Anaheim I yo!

I had to smile when I saw the Spyder cam and then Fox put that big, irritating block of names and rider positions that covered 25% of my screen. I stopped smiling.

That screen insert with numbers and pictures in the way all the time has to go!

Last edited:
I had to smile when I saw the Snyder cam and then Fox put that big, irritating block of names and rider positions that covered 25% of my screen. I stopped smiling.

I hadn't noticed it much on my tv......I guess size does matter....

image.jpg

I had to smile when I saw the Spyder cam and then Fox put that big, irritating block of names and rider positions that covered 25% of my screen. I stopped smiling.

I didn't mind it all that much. Could see what I needed to and could always find where who I was looking for was and/or going. I vote to keep it.

Racing was kinda boring. Guess never was a run up front and those I wanted up front weren't. Still makings of a good season though. Looking forward to Phoenix.

Very disappointed in Tomac right now.. Guy is a beast but can't get a start or not fall down to save his life...awesome to see canard up there where he belongs

Pretty much what I suspected up front. Did not expect two Huskys on the podium at round one.......what year is it? KTM has to be happy with the pick up of TLD. Hansen was what I expected. Fast but holding up people and fading. That's what will get people to force the issue around him, and cause issues. Bowers probably has one coming back to him from Osborne. Although Osborne probably gives up 60 lbs at least to Bowers.

Roczen is fast no doubt. But I am going back to what I said before last night. No one wins more than 4 rounds. Millsaps and Tomac will both have the issues they had last night, not being consistent. I doubt either can stay healthy either. Loved seeing Short and Canard have good rides. 450 class is stacked.

Millsaps and Tomac will both struggle with consistency and with Haun out for probably the season, Factory Kaw is not looking so good.

It's not bad for fantasy watchers. It actually awesome.

Osborne doesn't have anything to give back to bowers. Osborne bumped bowers before bowers ran it in on him.

And frankly that hit was nothing on what bowers would do at the arenacross races. If this road to supercross has any legitimacy they need to get over the hard hits. BECAUSE THW ROAD TO SUPERCROSS DEMANDED THAT TYPE OF RIDING STYLE. Put on your big girl pants this is supercross.

Bowers needs a butt patch. "TkNoSh1t"

And Tyler wants to be in sx. The industry turned there back on him his first year pro and he had to put up with years and years of ax bulkshit to get to where he is now. So when TYBO said "I'm here to win and won't be pushed around," Mitch Payton should of immediately popped a boner that woulda pierced through the awning of the PC pit!!!! These are the guys that teams dream of having. Dudes that come out and say look I want to win, not this oh take it one race at a time and top 10 this, top 5 that...because at the end of the day nobody gives a s**t about the guy whose happy with 5th. Unless your dungey who hangs outs about 3-6 and waits on the guys in front of him to crash their brains out.

Last edited:
I really like the information it shows. I think they could implement better with a couple of improvements. I whined about it early in the race and it got less distracting as I got more used to it.

Fox could optimize the screen real estate better and then change it so it didn't have the appearance covering up the action. They will get better with it also as they sort out how to frame the camera shots. It worked well is some frames and not as well like when the bikes were racing right to left across the screen.

If Fox moved the rider position/info box all the way to the left and didn't leave that little left sliver of live action video, I think it would interfere less. Or they could just shrink the size of the live picture and run the info box on the left like they run other sports scores on the bottom.

I found myself wanting to see what was behind the info box.

I did wonder why they had Jamie Little make so many generic sports comments like "throw down the Gauntlet" or "Making a Statement" etc. She has more insight than she used. I had to laugh when Andrew Short said at his age he was having fun and wanted to enjoy the racing and Jaimie followed the comment with Andrew Short threw down the gauntlet.

Georgie, your comments on Bowers cracks me up. "He wants to be in SX". WE had this debate a year ago. All you could say over and over again was that Bowers was making TONS of money racing arenacross and had no reason to ride SX, and he didn't want to have the hassels and pressure of SX. I wish I knew quickly how to find your comments. I argued that he did need to be in SX to elevate his career.

Either way, he is here, and proving he should be in SX.

Georgie, your comments on Bowers cracks me up. "He wants to be in SX". WE had this debate a year ago. All you could say over and over again was that Bowers was making TONS of money racing arenacross and had no reason to ride SX, and he didn't want to have the hassels and pressure of SX. I wish I knew quickly how to find your comments. I argued that he did need to be in SX to elevate his career.

You have selective reading skills. Last year he wanted to be in arenacross. There was no pro circuit ride that matched his Babbitts ride. No incentive to go big time.he was going way bigger time in arenacross. Making more money than 80% of the "big time" supercross riders. And he goes out and wins Vegas and comes out to podium at A1. So take that "big time," the kid can race any organization and kick ass.

Now he signed for PC and he wants to be in sx!!! He's over ax. And he's coming out swinging hard so the riders and industry don't walk all over him again like they did In his first year in professional supercross.

GeorgiePorgiePR Founding Father
Racing Number:
If he's putting money in the bank in arenacross can you blame the guy for not wanting to change his occupation ? You stay where the money is. Nobody will pay him in Supercross (if he's not on a factory geico, or monster bike). So can we really be mad that we want him to prove something and leave arenacross? Screw that Tyler go for the greatest of all time ax rider and keep the cash in the bank!!!

GeorgiePorgiePR Founding Father
Racing Number:
If he's putting money in the bank in arenacross can you blame the guy for not wanting to change his occupation ? You stay where the money is. Nobody will pay him in Supercross (if he's not on a factory geico, or monster bike). So can we really be mad that we want him to prove something and leave arenacross? Screw that Tyler go for the greatest of all time ax rider and keep the cash in the bank!!!
Opinions can change...georgies comments were based on him not having a factory bike and now he does... And I'm sure he's getting more money than when he was in AX if he's riding for pro circuit and kept his gear sponsors. .. Plus mitch has some performance based incentives I hear that are well worth it to Bowers

I liked the rider position bar on the left. Yes, had to adjust my attention and eyesight at first...but it much easier to keep tabs then trying to pay attention to the scrolling bar.

The new spider cam is sweet.

Was checking out some lap time stuff...this field is way closer together than even last year. The separation is not much, although A1 was an easier track according to the riders. Prolly good for the opener to be an easier layout until everyone is firing on all cylinders...a few races in.

Their was only two Privateers in the 450 main, everyone else is considered factory riders according to RacerX.

No matter who wins races or the championship, it's not gonna be easy. I'm pumped for all the races, but Daytona is especially looking interesting.

Also realized I am too old to stay up late and be attentive in church. I can't fall asleep right after a race is overwith. Same goes for the races I work, even after getting home late and dog tired...go to hit the sack and I am wide awake again thinking about the race day knowing I have to be up in 3-4 hours. I was doing the head bob in church, like you fall asleep and your head drops and than wam, your up again only to do that over and over.

Early title contenders...Roczen, Canard, Dungey

Back