Did ANYONE see an AMA offical?

Just so everyone is on the same page here, although Alex may be at some races and may advise on a situation. He is NOT a referee. The track holding the event is responable for appointing and hiring a ref. This is not only true for all previous battle races but our qualifiers as well.

Rick, those tracks that all closed in Indiana... now, who were they sanctioned by?
The AMA's mission statement in part is "protect the future of motorcycling". Did they offer any help what so ever to all the tracks that closed?
Your exactly right that the AMA has more then Ohio, but this series has went from nothing to over 700 entries in 2 year. Why not show up and learn how to do it right and then spread that model around the country?

They need to be there to show their support of amateur racing in Ohio! They needed to be there to show us why we need them and why we need to pay the extra money for their support. They needed to be there to show they arent all talk.
I can see your point, but the AMA knows the OMA has it handled.
Ever think the reason the AMA offered the OMA a state championship is that beside bring in money, it brings prestige to the AMA?
It's just more exposure. On the flip side of some you guys are those that love everything...well, a lot more maybe we should say, about the AMA.
more speculation than bashing.

They just want to know why a pro am did not get an AMA official. (they were all at whatever is not good enough)

So when we do not have a clear answer from the AMA, people will start to draw their own conclusions as to why no one came.

Even the biggest critic,s are giving positive feedback to the great things the AMA has and is doing.
Good point, but I feel the AMA knows the OMA has it handled.
I'll offer you that. I can get someone to print up #1 plates.

I'll hold a banquet too.

The OMA and the tracks are giving you the championship series. Just because AMA is stamped on it makes it prestigious ? And advertises it in the back of a motorcyclist magazine in standard 10 point font bolded under OHIO ???
No you couldn't and that back of the magazine dealio is just more exposure. Every little bit helps I would think. It's not a one or two year deal...OMA is in for the long haul and looking towards the future I'd bet. They are not concerned with the race to race things as much as the next few years and beyond I would think...
I don't understand what is so difficult about this...an AMA sanctioned race should be officiated (referee) by the AMA.

AMA trumps OMA in terms of rules and policy as big brother.

OMA adopted AMA rules and sanctioning for these events...an AMA ref has to be certified by the AMA via training courses to be able to uphold rules and policies.
I can see your point, but the AMA knows the OMA has it handled.

So would the OMA allow a competing sanctioning body to come in as a vendor and set up to advertise their race series?

So would the OMA allow a competing sanctioning body to come in as a vendor and set up to advertise their race series?
If your talking AMA, I'm thinking the OMA is not trying to "compete" with the AMA, but compliment each other beneficially to all as opposed to some folks belief. Could be wrong. Believe it or not I have been before... ;)

No, I am saying this is a OMA event, sanctioned by the AMA. I am just guessing the AMA (even though there was no one there representing), would have a problem if say the NMA was there to set up a booth and promote their sanctioning organization, even though it is up to the OMA who they allow to be a vendor.

No, I am saying this is a OMA event, sanctioned by the AMA. I am just guessing the AMA (even though there was no one there representing), would have a problem if say the NMA was there to set up a booth and promote their sanctioning organization, even though it is up to the OMA who they allow to be a vendor.
I got this underhand pitch....
The AMA would have to hear of it second hand because you know they are not going to be there.

@Rick Devine : I know they have other things to worry about, but considering the AMA is based out of OHIO, one would think it would be explicitly easy to send a representative. They don't have to board a plane and fly to Competitive Edge in California....

Its not about the OMA handling the race, its about being present at the largest amateur event in Ohio that they are sanctioning. Its about showing they actually care about the event and MX. Their office is what, an hour away?

Again, I have and will continue to purchase my family membership. I just think they dont care about the MX racing at our level.

I purchase an AMA card because you must in order to race. I believe in the mission of the AMA but rarely have I seen it in action for local motocross. (local as in all states and not just Ohio)
The idea of the OMA back when it was being created got me excited about racing again. I truly believed that having a competing organization would elevate the game for both, and thus result in an overall better product for we the consumers. So now we are back in the exact same boat. The AMA taking money from the promoters and riders and doing little to help either.
I get roadside assistance with my AAA membership and if I want 20% off my bedbug infested hotel room at the Red Roof, I just ask.

Ah but the local MX HAS been elevated in Ohio by the OMA, even you have stated that.

What was the best local amateur race you have EVER been to again??

snl-ambiguously-gay_0.jpg

1st call for the "beating a dead horse" jpeg, and the padlock on this thread. Up next C class thread followed by neck braces and safety.......
PR Moderater Response...No justifiable reason to warrant locking thread. This is a public forum and this thread has not been abused.

All are welcome.

Back