Chillicothe Vintage HS/MX Sat June 13

At the Unadilla race they ran a retro class 1980 to 1986 or so and a 1986-1998 class. It was a blast. Some guys even ran there 98 bikes in the retro class. No one was checking or complaining. Those disc brakes had no advantage over Babs jr. He ran 1-1 on his 81 RM 125 . On a one off race like that I see no issue running with some disc brake riders. Its all for fun. Heck even I hole shotted 36 guys in two motos!! There was only me and Jack without disc brake lines up . Wish I could have made Chillicothe ...

Last edited:
CERA is an off road club. The MX was a first time addition to their HS program. There were only three motos with combined class gates. Sure wish the rain would have held off a little longer. I signed up right after the last HS during the MX practice and ended up with only a lap of practice during the first moto. I really wanted to race that track. They had even built a cool downhill, turn, uphill and jump out of the woods section. Was a mooch acceptable, short race program but there's no controlling the weather...
That woods section and uphill jump is a blast. We raced that last year in the HS. Cool stuff like that is a reason we race/ride, and running it on old bikes just enhances the experience.

Mike - I am a bit confused didn't Unadilla ran AHRMA rules? Was that just a class they added on Saturday or something? Cool if they did.

At the Unadilla race they ran a retro class 1980 to 1986 or so and a 1986-1998 class. It was a blast. Some guys even ran there 98 bikes in the retro class. No one was checking or complaining. Those disc brakes had no advantage over Babs jr. He ran 1-1 on his 81 RM 125 . On a one off race like that I see no issue running with some disc brake riders. Its all for fun. Heck even I hole shotted 36 guys in two motos!! There was only me and Jack without disc brake lines up . Wish I could have made Chillicothe ...
Thank you that is was what I was thinking , the club gave vintage riders an event to hit before Midohio. We could not have a class for everyone but was willing to work with the riders, we just needed to see what kind of turn out we had to set the classes. I had a great time helping put it on and was glad everyone had a good time.

Back