OMA 2015 Rule Updates & Changes

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Well, we have made some ammendments to our rulebook and series info.

First, as some may know, the Spring Series will be AMA/OMA this year, exactly like the Battle for Ohio Series last year. We did streamline a few things so that our racers wouldnt get as confused or suprised when switching back and forth from AMA to OMA. All of the 50cc classes now reflect the AMA class structure.
We updated the rules regarding DNS and DNFs to reflect the AMA/trackside software, this will make it easier for our scoring crews to enter these types of scores into trackside. We added a handy dandy chart to explain each race series and the minimum amount of races need to be eligible for series awards. Another big change, we added 50+ as a permanant class at all OMA events. We added 30+A for Battle. In the ATV mini classes, we have restructured those to help us streamline the day.

In the ATV Mini Class, we will be running the three production classes together; ATV 50, ATV 70, ATV 90, but scoring them separate. So you will need to pick one class. The same will be true in the ATV Schoolboy Class, we have a Schoolboy 1 and Schoolboy 2. Both will race together off the same gate, but be scored separate. You can only pick one. You must sign up for the specific class at sign up, writing "ATV Mini" or "ATV Schoolboy" will create a fire inside the sign up building the likes of which you have never seen before. Please indicate which class that your child is running. Thank you

Everything is written in our 2015 rule book wihich is available for download here: www.omxa.net/racing/rules

Yeah, good eye and kudos for reading it. I'm not going to. Just going to whine, piss. and moan when I'm getting screwed, only to be proven it's in the rule book that I "read" and state you must have changed it since last it was publically published. Maybe even call conspiracy theory and that you and all the world is against me...

Yeah, good eye and kudos for reading it. I'm not going to. Just going to whine, piss. and moan when I'm getting screwed, only to be proven it's in the rule book that I "read" and state you must have changed it since last it was publically published. Maybe even call conspiracy theory and that you and all the world is against me...

Actually JO and I were thinking of adding somewhere in the rulebook, a "READ THIS and POST ON FACEBOOK TO WIN A FREE SIGN UP" ... lol I figured it would probably be July or August by the time someone found it..

YES, MEISTER... KNOW YOUR ROLE... I am thrilled that you are in our corner! Can't wait for the little bambino to join this happy circus of ours!

Airoh's are not DOT approved. Can't wear those?

Women can't ride 450cc machines?

2 stroke class would be cool if you allowed 112cc-OPEN. :)

Appreciate the 250 2 strokes allowed in the 250 classes.

" All of the 50cc classes now reflect the AMA class structure"
Does that mean no 50 Open?
50 Jr 4-6 and 50 Sr 7-8 are carbon copys, class 3 is oil injected/shaft drive. I don't see the word shaft drive in the AMA rule book, I have confirmed with Alex that 50cc class 3 is intended to be "the PW" class. So 3 out of 4 are pretty much dead on. They have a class 4 that includes multispeeds, we are keeping 50cc open, which is essentially the same. So yes, we are having 50cc open to serve as a second class for the kids, and as a primary class for all the multispeed 50s. Sound good?

Final rulebook is up, only minor changes to mini quads, the rest was the same as a few days ago.

I hear ya Knox, its easy to put things on paper and preach an agenda. Its entirely an entirely different animal to put it into action. Times of changed, bikes have changed, people have changed. I dont think we can ever untwist this birds nest. At this point, WE (OMA Promotors) are just trying to keep the ball rolling, and I really want people to have fun this year! FUN! Remember that stuff? I wish everyone would put down their "Im too cool for school" attitude and just ride. If the track is muddy, dry and hard, primo, if its 4 laps, 45 minutes, 2 laps.....Just ride. Thats it.

Come on man, there's no fun in fun. The fun comes form telling others how to have fun.
For us this year is all about the experience. On and off the track. If you offer one big class we will race it. If its 3 classes, we will ride those.

One other question... You may have answered this but Im too lazy to look. Will the spring series run like the Battle? Meaning, Quads on Sat and bikes on Sun?

Final rulebook is up, only minor changes to mini quads, the rest was the same as a few days ago.

I hear ya Knox, its easy to put things on paper and preach an agenda. Its entirely an entirely different animal to put it into action. Times of changed, bikes have changed, people have changed. I dont think we can ever untwist this birds nest. At this point, WE (OMA Promotors) are just trying to keep the ball rolling, and I really want people to have fun this year! FUN! Remember that stuff? I wish everyone would put down their "Im too cool for school" attitude and just ride. If the track is muddy, dry and hard, primo, if its 4 laps, 45 minutes, 2 laps.....Just ride. Thats it.
I'm right there with ya!! After being away from Moto for so many years, it's all fun now. Obviously going to be competitive in races, but I'm just happy to be riding.

Back