Best Track in Ohio??

I would tout my fav, but it could be a biased opinion. Just glad we have some choices in Ohio!

Yep, no OIR. I think thats a major oversight. I also think that "the best track" is pretty broad. Is that practice? Racing? What factors make up the "best track"? Really doesnt matter anyway. I was never into popularity contests, what is this high school? I know one of the best tracks (top five anyway) has its new layout drawn up, just waiting for the weather to cooperate and the blade is going to hit the dirt. Even toying with that sand section idea.........starting to burn off the 2014 burnout.....sun is coming up.

Certainly not a "scientific sampling" - when you consider prep and condition, choices for skill level, and days open for riding...theres only one @ the top! BC!

Chilitown in my opinion could not be the best actual track.....I mean briar cliff or malvern by far have a better actual track. Not knocking chilitowns it's still good. Chilitown had the best facilities and promotion probably. So if we are talking the actual track you ride on, no.

Anybody else catch this in the comments????

8iivh9l.png

Reactions: TBO
Go ride and race where you want for whatever reason you want. Enjoy the sport, enjoy the people, and let the roost fly. Drop the politics "who's better than who" and be thankful Ohio is rich with riding. We complicate things way to much and oversee the passion and fun of the sport.

Forget all this OMA, CRA, AMA business and have fun. The effort and leadership of any given track will have proof in the pudding. We don't need to instigate further division.

I am weary of all the division, politics, leg hiking, complicated circumstances, immature validity of stature, and altogether childish behavior of the Moto community.

These current circumstances and the way we are handling things is hurting the morale of the riders. So much drama at the tracks these days and less fun.

Go have fun riders! It won't last forever.

Promoters...let your actions speak and take care of the riders.

This is why PR gets less attention in some aspects.

I don't care where you ride or race...when a rider goes down...everyone is concerned. That is a family/community across political lines.

Let go and go ride/race.

Come on man, Competition between tracks is a good thing. Everyone wants to be better if not the best. Voting on which you think is best is healthy. If an owner cares then feed back like this should lead to improvements. If not, the results from surveys like this will continue to show the same trend until they get the message or go out of business.

I saw that comment about Beans too and shot Mark a message, turns out BJ is going to open on a limited basis of some kind. Very glad to hear that!! Beans has always been a favorite of mine because of the elevation changes and BJ is one of the best dudes around!

YYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! Did BJ decide not to sell... or just hasnt had the right offer yet?

Last Sunday I was walking out of a local restaurant and BJ was walking in. I asked him directly "are you going to continue with the track?" He told he was going to give it another go. I didn't ask BJ if his house/track was on the market and the last time I was there (Oct 26th) I didn't see any Realtor signs in the ground.

Did anyone else's vote go a miss? I voted for Beans and it counted for Briarcliff. Another guy voted for Malvern and his vote counted for Chillitown.

Brenen G
Yesterday at 11:39am · Opinion Stage ·

I really voted for Malvern MX but it says I voted for chilitown

BEANS!!!!!!

Cant wait for Beans and BC ! Got a 29mpg bike hauler almost done. Need a 2 rail bike trailer now!

Reactions: TBO
Come on man, Competition between tracks is a good thing. Everyone wants to be better if not the best. Voting on which you think is best is healthy. If an owner cares then feed back like this should lead to improvements. If not, the results from surveys like this will continue to show the same trend until they get the message or go out of business.
I get what your saying...and I understand this.
It's hard for me, I have been working the scene for a while now and have seen many changes from the "inside" and hear the concerns from the "outside"...some of this is disheartening to me in concern for our sport as a whole in Ohio. I am fine with competition between tracks and sanctioning bodies...but we make an unjust show of it.
It's not easy for me to let go of some things when I have seen or been apart of the changes first hand coupled with positive or negative effects.

Yep, no OIR. I think thats a major oversight. I also think that "the best track" is pretty broad. Is that practice? Racing? What factors make up the "best track"? Really doesnt matter anyway. I was never into popularity contests, what is this high school? I know one of the best tracks (top five anyway) has its new layout drawn up, just waiting for the weather to cooperate and the blade is going to hit the dirt. Even toying with that sand section idea.........starting to burn off the 2014 burnout.....sun is coming up.

i finally jump it all and you go and change it!! wahhhhh

Go ride and race and blah and blah and blah

JO didn't make the website or the poll (to my knowledge), he was simply posting it here. No need to write books or anything about it...

Back