VMD Three Moto Format for Motocross

Im planning on making the best out of this unique event because it's all about having fun.

Now, can you guys help confirm for me what class my 81 KX 250 will have me?

Cool stuff Alex. Much like LL format with the race schedule and knowing what time your moto goes off.

Now, I must say though....I'm pre-entered for 4 classes and that tentative order has me racing 3 motos back to back (almost -- # 18, 20, 21)!

Whatever you guys need to do, fine with me. I've raced 3 classes back to back to back before on different bikes. I sort of like knocking them all out in a row and then I go and collapse for a while.

Last edited:
Great thing about a tentative schedule, I've just moved that moto. If you see something else.. let me know.

I believe that a 81 KX fits within a Evo 2 classes.
Evolution 2 – Evolution 2 classes will include bikes with no linkage type rear suspension, no water cooling and no disc brakes. There are no travel limitations.

Here is version 2 of the Tentative race order, I appreciate the feedback.

Attachments

• VMD Race Order.pdf
    223.9 KB · Views: 248
Evolution 2 – Evolution 2 classes will include bikes with no linkage type rear suspension, no water cooling and no disc brakes. There are no travel limitations.

Evo 3, IT HAS A SINGLE SHOCK LINKAGE REAR SUSPENSION

So here is our VERY TENTATIVE race order. To give you a idea what we are attempting to do. This way you know what times your motos take off and this allows us to schedule the racers around the Trails event. We are attempting to make this event has professional as possible, consistent of our other National Championships. If you see something that concerns you, email me at ahunter@ama-cycle.org

To answer your question about impound, the impound area does a couple of things for us, first to look at the bikes and make sure their eligible for the class, second gives the riders the ability to talk and high five and have a good time, third, most of you aren't getting any younger, we'll have water and a place to cool off. If you're close to back to back motos, we'll make sure to get you out quickly.

And YES we'll have a starting gate.
Ok you have a starting gate. Now answer the question are you going to have a track built or will we race in the parking lot again???

Did I hear that as long as you turn a certain age in the current year, in my case 50, you are allowed to compete in that class? I read through the rulebook and there is some verbiage in there for youth to that effect but I don't really see it for us old people. I don't hit till October. Just curious. Thanks

Alex I know this is not going to be easy! I currently am in race 15 50+ A and race 16 E2 250 A and race 19in E2 Open A.If you could give me a little break between +50 and 250 a it would great. thanks Mike

Your '81 KX is EV3. Mine isn't going to make it again this year. Needs too much work. We'll be there on the trusty MX360, though. Really looking forward to it. Anyone have a spare set of cases laying around for an '80-'81 KX250?

Kevin

Alex thanks for putting out a tentative schedule. It help us understand the concept and how you will manage to get 3 moto's in over two days. I have a couple of races between the ones that I plan to enter, and based on the tentative schedule, will add an additional class to give me full days.

The only issue is that you have post entry up to 9:00am and racing at 9:30 so it all depends on that. As I recall last year there was a large group of post entry's. I will do mine online today, you should push people to sign up early on the Facebook page, Web page and perhaps email previous entrants. Its $10 cheaper to pre enter but its really not well publicized.

I was assuming that there will be practice sessions, both days but don't know after looking at the schedule, can you let us know.

Mike

After looking at the tentative schedule I am planning on installing lights on my Husky as I'm sure we will be finishing up Sundays race program in the dark. 15 minutes a day to maintain track?? Going to go and check on refund policy, I see a real cluster starting to form.
Still waiting to hear if a track is being built or the parking lot will become a vintage and post vintage track. The post vintage guys should really like the parking lot deal.

I have voiced my concerns about the tracks in the past. Too tight IMO. There is plenty of room there, open it up a little bit, make it wider. There doesn't need to be a turn every 50 feet.

I am going to take some crap for this, but my god people give it a rest. You have people trying to give you a great weekend away from the normal rat race that we live now days and you guys are beating them up over it. Is the schedule going to be perfect, no. Is the track going to be Monster Mtn., no. Is everyone going to get through signup in 5 minutes, no. Is everyone going to win the national championship, no. The track always has been what it is, the same for everyone. I do not know Alex, but thank you for your hard work. I am going to have a great time there even if I run back to back in a parking lot while I am in the trails event as I sell stuff at the swap meet.

DMX - I think their intention, as I read it, is for a NC -125 - race #21 and an NC Open, to include 250's - race #12. Note sure if NC - 125 Open means all sizes though? Looks like they are doing something similar for E1. Makes some sense really as there are not as many open class bikes the later you get and E1 is the smallest PV class for sure. I am sure Alex will chime in.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion. I'm glad you did. Trust me I have been looking for answers on how it's all going work and not just on this site. The format is awesome so if it works it will be great if it doesn't oh well at least the AMA tried.. I think with Alex monitoring this site it will help when it comes race time.. I will collect my beer you owe me now in the swap meet for backing you! Unless your racing? Then I will just have "Big Brice" load your cooler up for me.

Last edited:
I agree with Kevin but on the issue of back to back Alex was asking for feedback and he is working to accommodate them now, he already did for Vet261. MXkid asking is doing the same. I'm sure knowing Alex we'll have an email out to AMA members on it when it looks to done. If people don't pay attention to it and show up at the event I say too late I guess you need to cut a class or do it anyway. I am pumped I can ride this much and know how to plan my time and pace myself, on more than racing, at one of my favorite weekends of the year....

After looking at DMX's question I got to thinking - "I use to race E3 250, where is that?" I found the complete 2015 class schedule that should explain all of this but they have definitely combined and changed up some stuff. I even went a step further - if you lay this against the actual results/# or riders at the events last year it makes much more sense. They designed it based on history and class sizes I think. If it makes the number of racers in a class go up and the gates fuller I am all for it. Although it was kind of nice telling everyone you got 2nd and leaving off the fact that there were only 3, or maybe 2, people in your class.............

Attachments

• AMA Vintage Classes 2015.pdf
    213.8 KB · Views: 182
Back