Panic Rev - Local Riders that Follow?

That's the funny thing about religion. I studied the religions of the world in college, and fundamentally they are all relatively similar and same over-lapping principles, however they cause much of the violence and hatred in the world today.

Christianity on the other hand teaches you to love thy neighbor as yourself. It doesn't matter if you are homosexual, transsexual, murderer, thief, etc. The basis of it is love, it's not our job to judge or condemn others, it's our job to show them the love that Christ showed us.

Personally I think it would be very hard to be president and have any sort of religion, the decisions that would have to be made regarding war and the protection of our country and it's citizens would weigh heavily on the heart of a man of God.

Christianity on the other hand teaches you to love thy neighbor as yourself.

Right, got it.
http://www.godhatesfags.com/?COLLCC=79535689&

Every religion has extremists that give the rest a bad name. Islam is taking a beating
because of it. Like christians, they believe in one god and everybody else is going to
hell. Somehow that gets turned into killing christians and other muslims that don't
belong to the same sect.

Arguing over imaginary all knowing beings.

Our beliefs whether indifferent or the same is the cause of all conflict; small or large.

What is really taking place in this world is spiritual warfare. Not what we see before our eyes physically, but the battle between God and Evil; as to say God and satan.

You can draw many common denominators between beliefs of religion or governing bodies...it's the differences that create the contrast and conflict. The differences between each belief are all almost always fundamental and foundational to any particular belief system.

I know God is real. I know Jesus Christ is alive. I know heaven and hell are real. I know Jesus Christ is coming back. It is beyond belief for me now.

I know I fall short of living perfectly on a daily basis, some struggles I have are bigger than others; but like any good father that loves his children; God loves me the same way.

We only need one God and we only need one way.

Kinda like that saying...why use two words when you can use one?

I will have conversation with anyone about life and eternity until it reaches a point of indifference beyond friendly conversation or we continue in like mindedness. I try to keep the conversations open, but I know where I stand.

Spiritual conflict is the real warfare...not oil, not money, not terrorism, not the next president, etc.

Faith is not the absence of common sense.

God desires servants and friends. satan desires slaves and conflict.

This is the link of a radio broadcast by Paul Harvey. It was originally aired in the mid 60's and he made some edits through the years. It is 3.5 minutes.

Also TimSr90...your also referring to FCA and Mr. Sprosty at Summit Indoors in time past.

This ties into the politics thread...but it is always a bad idea to stop honoring God even when we are guilty...whether in America, the Church, Schools, Work place, homes, motocross, in our selves.

My heart is broken over us and this world. I am guilty. Only by grace (undeserved gift) do I have eternal and present hope.

Politics and religion are inseparable. But a state sponsored religion is of course never acceptable.

The moral equivalence mentioned regarding religions is confounding. So is a faith in an ever expanding central government. Especially as that government becomes further unleashed from the restraints of it's Constitution and the citizens loose that precious document's protections.

Want to discuss mass killing by no religion, athetist regimes in the world's more modern history? The numbers are truly staggering.

This one flew right over my head...what do you mean?

Selected example and inference are used to make the dissimilar appear to be the equal in all manner. In this case very different religions are treated as if they are the exactly the same. It's a clever, deceptive tactic of persuasion.

Yep, no reform, no condemnation, no good.

Gone off tangent with the Rheticus reference?

Right, got it.
http://www.godhatesfags.com/?COLLCC=79535689&

Every religion has extremists that give the rest a bad name. Islam is taking a beating
because of it. Like christians, they believe in one god and everybody else is going to
hell. Somehow that gets turned into killing christians and other muslims that don't
belong to the same sect.

Arguing over imaginary all knowing beings.

Westboro Baptist Church is neither Baptist nor Christian. It was founded by extreme liberal, anti-war lawyers for the sole purpose of drumming up hate, and besmirching Christianity.

But just for kicks, let's say they are "Christian extremists". When was the last time they beheaded killed, or even physically injured anybody? Radical Islam has no comparison in any other faith. Even if you want to go back 800 years to the Crusades, you'll have a hard time comparing Midevel war practices to today's radical Islam.

You'll never hear modern Christians excusing or being silent about the Westboro Baptist church, while the only Muslim defending Islam is President B. Hussein O.

Back