Where Would Moto Be Without the Internet?

JO I don't think the internet made or even helped you. Your facility and effort did. Tracks can use the internet 24/7, 365 but if the product sucks (the track) they will not be back. The interwebs thingy has helped spread the word that a track is there. It does not disc and water.
So to answer your question, NO. MX will still be in the exact position it is.

Well it still takes a tremendous amount of effort by a promoter no doubt. However, I think we gained popuarity sooner, because we were able to spread the word quicker.

JO I don't think the internet made or even helped you. Your facility and effort did. Tracks can use the internet 24/7, 365 but if the product sucks (the track) they will not be back. The interwebs thingy has helped spread the word that a track is there. It does not disc and water.
So to answer your question, NO. MX will still be in the exact position it is.

Well said!

Yes this is true but before the internet races NEVER got cancelled !

Umm, not true. I used this thing that had a pigtail cord attached to a base which was attached to a wall with a cord. It made a ringing sound on the other end and typically would be a recorded message of sorts stating if race was on or not. More difficult than the old innernet, but still was effective. Well, for those smart enough to use it. Of course if in route plans changed, you were hosed. Well, not unless you had one of this huge line repairman gadgets in your car... ;)

I raced heavily from the mid 90's through 2001. I dont remember a race ever being cancelled. Rain or shine, like Lightning raceway posts. You just raced and everyone knew it. We rode in down pours and knee deep mud, a race only got held up if there was lightning.

Today that only happens at LL events. Local stuff gets cancelled too easily.

Today that only happens at LL events. Local stuff gets cancelled too easily.

Wow, you're on a roll Dave, I might have to agree with you there as well...however, me too much of a fair weather rider to an extent. Especially these days. Thinking there are more like me than not as well in that a track cannot afford to move ahead with a race when it would typically take more cost with many less riders to hold a race in bad weather. Back in the day....way back, I thought riding in the mud and slop was fun. Of course, before my MX days. No way today. Too much work for my fat arse to not only ride in it, but to clean up afterwards. Can't say I'm lazy, just not as stupid as I once was... Of course, that can always be debated, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I am fair weather as well for all those reasons except i like riding in the mudd. Always have.

Fair weather riders, and lets face it. Is it worth the cost of blowing up a four stroke to go survive in knee deep mud and have a survival race? Nope.

Not to bag on them, but Dirt Country did cancel a lot in the 90s. I would even call them day of show on one of those funny bricks Scoob mentioned. "Yep, we're racing!" Just shy of 2 hours later, I pull in. "We cancelled". Did I mention only a light sprinkle had gone through the area?

Had that happen four times in two years; Never went back. I do hear Rocky has done some good work there though.

I never heard of TCMC cancelling unless the place was literally under water. They had some racers that probably should have been cancelled and I was one of a hundred or so dumb enough to race...

I've put my time in in the mud. There will be no more of that. (Unless someone gives me their bike and agrees to fix it and wash it for free lol)..

Back