http://racerxonline.com/2015/06/14/broc-schmelyun-injured-in-scary-crash-at-high-point?utm_medium=So

Lucky to be alive.
Its motocross not Nitro circus. Enough of the 150 foot jumps. We have kids getting killed in our sport way to often and the professional promoters keep building bigger and bigger jumps which trickles down to the amateur level.
DAVEY COOMBS. for God sake, set a good example. Build a track with the racer in mind. Not the 1000 drunk idiots setting around waiting for this to happen.

That was just scary. Made my stomach turn.

That crash was a drag, so scary. It happened right in front of us. Terrible seeing that. I think they life flighted him. Get well soon Broc. I heard he was a local kid.

I saw it from across the track by the podium area, super scary, looks like his left foot got ripped off in the rut before the face and it drug up the face and ripped him off the bike, thank god he's still alive

Did his foot slip off the foot peg? Or maybe the bike bottomed and his foot hit the ground and ripped him off the bike..

I posted the same thing on Vital because I know Coombs reads it and I am getting beat up. Man there are A LOT of morons out there.
I give up.

Did his foot slip off the foot peg? Or maybe the bike bottomed and his foot hit the ground and ripped him off the bike..
That is what it looks like. I watched it in slow-mo and after he comes out from behind the blowup lizard his left foot is dragging.

This is his facebook post.

Broc Schmelyun
Yesterday at 10:32am ·

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I crashed on the 120 footer and broke my femur and fibula. They just found something wrong with my ankle so I will have surgery on that shortly. Not sure how I crashed. I'm fairly sure from what others have said that my grip fell off on the face and I went 120 feet to flat on my feet. Pretty severely concussed. Just now coming to. Thank you for your support, I don't have my phone on me so I will reply to everyone when I am able. Thank you everyone.

Used to be that LaRoccos leap was the largest jump on the circuit. Now that jump is kids play to a couple other ones. The "fly 150" or whatever else the tracks are building. Heard Budds Creek or Millville, maybe both are adding a big huge triple also.

I totally agree, only a matter of time before one of these leaps ends in a fatality. This one could have for sure. It does not make the racing better. And as Knox stated, if this is whats being expected on the national level, it trickles down to the amateur level with bigger and bigger jumps.

Still man, if something like that happens before a huge jump, it's dangerous as hell and leaves no room for error... I understand it would've been the same result has the jump been a smaller table or whatever... Seeing that in person was terrible... This is why I gave up racing this year and for good... Risk isn't worth the reward at a local level

See how wide that kid took the turn before ? True privateer on less than factory equipment. Musquin was cracking that s**t from the inside.

Pause it just before he goes behind the geico blow up. Bike is completely bottomed out and squished in a rutt. If his grip came off it was cause he was holding on for dear life not to get ripped off the bike.

Just can't. I hate vital. It's full of retards from Bumfuck Nowhere Alabama that just post whatever because they have no fear of running into the actual people they talk crap to. On here 99% of us are at races each weekend.
Between those assbags and the Coombs yes men that swallow anything Davey puts in their mouths it make me want to take up tennis.
No, the pit is my home. It's not like Morgantown will ever answer me anyway

Well god.at-least Get EM riled up and suck up some rage bandwidth in the process.

Keep it going until they point out how you aren't a pro. And can't move out of your own way. Etc. Etc.

If you make a real valid point DC will make an appearance and let you know he can't afford to change anything although he really really really wishes he could afford to!

See how wide that kid took the turn before ? True privateer on less than factory equipment. Musquin was cracking that *!*!*!*! from the inside.
This is exactly what I think is bull sh it about pro level racing. And yes I understand it is about money but they all should be on similiar bikes, very similar. Motors and suspension should be very comparable. Its like taking a knife to a gun fight.

John, it is no different in Nascar, Indy car or any other form of motorsports. There are always the haves and the have nots. I am not sure besides the IROC series, there is any form of motorsports where dollars don't win out every time.

Back