Transponding from the Cliff??

i like looking at lap times but dont like riding with my phone in my pocket or strapped to my bike in some fashion.. transponder could help with that

I just heard back from mylaps, the classic transponder is still available, it is $295. It has a 3 year warranty, and still currently works with the system. The flex subscription has a lifetime warranty.

AND, you will be able to see your times from your phone when you rent a transponder.

Last edited:
I think once everyone sees how easy and how well the timing works next year become a racing with transponders only thing. Its that good. No issues with scoring at all and you get to race your buddies who arent in your class too !

I think if you could rent, and use for $10 a race or practice, that people would pay that amount. But the track would have to fork out money for a couple hundred to rent for $10

If transponders are required the cost should be included in the sign up fee. People racing multiple classes could use the same transponder all day and get a discount on the sign up fee for second and third classes.

They will not be required, I would like to make them an optional thing for now. However at every big event you must rent one (if you dont have one) outside of the sign up trailer, there ususally is a transponder rental trailer, just fyi.

Back