Cocr is the place to be. Not a gate filler here. Prime time racing!!!

That looks fun.......not. I don't mind some hard pack, but dust so think you cant see does not work for me.

The reason the finishline is the way it is is because it slows down the riders and the scoring trailer is right there.

It's hard to make track changes when it has to be voted on. I had an immediate family member who was a "higher member" there for a couple years recently (hasn't been for a year or so) my brother and I also my father has traveled all over for racing and when we tried to mention track changes, they were shot down. We even proposed running the track in the opposite direction (track is FUN backwards and has much better flow and utilizes the elevation more to an advantage!) but again it was shot down.

I hope they can figure things out, it's a fun track, best in the southwest series as far as I'm concerned (length, jumps and elevation) and I've always had fun there.

I love COCR. I'd still love to join. It's so close to Columbus. It has a great layout. Everyone there works so hard but nobody wants to belong to a club just to work. Maybe give members a choice of yearly dues or they can work it off like SVR does. And please just hire someone to take over track prep. I know it will cost money to hire someone but you'll get past that voting problem and the equipment problems and the money will come back with more riders.

They did have someone with a lot of experience come in and do track prep, and track changes about 5 -6 years ago. Attendance went up a little, and track prep was great, usually. One bad prep day over shadows 10 good days (especially with the rep that they've had). It's alot of work, and a lot of money to put on good races with people making good comments at the end of the weekend. Money is a key issue. COCR is open for new membership, and always has been as I understand it. I don't think that the older members are too hard headed to understand that things need to progress/change. I think they need more members that race, and want to make things better to help steer the club in the right direction.
I was a memeber for around 5 years, but unfortunately worked out of town, so it was hard for me to have time to take care of my own family commitments, as well as the clubs. Wouldn't you know, as soon as I did not fullfill my requirements for being a member, I started working form home. I wish I was still a member. They defintiely need more/up to date, promotion.

The thing about cocr is the older members are too hard headed to want to change anything, and it takes money to improve a track, money they don't have due to low turnouts. But to the point, if cocr actually changed some things around it would easily pull more riders. Hopefully some of the members down there actually looks on pitracer.

Open practice to public. Where's that posted ? On the sign driving by the track? I know I drive by that place everyday on my way to work.

Their open practice days are usually on Saturdays on the weekends they have a Sunday race scheduled. I think most just follow the COCR website or their facebook.

I thought you lived in north east Ohio Georgie?

I do. Was being sarcastic.

I wish track owners and clubs would Think of Pitracer as the road sign to all off Ohio .....WNY racing got involved and has pulled quite a few Ohio people to the neighboring state of NY for some racing.

I thought the track was good Sunday. I was the 1st and 8th motos. Lines were good, got a little dusty in the afternoon but that's to be expected. I haven't been there since 1994 for an MX. 7 of us in the 30+ class i was surprised they didn't stagger us with another class. Track needs better marking and a little one lined in one area.

Georgie they new about pitracer, they use to post on here a few years back. Like Mx626 said they're hardheaded and don't want to listen to anyone. We tried to help them with suggestions and even made them a 3D rendition of what the track could possibly look like, still shot it down

I thought the track was good Sunday. I was the 1st and 8th motos. Lines were good, got a little dusty in the afternoon but that's to be expected. I haven't been there since 1994 for an MX. 7 of us in the 30+ class i was surprised they didn't stagger us with another class. Track needs better marking and a little one lined in one area.

Big long track. NO reason what so ever that 7 riders should ever leave the gate alone. Stagger more classes. They had 2 4 wheelers in moto 1 (last moto), and 1 in moto 2........even they could have been staggered behind a class some where. Honestly, if you only get TWO 4 wheelers to show up, its not a SW series class.......Then DROP the classes.

At least they ran the quads or quad last. 1:40 lap times isn't a long track IMO. Track was fun maybe 5 laps would give you close to a ten minute moto. Honda Hills used to run ten minute motos and I used to think they where short. Run ten to 15 minute motos. Back in the day they would run 20 min motos for the pros. Malvern used to do 30 minutes for the pros. I'm all for a green white checkered I think I would've won but less than 8 minutes I don't need to get in shape. Ok I still do but this isn't speedway racing. Maybe I should try flat track.

Too many classes for longer motos. My son was in second to last moto, and we were pulling out about 6:30

Well there's two pages of cocr interest. Great opportunity to harness the interest and turn it into a positive for the hard heads.

So .. who is running the place?
Ohio has become a hotbed for amateur and sportsman motocross, and has enjoyed a welcomed reviitallization with various events and the newly formed OMA, yet COCR is missing all of it.

I also think that one huge key to a tracks success is location. COCR has a decent central Ohio location.
An interesting consideration is that you have three tracks with direct access off of State Route 33, no more than an hours drive apart...COCR, Fast Traxx, and Action Sports, and all three tracks run motocross and GP's. Talk about a perfect layout for a good mini series serving that part of the state.

Even in a club, there has to be some leadership to be successful. And there are people who would like to see the track succeed.
Here we are all talking about the place (Again!!) but it's as though nobody is home????? And really, thruth known, it would be preferable to see all three of the mentioned tracks enjoy great success.

Back