Where Would Moto Be Without the Internet?

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
As I wade my way through some of the current topics, I stop and think about some of the factors that have helped me grow my facility. I automatically say the internet has helped us tremendously, and it has. I think the internet has helped many of the new millennium tracks. If we assume Mx was bigger 15-20 years ago, big assumption I know it can be argued, but follow me on this one, if that is true, would have Mx died off completely without the help of the internet??

A good topic question.
th

My opinion is no.

If you build it, they will come!

I remember driving to Gollans Honda shop just to find out when and where the races were back then.

Is it easier to get the info? Yes
Would your turnouts progressed a little more slowly? Absolutely. But people would have found your track by other means. At least that is my opinion.....

I'm guessing with the difficulty I have picking up sarcasm at times on this forum, your motives with this question are more of a statement??

I used to get cycle news to see who was racing. I use the internet to find new tracks down south..
Huge asset. For winter riding...

I feel the net has added a lot of benifit for networking and advertising / promotion. I used to get my schedule from the old D-11 newspaper. If a facility was not D-11, I had no idea it existed.

I feel the net has added a lot of benifit for networking and advertising / promotion. I used to get my schedule from the old D-11 newspaper. If a facility was not D-11, I had no idea it existed.
But has it kept motocross alive? No doubt it had improved things.

JO I don't think the internet made or even helped you. Your facility and effort did. Tracks can use the internet 24/7, 365 but if the product sucks (the track) they will not be back. The interwebs thingy has helped spread the word that a track is there. It does not disc and water.
So to answer your question, NO. MX will still be in the exact position it is.

Without the Internet I would have made the Trek to OIR Sunday, that would suck.

Yes this is true but before the internet races NEVER got cancelled !

I think we would be at the same spot, just a little more difficult to get the info. We all love moto and will do what it takes to find a place we love to ride. It actually might be better without it, we would have to talk face to face all the time. Personal interaction might do many of us some good! Lol

On the other hand I have met some really cool people on here I may never have without Pitracer. And like DD said the winter riding is a major plus with the internet.

Oh....and I guess your acronyms would be pointless too. Where would you be without calling me ANDHDS01???

As I wade my way through some of the current topics, I stop and think about some of the factors that have helped me grow my facility. I automatically say the internet has helped us tremendously, and it has. I think the internet has helped many of the new millennium tracks. If we assume Mx was bigger 15-20 years ago, big assumption I know it can be argued, but follow me on this one, if that is true, would have Mx died off completely without the help of the internet??

No mx would of lived on in my mailbox. Via flyers. With no chance for me bash you for shitty track prep. And no chance for me to complain about fees.

Less bikes would be getting stolen because no hood rat could glorify breaking the law by wheeling down povershed city streets.

The potholes in thee areas are big enough to kill people on dirtbikes. Wonder why their not dead yet.

Hershey, Maybe you should use the interweb to check the weather at Red Bud before you travel up there. BLa ha ha ha ohh, I kill me!

Back