Not bad for old equipment with BNG

Don't screw it up! Leave it stock. You will be messing with it forever . I watched. Sharc, Hershey, And many others do nothing but wrench just to watch my stock 125 rip hole shots. Save your time and money and do not try to re engineer perfection..
I agree to disagree. I never had a problem with my Eric gorr 144 and it was never a wrench bike. Super reliable I say... With that said ring it out on the stock bore until you're ready and then call Eric gorr...

I have no problem with the big bores. As long as people don't run them in classes that don't allow them. (Seems to be a lot of that going around lately) Yes, I do realize that they are legal in the 125 class for OMA and CRA. But when it 125 only, that's when I have a problem. Just do what makes you happy, but just keep it in a legal class.

I really want a 150 to match this..

Attachments

• IMG_20150606_135557918.jpg
    IMG_20150606_135557918.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 155
I have no problem with the big bores. As long as people don't run them in classes that don't allow them. (Seems to be a lot of that going around lately) Yes, I do realize that they are legal in the 125 class for OMA and CRA. But when it 125 only, that's when I have a problem. Just do what makes you happy, but just keep it in a legal class.
For the record, it is legal in the DQ class for everyone but Camron.

Out of 10 people I talk to about Eric gorr. 5 rant and rave. The other 5 complain. Hard to judge. Lol.

We'll 10 of them where on this board and I bet 9 are back to stock cause they were tired of jetting and blowing up and poor results.

But if you like to wrench more than ride 144 is the way to go.

I probably wouldn't send my stuff to Eric gorr....

MXA also says you really don't need to do a 144. Just reeds and pipe is golden.

Although I did ride crutes 125 yesterday. He definitely needs reeds. His stock pipe looks cool but I think a pro circuit would help it out

His 125 suspension is awesome stock. His 250f is a nightmare. I don't know what he did to that bike but it's terrible.

I had my 250 port and polished by gorr. I sent him my cylinder, all covers for the power valve, and reed cage. Got back a cylinder (not mine) with two studs and no covers. Also missing reed cage. Bike runs great but overall it was a lot of run around bs.

If you rebuild with stock crank it's reliable. Those athena ss get a bad wrap I think because people just volt them on and don't mill cases or out a new crank in when they do it ....
Dude you don't know the first thing about wrenching on bikes!!! You should be banned from ever putting a tool on a bike also!

Eric Gorr doesn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground. His jetting specs are in left field, parts go missing, bolts are stripped and he doesn't understand basic volume calculation to figure out compression ratios. I wouldn't let him put a top end on my kids pw50.

Bolt on a solid head Athena 144 kit, check all the specs and let it rip. Logged a couple hundred hours on one with zero issues.

Duh. I'm a nurse. But I did have a yamaha mechanic do all the work! (Dustin at north ridge yamaha in Geneva Ohio) He showed me how to do it. Had the proper tools. I didn't touch it. I watched him do it. And they put in a stock OEM crank. That's all I was saying. I don't pretend to be a freakin mechanic. I fix people. Not bikes.

Last edited:
Why would you want my KTM 150SX when you think the YZ144 is a better bike???

Oh because your bikes get sold just as new as you bought them.

Don't get me way wrong. The KTMs are nice machines. I like them. I wish yamaha would just sell a 150 from the factory.

Last edited:
Back