Trump daddy

hershey

PR Elite
The profits are flat because the market place plans are bringing down the profit from their other offerings. You're smarter than that Sturd.

sturd

PR Addict
Those are all about companies getting out of the exchanges. Not about company bottom lines.
As I mentioned, margins are flat so management is looking for ways to boost them. Getting
out of the worst parts of the exchanges and raising the cost is one way to do that. They're
doing the same out of the exchanges -getting out of the less profitable parts of the business
and raising cost of insurance for the rest.

Read the 10-K if you want to know what's really going on inside one of the insurance
companies. You can look them up here:
https://www.sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/companysearch.html

If you think that the insurance companies making a lot of money is incompatible
with obamacare not lowering costs, you are incorrect.

k01

PR Elite
But don't worry about it. Donald will replace Obamacare with Trumpcare. Universal healthcare, the government will pay for it, you can have your plan, your doctor and so on...
Does this all sound familiar? Here we go again...

hershey

PR Elite
Those are all about companies getting out of the exchanges. Not about company bottom lines.
As I mentioned, margins are flat so management is looking for ways to boost them. Getting
out of the worst parts of the exchanges and raising the cost is one way to do that. They're
doing the same out of the exchanges -getting out of the less profitable parts of the business
and raising cost of insurance for the rest.

Read the 10-K if you want to know what's really going on inside one of the insurance
companies. You can look them up here:
https://www.sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/companysearch.html

If you think that the insurance companies making a lot of money is incompatible
with obamacare not lowering costs, you are incorrect.

Lmao.....every company that is or has bailed clearly said they can not make money in the market place with Obama care ... you're really stretching sturd, or you are that stupid.

sturd

PR Addict
Lmao.....every company that is or has bailed clearly said they can not make money in the market place with Obama care
As I mentioned, both in the market place and out of the market place, insurance companies
are changing how and who they insure, and raising customer costs. Obamacare did nothing
to change that. But those companies are still making record money, contrary to what you
say, and you can go look it up.

... you're really stretching sturd, or you are that stupid.

Name calling, that always helps your argument.

sturd

PR Addict
But don't worry about it. Donald will replace Obamacare with Trumpcare. Universal healthcare, the government will pay for it, you can have your plan, your doctor and so on...
Does this all sound familiar? Here we go again...

Medicare for all! Donald and I are on the same page, I think, there. I'm assuming he
expects me, not taxes, to pay for it.

hershey

PR Elite
As I mentioned, both in the market place and out of the market place, insurance companies
are changing how and who they insure, and raising customer costs. Obamacare did nothing
to change that. But those companies are still making record money, contrary to what you
say, and you can go look it up.

Name calling, that always helps your argument.

And since they are saying Obama care is precisely the reason for the price increases and they are only losing money on the market place they are liars and you know more than them?

sturd

PR Addict
If they say they are losing money, why isn't it reflected in their 10-K's? They can say, and
do say, anything to a reporter. But the 10-K better have the right numbers. I encourage you
to go look, as I have.

Besides, Obamacare doesn't set the prices on the marketplaces. The insurance companies do.
It's no different than any other marketplace with respect to price setting. If they set the
prices too low to make money, who's fault is that?

sturd

PR Addict
One that I follow closely, UnitedHealth Group, net earnings:
2010 - 4.634 Billion
2011 - 5.142
2012 - 5.526
2013 - 5.625
2014 - 5.619

Earnings per share(they've been buying back shares, part of the reason
their net is flat)
2010 - $4.14
2011 - 4.81
2012 - 5.38
2013 - 5.59
2014 - 5.78

dividends per share
2010 - $0.405
2011 - 0.6125
2012 - 0.80
2013 - 1.0525
2014 - 1.405

2015 not available yet. All above from page 35 of UNH 10-K for 2014

That are getting KILLED by Obamacare. Yep.

hershey

PR Elite
If they say they are losing money, why isn't it reflected in their 10-K's? They can say, and
do say, anything to a reporter. But the 10-K better have the right numbers. I encourage you
to go look, as I have.

Besides, Obamacare doesn't set the prices on the marketplaces. The insurance companies do.
It's no different than any other marketplace with respect to price setting. If they set the
prices too low to make money, who's fault is that?

Now I know your just pulling s**t out of the air to make arguments, no one is that ignorant.

Have a great day.

hershey

PR Elite
One that I follow closely, UnitedHealth Group, net earnings:
2010 - 4.634 Billion
2011 - 5.142
2012 - 5.526
2013 - 5.625
2014 - 5.619

Earnings per share(they've been buying back shares, part of the reason
their net is flat)
2010 - $4.14
2011 - 4.81
2012 - 5.38
2013 - 5.59
2014 - 5.78

dividends per share
2010 - $0.405
2011 - 0.6125
2012 - 0.80
2013 - 1.0525
2014 - 1.405

2015 not available yet. All above from page 35 of UNH 10-K for 2014

That are getting KILLED by Obamacare. Yep.

Those figures are NET, not broken down into different offerings and their profits. Obamacare offerings on teh market place are losing, why else are they threatening to pull out of it????

sturd

PR Addict
If they really pull out it's because they set their prices too low and can't compete at that price point. Don't you run a business? Why is this so hard for you to understand? I'm not explain something I guess.

sturd

PR Addict
Maybe I didn't emphasis enough - the insurance companies set the price on the marketplace. Not ACA or
anything else. The insurance companies. If they set the price, why is it Obamacare's fault they can't make money?

Besides, they make money. I don't believe their whining, based on my read of their financials, but even
if it's true IT'S THEIR FAULT.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
When the government madates insurance companies to cover pre existing conditions...it makes the insurance company harder to make money.

Example.

I have a house. I fall asleep smoking. Wake up. Half the house is on fire. s**t I say, hurry up and call an insurance company. Hello, I want to insure my house ! Company says yea sure anything wrong with it ? Me yea it's on fire. But half is still intact. Since the fire is a pre existing condition you gotta cover it.compant says uh.. Ok. Gotta raise the rates for everyone that have houses that aren't currently burnin to make up for this loss.

Next day insurance company pays for a burnt down house.

k01

PR Elite
Now I know your just pulling s**t out of the air to make arguments, no one is that ignorant.

Have a great day.

Hershey, really? Arguing with an idealogue? You know his politcal perspective is 180° out of phase. Just lol! and move on...

sturd

PR Addict
When the government madates insurance companies to cover pre existing conditions...it makes the insurance company harder to make money.

The companies can raise the price to pay for it. Most have.

Note that we still payed for it before but through taxes. Pre-existing conditions showed up
on your doorstep and got medicaid.

hershey

PR Elite
The companies can raise the price to pay for it. Most have.

Note that we still payed for it before but through taxes. Pre-existing conditions showed up
on your doorstep and got medicaid.

Exactly, they raised prices, they lowered coverage and sold fewer policies than anticipated. They lost money because of this scenario. Obamacare doesn't work. You proved my point.

This is how Obama got elected and Hillary may as well, voters actually believe Sturds displaced logic.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Take this survey. And post your results.

image.png

image.png

image.png

A lot of issues to answer on. Interesting answers. My fiancé was most in support of Carson.

Last edited: