don't want to see will be eliminated.

If you are logged in, then you can "follow" that search so you don't have to build it every time you want to look. Once you follow a search you have created, you can select it from the drop down in the advanced search screen and decide if you want e-mail alerts.

There are also some external applications that let you build searches, watch lists, set up auto bidding and sniping. I don't mess with any of that but have been sniped before.

Although the I-70 rolling ball of death option is a dang good idea. I think some tried that on I-75 in Cincinnati. They didn't perish but did get to spend Thanksgiving day in jail.

I remember the good old days of eBay (2 years ago) when you type 1975 kx250 and only parts that actually came on that bike show up. It was handy when rebuild an old bike cause you would see a part that you already had but the one on eBay looked better so you bought it. Now you type in the same thing and I get 12 pages of the same "all balls" bearing. Yes I can be more specific yes I can use another search option but why do I have to work extra just to weed out what is truly nothing more than spam

I remember the good old days of eBay (2 years ago) when you type 1975 kx250 and only parts that actually came on that bike show up. It was handy when rebuild an old bike cause you would see a part that you already had but the one on eBay looked better so you bought it. Now you type in the same thing and I get 12 pages of the same "all balls" bearing. Yes I can be more specific yes I can use another search option but why do I have to work extra just to weed out what is truly nothing more than spam

So its a simple A, B or C

A:You did not have the knowledge to search EBay at the levels described above.

B: Your too lazy to do so

C: You have a better way to find obscure parts in foreign lands and arrange secure payments and shipments?

I love EBAY, can't imagine trying to rebuild a 30+ year old bike without it, walk into my local motorcycle dealer and ask what part fits a 1978 %&^and can you get it this week, you think I asked to screw his daughter by his response.

A. Knowledge yes. Time no
B. Yes I am VERY lazy. I laying on the couch as I type this.
C. No I don't have a better location to find the parts I need but I do have a better plan. I post on marks vintage and other people find the parts for me. Point is if I go to the store, any store and I want a candy bar they don't send me to the motor oil isle or the women's under garments. The above adds all say "fits Kim 50". No. No they dont

Generic? That's the year make and model. None of that says skull printed face mask

Search engines how do they work

A. Knowledge yes. Time no
B. Yes I am VERY lazy. I laying on the couch as I type this.
C. No I don't have a better location to find the parts I need but I do have a better plan. I post on marks vintage and other people find the parts for me. Point is if I go to the store, any store and I want a candy bar they don't send me to the motor oil isle or the women's under garments. The above adds all say "fits Kim 50". No. No they dont

Too lazy to use a search engine properly yet will still find the time to make a thread to bitch about said laziness to a bunch of people that don't care about your laziness. Definitely 'MX/SX General' thread material

Agree 100% on the tools linking their Chinese made crap to every bike on there! For me Ebay is pretty simple - I figure out the searches I give a crap about depending on what I am looking for and I save them with newest listing to the top. I then sit down and go through every BS listing on a really broad search and make sure the part I need isn't there. I then just check the saved once per day, takes about a minute, and never even look at other stuff. You can make it broad and still not have 200 in a day. This works real well for us vintage guys- I have had 83 CR in there for 2 years and two weeks ago I bought a mint tranny for $50. Didn't need it - just know it is hard to find and this price was great. My original 72 Suzuki TC has a 19 x 2.75 Inoue Scramble front tire that needed replaced. I had "Inoue" in my saved for a while and one morning there it was - NOS. For those of us into old stuff there is no way around Ebay but you can beat it.

years ago it probably worked better because there was probably less than half the people on there now. before it was mostly PEOPLE now its small businesses selling their crap directly from china!!!!

1997-1999 I had 2 full time employees and myself parting out Honda three wheelers on eBay. 3 days a week they would strip ATC's down and 2 days a week they would box parts for shipment. I lived on the computer, listing about 75 parts a day and answering endless stupid questions. At that time there was only one other guy in California selling Honda ATC parts. I kind of stumbled into it,but am very thankful I did. Bought the the first one (a non running 85 200s) for $40. It parted out for $530. It was on!!! After 2 years of living on that computer I was burned out and used the $ to buy most of my first equipment to start excavating.

The same parts on ebay today are bringing about half the money. Instead of one or two of them being listed, there are a dozen of them. Simple supply and demand.

Last edited:
Back