Smith Road's Annual 4th of July Race

That sucks about our pit bike race! I love coming out to race my mini bike there. I'm glad I checked here before I loaded the truck and went up there Saturday. I understand why Larry is pissed, but the complaints from the guys had only to do with running 2 laps. They weren't complaining about anything else. If they didn't like the track-- then they wouldn't have wanted to run more laps on it!

I understand both sides of the argument, and if you want to delete the class for the 4th-- I understand. I think the disconnect is that Larry had no idea that the pit bike guys are hard core just like any other racing class-- MORE actually! I think he was thinking that it was just a novelty for guys that were racing some other classes. I don't think he knew that guys come just to race mini bikes. With 25 classes to make happy, I get his side too.

Can you reconsider and give us 3 laps each race on Memorial Day? We'd appreciate it. We had 12 entries on Labor Day, and we worked pretty hard to get that many guys to come out. We wanted to give you guys a good turnout, so you'd know that we appreciate you having us. A few of the guys were pissed, and they're not particularly diplomatic I guess. If you guys would let us go 3/3-- we'd be great with that. --L*64

Last edited:
A better turn out for riders than last years 4th of July race, no accidents, smooth racing order, the score & sign up girls did an excellent job with the new trackside software, the announcer got tons of compliments! Flaggers, safety guys, front gate crew, starting gate crew, track prep crew and everyonelse did a great job, we were very happy with how everything came off. Thank you to everyone who volunteered to stay and help clean up as well, we are truly blessed with so many caring helpful people!

Sweet! Announcers make the experience alot better for the non riding spectators, and so you have some idea what race is going on so you know when you have to start getting ready to head up to staging.

Did you guys end up having a pit bike race? I got a text that you were having it, but it was mid afternoon, and I was already at Malvern. I think they had a good turnout too. Must be getting more popular to ride and race on the 4th. Even better because alot of guys were at Red Bud. If you did have the race, and I wasn't there, it's because I didn't know about it. --L*64

Actually between working the concession and getting my two little ones ready to race, I don't even know, I thought I heard pit bikes announced, I believe people showed up ready to race so they went ahead and ran the class. It a was very hectic day for me having both my kids race for the first time, they had a lot of fun!

Great day for first timers! I get more joy watching them than anybody. This little guy's very first race has him hooked for life.
[video]

Didn't get to race but i was there and very impressed with the day. Went smoothly and track guys did a good job. Good job mikey i know you will look at this.

& we raised $368 for Todd Krieg with the raffle, thanks to donations from Cycle gear of north Olmsted, DEI, Polar Products & House of Larose

Back