OMA Season Opener!!!! Points & Results are posted!

TowerGal

PR Founding Father
What an AMAZING season opener! Almost 350 entries and a great race track packed full of die hard riders braving the 17 degree signup and beautiful, but chilly day of racing! Thanks to all that supported us today!

Looking for points & results?

http://www.tracksideresults.com/omxa/

*Pitbike and 125cc are not series classes, but have been posted temporarily for all to see!

Have a great evening everyone!

Connie

Connie, I thought the OMA was bumping riders in C class... I noticed a name Issac Timms, he raced last year in C class, he won every C class race he was in, unless he crashed out. Also he was a front runner in 14-24 when A riders were in the class. I noticed today he ran C class yet again and went 1-1, now this doesn't bother me bc I don't race that class, but it's not fair to the other riders who are try coming in and trying to compete, looks like we have ourselves a C class hero here

Look up his results from Are Qualifiers and tell me if he is still a C class hero. I know Issac and i agree hes not a C rider for locals, but when you are trying to qualify for lorettas or any amateur national, you have to "sandbag", it really gets on my nerves and is very annoying when people say this stuff.

Connie, I thought the OMA was bumping riders in C class... I noticed a name Issac Timms, he raced last year in C class, he won every C class race he was in, unless he crashed out. Also he was a front runner in 14-24 when A riders were in the class. I noticed today he ran C class yet again and went 1-1, now this doesn't bother me bc I don't race that class, but it's not fair to the other riders who are try coming in and trying to compete, looks like we have ourselves a C class hero here

If you feel like Issac should have been advanced, contact Alex Hunter at the AMA. To keep continuity in Ohio, we will use their advancment list. This will avoid confusion for us and the racers, and make the race weekends less stressful and maybe even fun again. Thanks for the heads up though.

Having the quads and pee wees do both motos first then have big bikes motos was kinda cool. Seemed like Jason didn't have to water disc as much. I personally liked it.

Yeah.... No thanks on the quads and peewees first. The watering and disking I think had more to do with the frozen/thawing ground and cold temps. On a different note the track looked great for all the bike motos and my son loved it. Other that a busted up finger it was a great day. Great job to the staff and crew as usual at Malvern.... One of our favorite tracks to ride. And Connie.... I haven't received my RCMC Cards from yesterday yet..... LOL

Good stuff! I was not there, but seems as if it was the place to be. Can't say Malvern wasn't on my mind over the weekend though... Good for those who braved the bitter temps. I remember a day this pup did that on a regular basis...kinda miss it to be honest. ;)

Great start to a great year so it seems. Great job crew!!! :)

Just drop it. It'll create a shidt storm. Let em race whatever they want. The excuse is going to be "I'm doin it for lorettas" and chances are lorettas is going to be chock full o Isaac timms. You can't combat this problem. And no disrespect to timms but I bet he will barely qualify for LL and then land 30-35-33 ish finishes at the ranch. Remember

All the c riders at LL are far from c riders. They all scrub, whip and rip tear offs mid flight.

Like I said in another thread last week about class sizes.....it's now a Different year same amount of class entries.

3-4 A RIDERS
10-12 b riders
35+ C riders.

25 plus also has only 5 riders showing up

That 125 class is a great addition as it had 12 riders. Woukdnt be surprised if it turns into a series paying class in the next two years.

Only way to end it is require a SS# to buy an AMA and or OMA card and make the class for one and two year riders ONLY. (Which is what it should be)
Just because he may get his doors blown off at LL does not make it right. STOP CHEATING

Thing is, you "cash cow" bashers will jump on this bandwagon, if you kill the current LL C class as is, do you think up and coming C class riders would replensish it to have the full gates year after year? I mean, I'm all about giving it a shot, but what are the #'s on C class riders attempting vs. B class? What's the percentage of mini riders jumping to C vs. B?...

Only way to end it is require a SS# to buy an AMA and or OMA card and make the class for one and two year riders ONLY. (Which is what it should be)
Just because he may get his doors blown off at LL does not make it right. STOP CHEATING
Why should OMA enforce it if the entire country of ama districts won't enforce it ?!

Mini riders jumping from B to C shoukd theoretically be 0% per the rules.

About those Rocky Mountain Bucks... lol It may take me a couple days to verify 300 membership addresses and get them entered into a file on their site.. Iol I promise that Rocky Mountain will have a list in a day or two and you should have them in a couple weeks!

Let's talk about race day shall we? It's 6am on Sunday and Jason and I are standing in the sign up building... Being a promoter is tough..he's watching his dirt. He knows it, plays in it, makes a living with it. WORRIED about what he can do to give EVERYONE the track that they pay to race on. My hat is off to him..he went outside the box yesterday to please as many as he could, that is what OMA is all about. Stop griping about all the classes, the C riders, and all the other.. just remember to enjoy the DIRT. These OMA promoters are masters with it..

So the race is over, where's Jason? ON HIS EQUIPMENT sealing up the track because it is going to rain... I hope he got to sleep in today.. Great Job to all the crew at Malvern yesterday!

Running all peewee and quad motos first is an awesome plan. If people are that upset about it flip it every other Race.

Less track maintenance (if not needed because of scheduling wit) means shorter race days.

I appreciate you notifying me. As Jeremy said, we follow the AMA advancement and so if he wasn't advanced by the AMA or have raced a B class, then he is permitted in that class. On a different note, we do try to watch carefully those riders who may be trying to go back to C class, after riding B. There were a couple of riders yesterday that were not permitted in the C class because of this. Thanks again, I know you are just looking out for all. If you find people trying to do what I explained above, please email me at www.omxa.net and we will investigate.

Now.. BACK to the topic.. frozen dirt - how to fix it!

Thanks!
Connie

Running all peewee and quad motos first is an awesome plan. If people are that upset about it flip it every other Race.

Less track maintenance (if not needed because of scheduling wit) means shorter race days.

I don't know if it would work all the time, but it was marvelous yesterday!

342 entries by 234 human on a crazy cold day is unbelievable. I am sure the temps held off a couple hundred like myself. I walked out in the yard Sat morning and said "There is no way we are driving up there to ride in frozen mud." Glad to see I was wrong. Great job Ohio racers and of course the Vern. Lets keep the numbers up all year.

Back