Knee braces? Yes or No?

The curly fuzzy headed guy is really good at what he does. If you need him, be glad it's him.

Everytime I see him he's bringing me a s**t show. Then after we stabilize or they pass we bullshit about how this sturd guy gets his jollies off by ruffling feathers . Haha

Oh and If that was morbid sounding the patients mostly survive.....

Aren't the new ones much bigger than your old ones? A buddy compared his ultra cells to my OG cells and they looked huge. Both were mediums too. Since then I haven't been recommending the new ones but if the size is not noticeable while riding then I'm sure they're great with the new dial system.
I sure cant fell much difference in them, I wear size large, they fit in my riding pants fine and they dont really bother me at all, I think they are a definite improvement over the previous model

knee.png

chances are braces would not have helped.
That's a pretty blind statement, considering this is your thread asking if knee braces offer protection or not.
From Wilsons description it doesn't really point to a big crash or anything, he cites just a mistake. Little mistakes can easily wipe out your knee before you know it, which is what I feel knee braces really excel at saving you from.
Problem is id be surprised if Deano wasn't wearing them. Considering I've seen CTI ads with him wearing em while he was riding for Payton. He didn't call out CTI on his sponsor list though. Hard to imagine him going without em, but if so I'm sure he's kicking himself now.

The POD's are awesome. My husband has the k700 series and worn them for the last 5 years or so and loves them. He can't ride without them. I just switched from CTI to the K300 series and I love them as well. Less bulky, lighter and more comfortable than the cti's.

Reactions: TBO
Zack wears pods. No clue what model, but he likes them. His (and mine) only complaint is they rip the inside of your pants from rubbing with the bike. But that might just be the way he rides, not sure.

As Ryan V. says..... Choosing to not wear protective gear that can help keep you safe is foolish. This situation is obviously a little bit more complicated. But knee braces keep your knees safe and could potentially break a femur. Neck braces can potentially break backs and collar bones, but people still wear them.

People used to wear kidney belts. Thank god try were finally studied 20 years later and found them to be ineffective. But hey "something's better than nothing" right ?????

That's a pretty blind statement, considering this is your thread asking if knee braces offer protection or not.
From Wilsons description it doesn't really point to a big crash or anything, he cites just a mistake. Little mistakes can easily wipe out your knee before you know it, which is what I feel knee braces really excel at saving you from.
Problem is id be surprised if Deano wasn't wearing them. Considering I've seen CTI ads with him wearing em while he was riding for Payton. He didn't call out CTI on his sponsor list though. Hard to imagine him going without em, but if so I'm sure he's kicking himself now.
Just because I ask what you think dosent mean I know nothing about it! LOL

Antibiotic spacers....picc lines for recurrent infections. A femur can really set you back. I think Bornhorst really got the terrible end of the stick when he broke (I think it was his femur) his leg....Took him over 2 years to heal up.

I had all of the above with my femur break.. Picc line was the absolute worst! Took about 1.5 years to fully heal.. I never had braces, just knee pads.

Just because I ask what you think dosent mean I know nothing about it! LOL
Wasn't implying that. I saw the thread topic as a pro/con discussion of wearing knee braces.

To say a knee protection device wouldn't have helped a knee injury(referencing Dean Wilson) with no supporting facts isn't a productive statement.

I have broken the fiberglass and bent aluminum on several sets of braces. Haven't broke a femur(knocking on wood) opting out of any protective seems foolish. But when it comes to looking good in front of the camera....some may stop wearing helmets.

I have broken the fiberglass and bent aluminum on several sets of braces. Haven't broke a femur(knocking on wood) opting out of any protective seems foolish. But when it comes to looking good in front of the camera....some may stop wearing helmets.
My Exo knee braces held up awesomely. Bent the metal after 10 years of use when a guy wasn't happy about being in 4th at Highpoints LLQ.

Back