Did ANYONE see an AMA offical?

I'm not gonna read all this jibber jabber, but what did you need the official for Knox?
One of the largest amateur motocross events happened less the 50 miles away for the headquarters of the AMA and they could not find ONE official, representative, secretary, mail boy or bathroom attendant to make the trip? The new AMA, The new AMA.... bull crap... its the same old shitty AMA that only care about ONE thing... MONEY
Vintage days is going on so its all hands on deck to collect the cash at Mid Ohio.

Amateur motocross has always been ignored by the AMA and it still is. They already got our money from the cards so they don't care.
Sure, it is possible that I just missed seeing the AMA rep. Sure, I walked and rode a bicycle around from Saturday morning at 7 am until 7 pm Sunday and never once seen ANYONE with an AMA shirt on. I seen the same HOT mom with yoga pants on 50 times and never seen an official. (Yes, I was trying to see yoga pants and not an AMA shirt but that does not matter)
Alex, you get on here and tried to convince everyone that the NEW AMA cares, but when it come right down to what matters. We see the MONEY wins every time.

If ANYONE from the AMA would like to talk to me about this. (Like they will even read this..) I will be the chubby 50 dad in the NMA shirt at Briarcliff.
.....I didn't read all this jibber jabber, but what was it you needed Knox? You should try and get a job with the AMA, then there will be an AMA official at all OMA events...right?

Also, as much as peeps like to say it's not all about the money, I'd like to hear your thoughts when your job and/business decides to cut your pay and/or not give you a raise. I'll bet Knox and John will say, "it's not about the money, I just like working here, doing my thing. I could care less if you paid me at all..."

So membership money is not used in Washington? Its not used for the HoF? So where does the money go? Pretty sure an organization structured like the AMA must open their books... Anyone know where I can get a peak at them?

You can see their tax return (990) on Guidestar. I would caution you not to make assumptions about certain numbers without knowing the facts. In the past, many people have misconstrued the numbers with assanine assumptions.

In 2009 I accepted a 17% cut in salary due to the economic down turn. Doing so keep everyone at the company employed. We the managers know this because we reviewed the budget from the top to the bottom line. Every dollar was accounted for and that is a privately owned company.
That budget was shared with everyone. From the newest kid doing grunt work on the production floor to the President.
Not sure that does anything for your point, but hey, I just work here

You can see their tax return (990) on Guidestar. I would caution you not to make assumptions about certain numbers without knowing the facts. In the past, many people have misconstrued the numbers with assanine assumptions.
Thanks, I will look.
I did find the Consolidated statement of activities (Acting like I know what that is) for 2013 on the AMA website. It shows Operating expenses as $11,263,877. Now I REALLY want to know the details of that one.

I think the point of this post has gotten out of hand, its not about money being made by anyone....tracks or AMA. The post is about the AMA wanting to help grow or make MX better here in Ohio and across the country.

They were busy with a HUGE great event at VMD. But honestly I side with Knox in that the LARGEST amateur MX events in Ohio the last couple years has been the Battle series. The AMA has made it clear that they wish to help with that series yet they couldnt send one representative to even just hang out for the weekend and make their presence known.

For me it says they really dont care. Not that they dont want to help but its low on the list of priorities. It tells me that things really havent changed with respect to involvement in amateur MX. Basically hot air.

That isnt to say that the AMA is worthless, I will still purchase my memberships for other reasons listed by others above. And you cant beat the roadside assistance included!!!! I just dont see where it is helping the OMA or me to have the AMA included in local amateur MX.

I think the point of this post has gotten out of hand, its not about money being made by anyone....tracks or AMA. The post is about the AMA wanting to help grow or make MX better here in Ohio and across the country.

They were busy with a HUGE great event at VMD. But honestly I side with Knox in that the LARGEST amateur MX events in Ohio the last couple years has been the Battle series. The AMA has made it clear that they wish to help with that series yet they couldnt send one representative to even just hang out for the weekend and make their presence known.

For me it says they really dont care. Not that they dont want to help but its low on the list of priorities. It tells me that things really havent changed with respect to involvement in amateur MX. Basically hot air.

That isnt to say that the AMA is worthless, I will still purchase my memberships for other reasons listed by others above. And you cant beat the roadside assistance included!!!! I just dont see where it is helping the OMA or me to have the AMA included in local amateur MX.
I agree its not about the money as some seem to think so. I can see the point trying to be made, but do not feel it's that big of an issue. Still didn't answer what you needed then there for. I'm siding with Hause#0.

They need to be there to show their support of amateur racing in Ohio! They needed to be there to show us why we need them and why we need to pay the extra money for their support. They needed to be there to show they arent all talk.

Ever think the reason the AMA offered the OMA a state championship is that beside bring in money, it brings prestige to the AMA?

Ever think the reason the AMA offered the OMA a state championship is that beside bring in money, it brings prestige to the AMA?

Wow a wealth of misinformation here.Maybe some should try some of the other dozen or so organizations out there.And when you find no rules, ambulance does not run, the flags are taller than the flaggers if they have more than two,no liability insurance after the water truck just hit your trailer. Not saying the ama is perfect and who is,but I think it's heading in the right direction.

more speculation than bashing.

They just want to know why a pro am did not get an AMA official. (they were all at whatever is not good enough)

So when we do not have a clear answer from the AMA, people will start to draw their own conclusions as to why no one came.

Even the biggest critic,s are giving positive feedback to the great things the AMA has and is doing.

The AMA already has shown their support to me by offering the OMA a state champ series. Im happy with that.

I'll offer you that. I can get someone to print up #1 plates.

I'll hold a banquet too.

The OMA and the tracks are giving you the championship series. Just because AMA is stamped on it makes it prestigious ? And advertises it in the back of a motorcyclist magazine in standard 10 point font bolded under OHIO ???

I don't understand what is so difficult about this...an AMA sanctioned race should be officiated (referee) by the AMA.

AMA trumps OMA in terms of rules and policy as big brother.

OMA adopted AMA rules and sanctioning for these events...an AMA ref has to be certified by the AMA via training courses to be able to uphold rules and policies.

Hum... Seems the ohio guys love blaming the ama for everything, maybe you should go the way of Indiana see how well it works for ya, they got about 4 tracks left or maybe take a look at Illinois where mx and sx is alive and well.Also ama has more than the state of ohio to take care of

Back