Cocr is the place to be. Not a gate filler here. Prime time racing!!!

evans104

PR Member
Where are all the grouchy pestimistic people. Cocr had a fantastic practice today. Bring it boys. Where is everyone???

Haspin had about 200 Sat. for practice. Race Sunday. They are part of the Kentuckiana Motocross Championship Series

Last edited:
You got haspin going on which is southern Indiana... The you have a LL area going on at malvern that's pulling in some big names... Majority of ohio MX is up north right now Greg

If I wasn't working today, we would be racing COCR.

I love COCR, and it can be a great track to race on, but they are definitely going to have to change their ways if they want racers to return.

Been there once. Wasn't impressed. They'll need a social media campaign chock full of tacky dirt photos and bros draggin bar to get the masses back.

Had not been to COCR in about 5 years. Had stayed away because a club member had told me to not come back if I had a complaint. So I did not go back. Was not impressed today. Track is ok, but the prep is marginal at best. Just not a favorite of mine.

When thinking of COCR I'm always reminded of a Kyle Petty interview in which he was bashing the nascar track at North Wilksboro (which no longer has a cup race). "This place would make a great fishing lake but it's not much of a race track". I personally wouldn't go to COCR if It was paying $1000 to win and the first rule was you have to be slower than me.

Full gate in 40+ at Haspin.
11150209_10203526124264349_2801330500605413122_n.jpg

COCR has a lot of things going for it.
Fairly easy access from a major highway, decent central Ohio location, Good dirt, good track length, great elevation changes, good pedestrian viewing and it's been around for a long time.

It's just so sad that COCR has so many critics and few will go there. (well deserved critics as I hear it).
They definitely need some track design updates, and they stood a fair chance of revival 2 years ago when Jeremy Osborn came down to assist them.

When one stops to think about it.....maybe COCR could of, (and should of been) another track on the OMA schedule!

Having Action Sports Racing take over track and racing management would be a good starting point.

My turn... 1990 was the last time I was there... Fairly easy access from a highway, very true, but that last mile to the driveway sucks and you are given a Sherpa to climb the driveway to the gate... No biggie.
Good dirt? true. Unfortunately I know that by taste, since we parked by the starting gate and they NEVER watered it all day.
Good track length? True. But not if your a 50 parent... serious leg burn this morning.
Elevation change? See statement about the driveway.
Good viewing? Very true

Now, There are some issues. First and by far most important. Heavy wood posts holding up 5 wires (They call this a fence) less then 10 feet away from the outside of the first turn... VERY scary. They are one whisky throttle away from slicing a rider in to 6 even portions.. PLEASE TEAR THAT DOWN... at least put up some hay bales.
The most I seen was 8 yellow flaggers covering the whole track (and two were setting side by side) Track is very long and really needs more yellow to cover it.
Track is very one lined in the center section.
"computer problems" my son was put in the wrong class and was scored in that class as a DNS. (duh) Now, since I don't care and he was last anyway, its no big deal. But something is telling me I am not the only one that had this issue.

Last one... How is the series sponsored by Monster, Monster signs everywhere, but when you go to the concession stand and ask for a MONSTER they say "We only have Red Bull"... Did someone not get the memo?

Good to see COCR still around

The track has a few areas that do not flow. The bottom of the hill after the triple double section.....track is 5 foot wide and goes back the other direction......does not work and makes for zero ability to make a pass in the corner. The finish line is the same way.......its one line and 5 foot wide.

The track has some potential. But needs some layout changes. I agree with Knox, some areas are very one lined.

I went there once for an Area LLQ. It was ok but nothing really memorable about it. In other words, nothing that really made an impression on me to make the 3 hour drive back there again.

The other thing I will say is that I never see anything online about the place other than posts like this asking where everyone was. So many other organizations are putting their races in front of me all the time like CRA, OMA, WNY, Red Bud, Log Road, Action Sports, SVR, etc. that I would never even think to go looking for COCR info.

Bottom line in this day and age if you aren't out there promoting to the customers, they have plenty of other places to go.

So some tracks will say they hate this place and it's a clique and whatever so they don't post. Well, Chillitown MX could have thought the same thing when they opened years ago, but they didn't -- they came on here and promoted the heck out of their track and now they have the biggest events in Ohio. My first visit to CTMX was 100% driven by their promotion on this website.

Food for thought --- PitRacer.com is older than Facebook!

Last edited:
If you recall there was a push by a couple of their club members and they were trying to bring about some changes. (Hippy McGrath if I'm remembering correct?). I recall speaking to him at the track, he was encountering resistance to change from some of the clubs elders. There were several good COCR threads where suggestions were requested and critcisms were being discussed. And it was after that, that Jeremy went down to help them.

It's almost like they don't want fresh and new public attendance. Is this characteristic to all "Clubs"?

COCR reminds me a lot of Honda Hills. Could be, and should be a premier "OLD SCHOOL" Ohio MX facility and proving ground.

Here is an example of what COCR could become.

In the olden days of Moto (uh...the 70s, and 80s before I even formed into the zygote) a little place called Ohio International Raceway was a great place. Had a GP....and the world famous raced there. Fast forward to the 90s and it became a cow path, the only days I remember showing up is when my dad said we had to show up for a series races. Then...Hands took some initiative and turned that Cow path into a MOTO MECCA.

And they're doing the same at Big Game Raceway! Went to big game once in my life prior to hands taking it over, and I said i'd never come back. Well the last time I raced was at big game and the hands hit it out of the park, and wow is that place a good place for racing after all!!!

It's possible to flood your gates with entrants. And I know I do not race and ride as much as I used to, but when I do ride it's a calculated decision and if that means driving 3 hours to Briarcliff instead of the short drive 20 minutes to pymatuning holeshot, that's what I'm going to do because I know what I am driving to ride at.

It also means that i'll drive 45 minutes to Big game over COCR because I know what I'm going to be getting....

The reason the finishline is the way it is is because it slows down the riders and the scoring trailer is right there.

It's hard to make track changes when it has to be voted on. I had an immediate family member who was a "higher member" there for a couple years recently (hasn't been for a year or so) my brother and I also my father has traveled all over for racing and when we tried to mention track changes, they were shot down. We even proposed running the track in the opposite direction (track is FUN backwards and has much better flow and utilizes the elevation more to an advantage!) but again it was shot down.

I hope they can figure things out, it's a fun track, best in the southwest series as far as I'm concerned (length, jumps and elevation) and I've always had fun there.

I herd Haspin had 444 . Copy from face book.
All they need to do is get some loamier dirt into the track all over... and get another water truck so they have 2 not 1.. get rid of the quads.. and then prepare for 444 entries bc they didn't prepare for that many and most tracks wohldnt.. and problem solved.. layout and track is good.. just needs a little help.. LIKE MOST TRACKS AROUND HERE..
11083897_928494603868945_1318975283228336991_n.jpg
11088350_928495263868879_7111964573978791716_n.jpg
Dam Quads. lol.

Back