DC Vet National

Classes are posted, as well as some info added to this page. Still not sure what they mean about "pre-entry". Also says the GP is a 2 moto format.
http://www.racerproductions.com/2015/08/25th-annual-dc-vet-national/

SATURDAY
GP CLASSES:

Schoolboy
18+
25+
30+
35+
40+
40+ Novice
45+
50+
50+ Novice
55+
55+ Novice
60+
Vintage
Dual Sport

SUNDAY
MOTOCROSS CLASSES:

18+ 18+ Novice 18+ Women
25+ 25+ Novice
30+ 30+ Novice
35+ 35+ Novice
40+ 40+ Novice
45+ A 45+ B/C 45+ Novice
50+ A 50+ B/C 50+ Novice
55+ A 55+ B/C 55+ Novice
60+
Vintage 1 Vintage 2 Vintage 3
65cc Open 85cc Open Schoolboy
Vintage 1: Retro (1982-1996) front disk/rear drum
Vintage 2: Millennium (pre-2006) dual disk
Vintage 3: Twin Shock (pre-1975/ 1975+ dual drum)

Vintage 1: Retro (1982-1996) front disk/rear drum

Every manufacturer had dual disc brakes by 1988. WTF are they talking about 82-96?

I just spent $250 in electrical parts today for my '92 RM250 to get it ready for this race, because every year in the past they've had Pre-95, Pre-90, Pre-85 as the general class structure. Now I have to race it against a 2005 model?

Who the EFF is coming up with their class ideas for "vintage?" I'd love to email them, but never once in the past have I ever gotten a response to an email I've sent.

that also has me scratching my head.. Last time I tried to email them it came back to me as an invalid address haha :confused:

I'd be stoked on just a 90's class. Either way it's going to be fun, and my dad and i will have our 93's on the line for the "millennium class".

Last time I raced at a little outlaw track in medina.. A 2004 crf450 qualified as a bomber bike. Makes sense right? o_O

Oh and John, I did have to unscrew the clutch actuation arm stopper from my old stator. Not sure if yours is like that but I figured I'd mention it.
image.jpg image.jpg

Also check the clearance between the flywheel and the pick up. Mine touched until I adjusted it.

Follow your link and at the bottom click on Enter Now (might not have been there earlier)...it will take you through the entry process.

Thanks a ton, that wasn't there last I checked

Can't wait to go to this race. I hope it's not a complete dust bowl and really hope my bike doesn't get stolen out of my truck at the hotel room lol.

High Point Raceway
Full weekend of MX Racing

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Chelsea Taylor
chelsea@mxsports.com
DC Vet National Championship Returns to High Point Raceway on Sept. 26 and 27
Featuring Grand Prix/MotoX Race and Activities for the Entire Family
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (August 31, 2015) - The 25th Annual DC Vet National Championship weekend returns to Mt. Morris, Pennsylvania on Saturday and Sunday, September 2627 for a

'throwback' of epic proportions as the veterans of motocross are set to take over the legendary
High Point Raceway for a funfilled weekend of racing.
"DC" was Big Dave Coombs, one of the most influential motorcycle enthusiasts in the history of
motocross and offroad racing. Together with his wife and partner Rita, from their home in
Morgantown, West Virginia, Coombs was the driving force behind the creation of motocross and
offroad motorcycle racing as we know it today.

To honor Big Dave's passion and commitment to the veteran motocross community, Sunday's Vet
Motocross National offers classes for vet ages 25+ 30+, 35+, 40+, 45+, 50+, 55+ and 60+ with a
variety of options for different skill levels. But perhaps the most exciting spectacle will be the
Vintage bike classes, where riders can compete on vintage bikes in the following categories:
Retro (19821996), Millennium (pre2006) dual disk, and Vintage twin shock (pre1975/1975+ dual
drum). This year 65cc Open, 85cc Open, Schoolboy and 18+ support divisions have been added
to the lineup, creating a familyfun atmosphere for all ages.
In addition to the action on the racetrack, the weekend will boast entertainment for all members of
the family. Everyone who preenters online will receive a commemorative DC Vet National tshirt
for being a part of this special weekend.

