Ughhhhh... Mortgage...

Both mine are packed too im planning on building a larger shed in the fall to free up the smaller garage for car storage and move all the lawn crap out of it into the shed. can never have enough garage space! unless your not a real man. i laugh when i see soemones open garage and its so empty with just a car parked in it.. lol. o_O

I've been tripping over lawn mowers, snowblowers, shovels, rakes, etc for like 15 years. I'll get a shed at the new place damnit

The next house I'm kinda eye ballin has enough garage space to hold 6 cars.. downfall is it only has 2 single car garage doors.. my trucks def not fitting in there!

I have 3 walls of garage doors.
Real nice when I rock out my Ibanez and Johnson amp!!!! It's like a pavilion in there with them all open!
Yaaaa!

Last edited:
Garage and shop space is always a problem.
Remembering when I was building my yard barn, thinking how great is was gonna be to free up the house garage space. Of course that was short lived.

I've been stewing for the last couple of years on building another garage-shop to store and work on the bikes and to be able to get my car back in the house garage. Especially this winter, having to go out and clean snow and ice off my car when its zero or lower out 15 minutes after climbing out of my nice warm and cozy bed has gotten old. I'm sick of it actually!

I have 3 walls of garage doors.
Real nice when I rock out my Ibanez and Johnson amp!!!! It's like a pavilion in there with them all open!
Yaaaa!

I do have a small music room in the house. Playing is the only thing that keeps me sane at this time of year of bad winters.

Last edited:
Garage and shop space is always a problem.
Remembering when I was building my yard barn, thinking how great is was gonna be to free up the house garage space. Of course that was short lived.

I've been stewing for the last couple of years on building another garage-shop to store and work on the bikes and to be able to get my car back in the house garage. Especially this winter, having to go out and clean snow and ice off my car when its zero or lower out 15 minutes after climbing out of my nice warm and cozy bed has gotten old. I'm sick of it actually!

I do have a small music room in the house. Playing is the only thing that keeps me sane at this time of year of bad winters.
What??? I do too??? My wife built me a sound room over deer season 5-6 years ago! I play guitar!! What about you??

Yea, I got 3 acoustic guitars, (2- 6's and a 12). I've had my Yamaha guitar since I was 25. My discipline and playing commitment has always been hit and miss with a lot af inactive breaks aways over the years. It's tough to fit it in with any regularity when you have a busy life and other obsessions. Usually try to hit it hard in the winter. And even then it's a tough balance of splitting time between practicing method, old and new, and practice/playing songs you already know when you can only hit it for 30 minutes to an hour a day. I'm no guitarist, but I can fingerpick a couple tunes, strum a few others, and am always trying to learn blues. I once spent two years drilling hard learning to fingerpick a single song, but it was worth it.

A whole bunch of years ago I built two basement bedrooms for our boys, and when they moved out, one became the music room and my office. You really need a quiet out of the way room to practice so you don't drive everybody else in the house nuts practicing a riff or rhythm line a thousand times until you brain burn it.:D

And with the grandkids now, which as everybody knows "kids love music", we have a bunch of other small instruments and harmonicas and we all howl at the moon together when they are at the house. My oldest son played drums in high school band, and I kept his original snare drum, and the kids love pounding on that thing as well.

Having a small home studio with recording and video equipment for jam sessions is on my long term list. And mixing my own music with Moto video is what I really want to be able to do.

I want the music studio right next to my bike workshop.:cool:

What??? I do too??? My wife built me a sound room over deer season 5-6 years ago! I play guitar!! What about you??

A Vintage Moto Band - count me in. And we think neighbors complain about how noisy the bikes are!!!

On the Storage topic:

I have a 90 year old grain barn. It is fairly sound but would need a lot of work to make it secure and weather proof enough to use as a shop or storage. I tried pretty hard to find someone willing to work on it and got nowhere. Everybody I had out just wanted to tear it down and build a metal building or pole barn on the existing concrete slab. I just don't have the heart to do that. It was fun clearing around it.

Sorry to take this post away from Mortgages a bit but it headed towards garage and storage space. If anyone knows anyone that works on old barns, I would appreciate information or leads.

