How did you pick your racing number?

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
This is just for fun. I know nobody randomly just picked a number to run on their ride. What made you choose the number you're running? I'll go first.

Other than play bikes, and some road racing, I don't race anymore. In the '90's when I rode 125's, I picked my three digit number by morphing two of my favorite numbers. 7, and 22 = 722.

The 64 number I run now, stems from my ex GF bitching about me trying to save money on my heating bill one winter by leaving the heat at 64 degrees at my house. I told her that "I'll live with 64 degrees all winter long if it helps me onto the starting grid in the spring!". I made it, so I decided to run the "lucky" 64 on my road racer that year. I guess it just stuck.

So now ya know! Who's next? --L*64

When I was on 50's pops came home with a set of 3's and 6's (or 9's) and I just liked the way 93 looked. When I got onto big bikes I chose the number 256 because was living by SR 256 in pickerington and I was the only person from the area who raced so I always joked and said I represented the 256. My little brothers numbers come from his birthday 6/26

My first, middle and last name each have 5 letters. I thought that was kinda neat so that's why I went with 555.

Good thread tony,

1989, had no money, getting married. Took out a loan for 19 months to buy a kx125.
19 payments, 19.

I ran 5 last year cuz I'm too lazy to change the ones that come with the bike.

My first bike my dad took me out to buy.. I was 13 years old and beyond pumped. I fell in love with it .. 1996 YZ125.. It was a Sunday,
Before i was suspose to go back to my moms for the week ... I was excited, but my dad said not right now, I forget his story, but he played it off well.. I was bummed and we left. That next Friday when I came over for the weekend, there it was in the garage, my first bike, 1996 YZ125, I loved that bike and on it was #33 .. Since that bike drew me into moto and the lifestyle I kept it!

first date with wife
God daughters birthday
time I want to get to the track on a work day

Oh! I HAD a 1996 YZ125! That was a FANTASTIC machine! Had it not developed some kind of electrical issue-- I'd still have it today! It turned out to be a $13 part after I sold it. I wanted it back! I may get a 125 from that era some day yet. --L*64

Oh! I HAD a 1996 YZ125! That was a FANTASTIC machine! Had it not developed some kind of electrical issue-- I'd still have it today! It turned out to be a $13 part after I sold it. I wanted it back! I may get a 125 from that era some day yet. --L*64

Thay bike was awesome! I have a 1996 yz250 now though

Last 3 digits of AMA card... 977... Before I let it lapse. I still have the old card, but they issued me a new number after they moved from Westerville to Pickerington. Don't feel like changing it now.

surprised more people are not running their actual AMA Numbers. I run my assigned AMA number, #250. My son Matthew, likes Chad Reed, so he is #22. He also used #22 in Football and Basketball.

Started out with 423. That was my grandfather's birthday. Also my football number in high school was 4 and my baseball number was 23.

Now though, I decided to switch to my dad's birthday, 514. He's still around to see it and like a lot of other guys, he tries to make it to every race. I figure that's the least I can do. Good thread.

Back