Trump daddy

Sturd,

I think you are correct. I don't believe he wants to be president. Why cause he said so many times in the past he does not.

I think he just wants to get into the debate and talk about the tough issues and try to get straight answers.
Especially out of the lying nasty bitch Hilary.. Evil

Anybody who voluntarily puts on a uniform is owed a debt of gratitude, and those who died, were wounded, or suffered more are owed a greater debt of gratitude, but I'm with Trump in having reservations of my interpretation of the words "war hero" being applied and interchanged with the words "war casualty".

John McCain paid a great price, and suffered immensely, and we owe him a greater debt of gratitude for his service because of it, but I am having great difficulty finding specific heroics in his ordeal as I understand the meaning of the word.

Trump was pointing out that we regard the guy who was unsuccessful as a hero because he suffered as a result, while the guys who were successful in accomplishing their missions are ignored because they did not experience the same suffering as the unsuccessful. Yes, we owe John McCain a great debt, but the nameless guys who succeeded are the heros.

Anybody who voluntarily puts on a uniform is owed a debt of gratitude, and those who died, were wounded, or suffered more are owed a greater debt of gratitude, but I'm with Trump in having reservations of my interpretation of the words "war hero" being applied and interchanged with the words "war casualty".

John McCain paid a great price, and suffered immensely, and we owe him a greater debt of gratitude for his service because of it, but I am having great difficulty finding specific heroics in his ordeal as I understand the meaning of the word.

Trump was pointing out that we regard the guy who was unsuccessful as a hero because he suffered as a result, while the guys who were successful in accomplishing their missions are ignored because they did not experience the same suffering as the unsuccessful. Yes, we owe John McCain a great debt, but the nameless guys who succeeded are the heros.

Well said.

Well, it's Presidents day, might as well get this discussion rolling again.
It's been since June of 2015 and Trump is still leading the pack.

Predictions or comments please?

I haven't been this entertained since Gerry Ford, our only un-elected president up to that time, pardoned
Nixon and draft dodgers both. Now with Scalia kicking the bucket, the ante is upped.

More popcorn and another beer please.

Yea, the SCOTUS appointment has definitely given voters something else to worry about.
And I have to tell you, I really feel, (and genuinely fear) that there are a lot of Obama (and Hillary) closet supporters out there who are totally comfortable with his, (and her), actions and choices. We'll see I guess.

I'm trying to read them all. Sanders is popular. The library has countless holds on his stuff. And Hillary is still popular apparently. Got holds on a couple of her books too.

Gotta read abut them all to find the truth in the middle.
image.jpeg

Gotta read abut them all to find the truth in the middle.
View attachment 51250

Georgie how do you have time to read that stuff with your two overly-full time occupations of work and Pitracer posting?

I love to read, and I read a lot, but it's always tech or engineering manuals (for work), automobile repair books (to keep my junk on the road), Motocross Action magazine (shitter time), Investment and retirement B.S., or mail.
No free time to read anything else.

Read them and report back please. :D

I just sacrifice an extra half hour a night of sleep. I just lay there and toss and turn as it is. So arleat when I read these political books I get to wind down and then go to sleep.

So far Rubio isn't impressing me.

Trumps books are good. I agree with his perspective. The Media is great at skewing his words and policies.

And Cruz I like too. His ideas are very conservative and with a republican house and senate I think he could get some repeals in, appoint an effective scotus. And get the country back on track....

I'm still 1. Cruz, 2. Trump

Trump #1. By far. The establishment on both sides of the isle are scared to death of him. So that means he is obviously the right choice.

Well after reading the introduction to Cruz book I'm in for Cruz #1. I like trump too. His book is good and easy to read. Crippled America. Can blast through it in 2 hours.

Cruz starts off with a story about how the establishment wanted to con their voters into thinking they didn't vote in raising the debt ceiling by a technicality. Where they change the votes from 60 to 50 and the last five still vote no. But then tell their constitutes they didn't actually vote for it when they voted to change the votes to allow it to still pass. Read the book.

Yep. I like the fact that Trump is not tied to anyone. So both sides of the isle have no ties to him politically. I also think he will follow through with trying to make Government departments more accountable for their budgets like a business. I am supporting trump for the same reason I voted for Ross Perot 2 times.

I heard an interesting commentary on predictions a short while ago that stated that professional gamblers have a higher accuracy rate calling election results. It's said they use less emotion and more facts to base their bets on. And beings they have money on the line they think it all through more clearly then the average voter. Interesting.

From watching the debates and many of the press clips, I'm unclear on why Cruz has the support that he has. He took some heavy attacks over his flip flops of past issues that surfaced during the debates, and he didn't offer a strong rebuttal. His policies approach are lukewarm in public sentiment verses the hot topics approach that his biggest competitor is running on.

Seems to me that the Republican National Committee is in a severe state of panic that Trump might actually go the distance, and therefore are trying to pump up the other candidates to take Trump out. Especially when you consider how much air time and media attention they are throwing at Kasich who arrived late in the game out of nowhere.

Bush, Cruz, Rubio, Kasich all offer the voters more of the same of what we already have in Washington, and are unlikely to impact establishment politics and gridlock. Carson and Trump are non politician and non attorney candidates, but will be faced with working with and through politicians to get anything done.

My brain simply asks this one question: Can any of them beat Hillary and the army of special interest groups and money pushing for her?
She's having fits dealing with Sanders, who was an unexpected rival and holding his own, but I think there are just too many people in the establishment that OWE HER and will do anything to wield their power and influence to get her in office.

The Democratic National Committee and their head, ( Debbie Wasserman Schultz) want Hillary for President, not Bernie Sanders. They are determined to cram this down our throats using every bit of manipulation possible despite the wish's of the general public of America.

More of the Clinton's and Bush's will only crash this country at a faster pace than we are already on.

Last edited:
Back