4942-1424891412-d40cfc611cd942defafcdb2e118d2bc5.jpg

4943-1424891414-f518928854df9aef98bd4a433f3315a8.jpg
4944-1424891416-4d776797f6f44c44f8144283ae663a92.jpg

That would be bad ass to seal it up from the inside and keep the rustic look on the outside!!!!!

I always wanted a barn like that. I cant believe you cant find someone to do that, I know a couple of contractors that would tackle it if you were in Ohio

Sweet! Im an old rocker from way back...The White Boys was our band. I may have more guitars than bikes. Maybe not...pretty much a metalhead. Metallica, Dio and Van Halen.
In my old age I play regular at Church. Three services on 2 Sundays a month and some Wednesday nites. My view from stage. The old Johnson Millenium Amp. Maybe we should get some blues rolling at the Vintage days scene this year.

Attachments

• iphone 7312014 091.JPG
    iphone 7312014 091.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 170
  • mikes phone 2014 101.JPG
    mikes phone 2014 101.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 136
  • mikes phone 2014 108.JPG
    mikes phone 2014 108.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 141
Nice rig! You're fortunate to get to play that often and with other musicians. I figured you to be an old school rocker, you don't fit the country music image.
I love playing my guitars as much as riding and racing, and the fact that it doesn't cost me hardly any money to do it makes it a great back up hobby.

I will go electric at some point when I get good enough to play clean, smooth and more versatile to play music impromptu. I got a lot more work to do though and gonna take me some time. I love the old rock as well. The wife and I saw Cheap Trick play at one of our local theaters last summer. It gave me the burn again.

Love the barn Dan.
A well composed photo of your bikes in front would make very cool wall art for your man cave.

Id love to own a barn like that! Like hershey said, if you were in Ohio I know a few people that would probably pimp it out sweet..

Awesome crute.. Thats not a position id like to be in either lol.. Now if these people would come back and accept our offer, we'd be in good shape too.. Not likely.. Starting at square one again and the homes in my price range that are currently on the market arent quite what I was hoping for.. Time is pressing with the baby coming so were searching pretty hard..

That would be bad ass to seal it up from the inside and keep the rustic look on the outside!!!!!

I always wanted a barn like that. I cant believe you cant find someone to do that, I know a couple of contractors that would tackle it if you were in Ohio

Thanks, I made a serious run a getting work done on it about 4-5 years ago. It was right in the middle of the construction down turn and I thought for sure somebody would be willing to take it on.

I had 5 or 6 different contractors out including an Amish barn builder. I wasn't being a cheapskate either and still didn't get anyone willing to take it on. They all wanted to tear it down and put up a new building - just didn't want to mess with rehabbing an old barn.

It is 20 minutes from downtown Cincinnati so not far into KY. I even called a couple of out of town contractors that specialized in barn restoration but they were prohibitively expensive.

Fixing it has appeal from a preservation perspective , the fact that I don't need new building permits, and repair work won't raise the property tax assessment on the acreage - which is a whopping $45.00 a year.

on the home subject, I finally got an offer on my house, countered and they accepted!!! I'm sooo relieved!!

Excellent - it is not fun carrying 2 mortgages plus all the other expenses.

Don't cave on something due only to timing of the baby if you can help it. S hit can change in a day or week in real estate. From my experience, if you do, you then see exactly what you wanted a week or month later. Don't put pressure on yourself.
The reality is, you can never have enough space. Building a shop is expensive (been there) and like others have said, it is never big enough.

I currently have 5 acres with a big pond, a large home, a 3 car house garage, a 30 x 32 shop and a 50 x 50 building. That amount of space is almost enough for me.....I am way up the age/experience curve than you but wish I had all that knowledge back then.

Who are you using to search for housing? I know of a really good moving realtor that may be able to shed some new light on things for you if you want. It always helps to have another set of eyes working for you. Let me know and I will hook you up.

A great friend of the fam who knows our style.. other than that were searching ourselves quite a bit..

361, were trying not to "rush" into something as thats not how I try to work.. Did that once with my wifes jeep and in 2 months we hated that thing.. Regarding the experience side of things, thats the reason for my post. To gain knowledge. I wish I knew what you (and many others), but im learning!

Dano, that place would make a great winery. You'd get all kinds of city slickers in that place shelling out $18-20 a pop for a bottle of wine.

Back