VMD Three Moto Format for Motocross

Sorry for the delayed response...I traveled today to Mississippi for a Youth Regional for the weekend and had a meeting with the organizer today. Let me work on the race order and double check to make sure I didn't miss anything. Again I appreciate the responses. We did combine some classes because of the low participation, the reason some classes are "open" is because we combined the A and B/C classes.

The racetrack will be built in the same field we been in for the past few years. I hope to have a little "higher speed" design. The Log Road crew will be building the track again this year.

OK...Here is a totally revised Race Order. This obviously doesn't have the second and third motos but it's just easier to change once the order is set. Give me your thoughts... thanks.

Attachments

• VMD Race Order.pdf
    208.4 KB · Views: 230
Uni-track single shock, drum brakes, air cooled, forks like a wal-mart mountain bike

The way you were hauling on that 81 at the Chillicothe HS, you could be competitive on a Wal-mart mountain bike.

As others said the 81 KX is an E3 class bike and depending on your age you could race it in a combined post-vintage age based class.

Your '81 KX is EV3. Mine isn't going to make it again this year. Needs too much work. We'll be there on the trusty MX360, though. Really looking forward to it. Anyone have a spare set of cases laying around for an '80-'81 KX250?

Kevin
I might, I'll check tomorrow morning.

Alex,

My advice on the race order would be this:
-Get the race order set as best as you can based off of pre-entries to the event. At some point prior post that as the FINAL race order, and let post entries choose their classes to enter accordingly. You simply cannot waste time trying to accommodate changing the race order for post entries.

This system works it's really nothing new, and nine times out of ten everybody is waiting for a rider who is bsing with his buddy and not paying attention. Will be running in vintage, evo1, and evo2, and if have to run back to back not a big deal with us.Might wanna let Alex do his job and some of you might get drug into the 21st century

Last edited:
Alex race order works for me.One thing you might want to look into is how many +50 riders you had last year,alot of races I go to + 50 A & B are the biggest classes of the day,might want to split them up,could have a bunch of riders out there at once? Thanks for all you do! Mike

This system works it's really nothing new, and nine times out of ten everybody is waiting for a rider who is bsing with his buddy and not paying attention. Will be running in vintage, evo1, and evo2, and if have to run back to back not a big deal with us.Might wanna let Alex do his job and some of you might get drug into the 21st century
Back to back motos not a big deal at most races,but with top 3 going to impound and moto winners being interviewed,this will more than likely slow things down.

Ok. After reading all the messages, I'm in. Breaking out the 96 YZ 250.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 141
Oh Yea, wouldn't miss it.
I still haven't completely ruled out racing. Possibility of a last minute decision.

Seeing that YZ gets me itching again. I had a 96 YZ125 a few years back that I now wish I hadn't sold.

Good, See you there. Do your bikes need a lot of work, Mike? We had the MX360 out in the yard last night tearing it up. It's ready. I have to change the oil in the motorhome and tinker with it a little and it's ready. Tickets, golf cart and motorhome passes are in hand. I'm very ready.

Do your bikes need a lot of work, Mike?

The 82 and 84 YZ250's need gone through. The KDX needs new top end, (have new piston, need cylinder measurement and gaskets). The MX250 is tore down waiting on new piston and re-bore. The 98 CR250 is ready for reassembly, with new piston and freshly re-plated cylinder. All other bikes on hold.

I'm in the middle of a construction project at home, if I can make enough headway, I may scramble to see if I can get the KDX and 84 YZ race ready. Might have to wait and enter class's on race day.

I really don't want to miss racing this year with this new format. But you have to be real about things sometimes.

Alex - it would be really, really cool if there was a means of communicating what moto is on the track. Even when it was one day for me I was constantly asking "what moto is out there" when I was right next to the track and really not doing anything else. I plan on enjoying some of the other aspects of VMD if I can over Saturday and Sunday while MX is going on. I know me and I will be constantly concerned if things are speeding up, etc and thinking "I better get back". Or worse yet things do run faster and you don't know it and you do the frantic to make your moto or miss it altogether. It would be great to know "M1, #18 - on track" or something that simple via group text, website, even twittter-could even be every 2 moto's. It would probably help it move smoother as well. I will say one thing - I am guessing most vintage people might text but twitter probably not! Then again that would be real easy and I am guessing most would have a kid or grandkid that could handle it. Just a thought but I think most would really like this as so many are pitted so far from the track.

Last edited:
It's almost time to pull that last minute race prep for VMD so hopefully all the suggestions, ideas, criticism have been accounted for and a plan is in place for VMD 2015.
May the 75-80 degree sun goddess with big puffy clouds praise us with her beauty all weekend!

Got the 84 YZ250 fired up today, Yahooooo!
Just finished preregistering :
PV.. Veteran 30+ Open
PV.. Veteran 40+ B/C

I agree. That bike will scream.
She's just a little reluctant to fire up when cold though. I've just been wanting to get time to sort that out, and really just go through the bike and get to know her well.

Can't wait to get it on the gate again.

Back