Did ANYONE see an AMA offical?

I had AMA officials at the majority of my events last year, even had them there selling memberships under an AMA tent. You are jumping the gun knox. Attending two Chilli Town events doesnt make you the master critic. Hang on, yes a scheduling conflict kept the AMA at mid-ohio, but that isnt a bad thing. It just means that mid-ohio needed more help than Chilli Town did.

facepalm2.jpg

Knox.. this whole back and forth was funny until this sentence...

"But clearly colleting cash and handing out plastic #1 plates to old guys that go to one event per year is more important."

To answer your question, handing Vintage National Championship #1 plates to our members is important. Old guys/vintage racers are members too and we care and take it seriously. Just like the fact, we attend at least one ATV National event a year and the ATV National Championship banquet to hand out #1 plates to members that earned them. But I guess that's not a priority either, right?

Usually I like fueling fires but this is a serious post from me.....

If you had multiple officials at VMD why could not even one show up for this Battle series? I think what that tells us MX racers is you dont care about anything other than collecting our money. Kind of like taxation without representation. An official was needed but there wasnt one present. Why should the OMA join forces with the AMA? Please tell us credible reasons why?

VMD is a GREAT event, Im not taking away from the need for it and its attendance. Many riders and spectators enjoy that event. But the Battle series has grown in numbers each year. It has almost become the "must attend" event in Ohio. For the AMA to not send one single representative sends a clear message in my book.

The OMA doesn't really need them.

Kind of looks like the AMA's business model is working, right? Throw an organization a bone by giving them qualifiers. Then "sanction" their battle series. Gain more memberships. Don't send anyone to said battle series. Event runs smoothly. Pockets lined with cash. You almost have to admire that they've pulled it off!

So my dad is down by the starting line for the pro moto. All I know is my dad said that some guy that was not even racing, was cussing up a storm, saying this was F.....ing BS and that he was NEVER going to come back to this place again etc. (no, I don't think they were running women with them either, I beat you to it Hershey). My dad seemed to think they were lining them up by order they registered, rather than random. I told my dad I doubted that they would not be lining up to the gate after random computer draw. Either way, my dad said there were little kids around and the F bomb was flying like crazy.

As for the AMA official. I for one was pleased that Kim was no where near Chilitown. But me personally, I would believe that Alex, as the motocross manager should have been at chilitown, and not VMD.

Yeap, this is part of what I heard. Then a "sponsor" of at least one of the riders offered to pay them not to ride. So a rider that has a pro status is worried about their gate pick? Even with them in the gate there still would have been about 10 open spots. Last I checked they all fall at the same time.
And what would happen if your random number was the last one? Do you just quit right then and go back to the truck?
One of my first ever pro races was at Mt. Morris and Bob Hannah had gate pick 7 in moto one. He just told the official to let everyone else go to the gate and he would take the last one. If you have raced Mt. Morris you know that far outside gate is a LONG way from the first turn.. Pretty sure he ended up in the top 5 that moto... And I know he started outside me.
That is a pro.

Yea no kidding. Why the hell are they withdrawing from a guranteed free pro purse ?

They'd rather drive and give Davey Coombs $200 to sign up. Then get into a Shitty group of timed qualifying practice all to maybe make a top 20 and go home with about what they paid to enter.....? That's smart.

LOL, Im talking out my hershey now. Seriously you need to start riding, race the Battle at BC (mouthing this slowly and methodically).
I would love to race but no bike + old, fat and fragile x not throwing a leg over a bike since 2004 = spectator. I am sore as heck today and I just watched.

Awesome weekend at Chillitown Mx. After reading the comments on Ama and Oma. I think that the staff of Chillitown MX deserves the credit. First time on line sign ups, free registration on selective classes, free gate and Ironman passes given away, Transponders, lots to do for everyone. These people have worked really hard to be where they are right now! No disrespect to the OMA. But. I don't think Chillitown needs ANY help to pull of an event like this. Others should follow these peoples strategy of staying focused on what's at hand!! Great Job you guys and gals!!

As part of the staff at CTMX I would just like to say "Thank You" to everyone who attended the Battle For Ohio! Thank you for the positive comments....we work hard for you guys, the riders, the fans....we want everyone to walk away happy every race weekend. So THANK YOU!

If there was one AMA official at the event Knox went to, he would be on here posting a thread "only ONE AMA official had the time to come, why not more......."

Point is -- It doesn't matter, he will ALWAYS complain about the AMA. Also ironic that Knox originally bashed the idea of the "plastic #1 plates" for the Battle for Ohio, and now he's bashing the "plastic #1 plates" at the Vintage Grand Championships saying the AMA should be at the Battle race instead of supporting the "old guys." I'd be willing to bet there were more kids at VMD getting exposed to bikes than at CTown.

Knox -- you obviously care, which is good. But to some of us it is very clear that you will complain no matter what and it just gets so old and draining to read over and over. Stop being such a curmudgeon. You should be happy with the fact that there were 25,000 people at a motorcycle event in Ohio, and still the MX race at CTown drew a huge crowd.

Motorcycling in Ohio is more alive in 2015 than I have seen it in a long time and it is due to a lot of very hard work by many people --- track owners, sanction bodies, volunteers, and more. Thanks to all that make this possible for all of us in Ohio.

If there was one AMA official at the event Knox went to, he would be on here posting a thread "only ONE AMA official had the time to come, why not more......."

Point is -- It doesn't matter, he will ALWAYS complain about the AMA. Also ironic that Knox originally bashed the idea of the "plastic #1 plates" for the Battle for Ohio, and now he's bashing the "plastic #1 plates" at the Vintage Grand Championships saying the AMA should be at the Battle race instead of supporting the "old guys." I'd be willing to bet there were more kids at VMD getting exposed to bikes than at CTown.

Knox -- you obviously care, which is good. But to some of us it is very clear that you will complain no matter what and it just gets so old and draining to read over and over. Stop being such a curmudgeon. You should be happy with the fact that there were 25,000 people at a motorcycle event in Ohio, and still the MX race at CTown drew a huge crowd.

Motorcycling in Ohio is more alive in 2015 than I have seen it in a long time and it is due to a lot of very hard work by many people --- track owners, sanction bodies, volunteers, and more. Thanks to all that make this possible for all of us in Ohio.
Was Dungey there signing autographs for people in clown hats???

If you do not like what I post then do me a favor and just skip over anything I post. The freaking bobble head yes men that agree with everything they are spoon fed by the AMA and or any other sanction body or promoter makes me sick but I don't tell other people to stop posting. Complaints bring improvements.
The #1 plate us to actually mean something. It was awarded to the winner of a pro SERIES. Now they give them away to a guy that shows up at one race and wins against 5 other guys. Why dilute the meaning? Come up with a new award
I am very happy VMD is a success. I love that event I attended at least 7 year straight. But if the fact I said "old guys" bothers you then apparently the obvious bothers you. Here is big news. Most of the people in attendance are old guys. Like me
The original point was and still is the "battle for Ohio" is in the backyard of the AMA. The AMA is trying to change its self discribed bad reputation with local motocross all over the country. What better way then by showing a presents at the largest event in your home state?
And for your first "point" of complaining if one was there and not more. Guess we will never know.

Back