Smith Road's Annual 4th of July Race

mastiffmom

PR Addict
Our 4th of July Race is fast approaching (7-4-15, this is a saturday) Here are the details, feel free to ask questions!
* 4th of July (Saturday July 4th) gates open at 6:00 am.
* Gate fee is $10 for everyone racing and all spectators 10 and over.
* Everyone must sign in to enter the track.
* If someone needs to drop something off for you, you need to be waiting for them at the gate, or they can leave it for you with one of the staff members at the gate the alternative is that they will have to pay to enter.
* There is a 10 person minimum for the "run what you brung class" 125cc and up bikes only for this class. The winner will recieve a 6 foot trophy.
* Sign-ups for racing will be in the building accross from the concession stand. Its $25 for the first class and $20 for each additional class
* First place winners can chose a T-shirt, Trophy or Smith Road Bucks, 2nd-3rd place winners can chose a T-shirt or Trophy. The trophies this year are different sizes according to place and very nice.
* Practice starts at 8:00 am
* Races start at 10:00am. We are planning to run 3-4 laps each moto.
* Kids will be on the peewee track from beginner 65 on down.
* Concession stand will be open for the entire race with cold treats and yummy food!
* You can come in Friday to park your vehicle or drop your trailer but there is NO CAMPING for this event.
* There is NO pit-riding or bicycles allowed on race day, period! This will be enforced!
* We will also have a lot more ice-cream and popsicles at the concession for this race ; ).
* If you are interested in flagging or scoring pm us with your information. Flaggers need to be 16 or older

Last edited:
Trackside support brought to you by Motosports MD of Medina...........................We will be there for all of your last minute needs including goggles, gloves, tear-offs, lenses, tires, tubes, tools, helmets, chains, sprockets, plugs, numbers, hole-shot devices, VP Race fuel and jugs, Monster Energy Apparel, neck braces, chest protectors, etc. IMG_20150426_110158802.jpg

we were there last year as well and was only given three laps first moto and two second moto ... Will never participate in a race there again...a track that size should be 5 lap min...of course this is just MY opinion...

well im hoping maybe they will make it right for us this time and give us free entry or something since we got screwed so badly last time. im willing to give them a chance to make it right.

Let me clarify my last post... I was in the +40 and 450 not the pitbike class
I understood you , let me try to clarify my response, I don't do sign ups so I'm not familiar with all of the class criteria (I'm learning it slowly) but I know we have lots of vet classes and the criteria (age, bike size) for the classes can be found on racecra.org (I'm at walmart waiting for a prescription or I would gladly look it up for you and I will this evening if you would like me to , I'm just trying to give a quick answer) Again because a lot of people get confused about this We are not a CRA track we just use their class structure

We have been going back and forth about the best way to run the pit bike class since Memorial Day. With all the negativity we have decided we will not be running a pit bike class for this race.

the negativity is because you gave us 2 god damn laps for a race we paid the same amount to get into as the big bikes that got 4 laps???? are you kidding me? if you really wanna lose buisness that bad why dont you slap some lube on our a***s at the gate and tell us upfront that your planning on f*****g us.

the negativity is because you gave us 2 god damn laps for a race we paid the same amount to get into as the big bikes that got 4 laps???? are you kidding me? if you really wanna lose buisness that bad why dont you slap some lube on our a***s at the gate and tell us upfront that your planning on f*****g us.
I like it when people just tell it like it is. Wonder how long until that post is deleted?

wow. wow. smith road, you probably should fix this! I was really planning on heading out to smith this weekend to take pictures, but its looking like there won't be a lot of riders to take pictures of........

wow. wow. smith road, you probably should fix this! I was really planning on heading out to smith this weekend to take pictures, but its looking like there won't be a lot of riders to take pictures of........
you should go to malvern this weekend, thats where everyone is going to be. smith road doesnt care about its riders.

Attention 3 wheeler racers: If you have a child racing a mini 3 wheeler on the peewee track, OTC Racing will pay your entry fee!

If you are a first time 3 wheeler racer in the big trike class, OTC Racing will pay your entry fee!

You need to contact me in advance, either message here or on OTC Racing Forum: http://otc.myfastforum.org

Funds come from the OTC First Time Rider Fund so contact me, and do not bug the lady at sign up or other Smith Rd Staff!

Back