VETS AND RESPECT!

k.c

PR Member
I think if you could look up stats on crashes per class plus 30 40 and 50 would be the lowest!That is cuase we respect each other. I had a battle with a guy today and he said that's what its all about no matter who wins and he is spot on he passed me I passed him but we kept it clean we don't endanger one another with careless mistakes we are not going to try for the pass less we are confident that we can pull it off without harming one another.I told him If im going to try to do something new I will do it when nobody is near me I will hurt myself before I take somebody with me! This is not are job we have to report to that on Monday.P.S Good race chris will do battle again im sure.

Last edited:
I have a couple guys (I wont mention them here), that if they are in a moto with me, I stay away from. They are like a kamikaze sometimes. But I agree, no one in 40 plus is out to hurt anyone for sure......Unless I get the chance to clean Hershey out in a corner.

Go race a Loretta Lynn Regional in one of the VET classes and see if you still feel the same way!

They're mostly still kids. At heart. Ha.

Hell the llq at high point a few years ago I thought some of those guys were racing for money as hard as they got me in turns. Brooke my knee brace...

Locally vets are the best racing. Nobody is killing anybody.

I was at Area 51 for practice on Saturday and I had some kid or guy pass me like it was the last lap of a moto, i passed him back, very clean, and he tried to push me off the track again so i passed him clean again and then the same thing. Now I struggle with this because old Roachy would of just t-boned him and then kicked his ass and then felt bad because I behaved like old Roachy. New Roachy feels bad because I didn't just kick his ass which now means I am a sissy. So this is why I am now a trials rider.

no need to feel bad, we are out there to have fun. but maybe using him for a berm once and then just moto on would have been a good lesson . just saying.

I was at Area 51 for practice on Saturday and I had some kid or guy pass me like it was the last lap of a moto, i passed him back, very clean, and he tried to push me off the track again so i passed him clean again and then the same thing. Now I struggle with this because old Roachy would of just t-boned him and then kicked his ass and then felt bad because I behaved like old Roachy. New Roachy feels bad because I didn't just kick his ass which now means I am a sissy. So this is why I am now a trials rider.
puss

Well that's a grey area. Was it aggressive or was it dirty. If someone is being like that to me I will stuff him but still as safely as I can. Meaning making sure it is a clean pass with a touch of rage to make it stick.

9 times out of 10 I am battling with one of you dorks so I have to play nice or you won't share your beer with me. And the other guys just blow by and I never see them again.

I think the racing culture has changed over time. Many things I see today that are considered an acceptable part of racing would have been considered dirty 10 years ago.

...pass me like it was the last lap of a moto,

Like the last turn of the last lap of a moto? Hmm... Maybe I need to start practicing that way so I know how to handle you in the race! (if you ever come back to moto) :(

I should have went and gotten some tips from #177

when I was younger I always thought.... I can't wait to run +40. It will be more easygoing and I won't have to push it anymore. YEAH RIGHT!

As we talked a few weeks ago, i thought the same thing for +25, then got my butt handed to me at the malvern quali. A lot, ALOT less pressure in the "vet" classes which I enjoy. Chatting on the line is fun too, its now about drinking beer after the moto.

Reactions: k.c
As we talked a few weeks ago, i thought the same thing for +25, then got my butt handed to me at the malvern quali. A lot, ALOT less pressure in the "vet" classes which I enjoy. Chatting on the line is fun too, its now about drinking beer after the moto.

25+ is A class for the pre-elderly in motocross....(Elderly in MX is anyone older than 35 lol)

Back