After the racing action on Saturday, kick back at the track with live music entertainment, along
with a $5 barbeque dinner for everyone. Bench racing and retro films also accompany the dinner,
along with a bonfire - welcoming families to bring marshmallows and s'mores to enjoy all evening
long.
The Vintage Contests are back again this year, offering some great prizes to the winners. All youhave to do is register your vintage item at the Racer X display next to the Legends & Heroes by
11 am on Sunday. Winners will be announced at Intermission. Vintage Contests categories are:
Vintage Race Gear, Vintage TShirt, Oldest Race Program, Best OldSchool Trophy, Furthest
Traveled Competitor and Oldest Competitor. The winner of each category will receive a free one-
year subscription to Racer X Illustrated, as well as two (2) all day Pit Passes to the 2016 High
Point National. And for being so awesome, the Furthest Traveled Competitor will receive two (2)
VIP Super Passes, a $400 value.

If you're not into racing your vintage bike but you still want to be a part of the festivities, you can
show it off at the Vintage Bike Show, taking place Sunday alongside the "Swap Meet," where
everyone is encouraged to bring out vintage gear and race items to sell, swap and barter. Visit www.highpointmx.com for detailed information on these events.
As professional motocross privateerturnedeventpromoter, Big Dave Coombs was the co-
founder of not only High Point Raceway and Steel City Raceway, but the AMA Amateur National
Motocross Championships at Loretta Lynn Ranch, the Grand National Cross Country Series
(GNCC), the National Promoters Group (NPG), the ATV Motocross National Championship, the
fabled Blackwater 100, and much, much more. His legacy extended to the foundation of MX
Sports Pro Racing, organizers of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, as well as Racer
Productions, Racer X Illustrated and Racer X Online. Big Dave Coombs passed on August 3,
1998 after losing his battle with leukemia. He was 57 years old.
On Saturday, September 26, High Point Raceway will host a Grand Prix/MotoXCountry race,
featuring a mix of obstacles including grass track, woods sections and motocross track.
Registration for the GP race begins at 10 a.m., with practice following at 12 noon, and the racing
action starting at 1 p.m. For a complete list of Grand Prix classes, click HERE.
Registration for Sunday's DC Vet Motocross National begins at 7 a.m. Sunday morning, with
practice to follow at 9 a.m. For a detailed list of Vet National classes, click HERE. The race entry
fee for both days is $40 for the first class, and $30 for each additional class. Racers who register
in advance online will get a free event souvenir tshirt. To enter now, click HERE.
Admission for adults is $25 for the weekend, $15 for Sunday only. Admission for Kids (611) is
$15 for the weekend, $10 for Sunday only. Children five (5) and under are free. Gates open on
Saturday, September 26 at 9 a.m. and close nightly from midnight until 6 a.m. Camping is free.
To get to the raceway from Pittsburgh or Morgantown take I79 to PA Exit 1, and proceed three
miles to the gate entrance. From Hagerstown take I70 west to I68 west. Then take I79 north to
PA Exit 1 and follow the signs east three miles to the track.
For more information on the entire race weekend please call (304) 2840084 or click HERE.

MX Sports rule #1 I am not allowed to sell or give away the images. I can post them on my site / social media though. So.. I can take your picture and post it, that's it... Having said that, PM me your number and the class you'll be running. I'll do my best to include it in my gallery.

5213e719-07c4-4c7c-a673-01de72775c58.jpg
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Media Inquires:
Chelsea Taylor
304-826-7716
chelsea@mxsports.com
spacer.gif

Chuck Sun Named Grand Marshal for the
th Annual DC Vet Homecoming

Legends and Heroes to Display the Moto Museum Rig
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (September 8, 2015) - The 25th Annual DC Vet Homecoming returns to Mt. Morris, Pennsylvania on Saturday and Sunday, September 26-27. The legendary High Point Raceway will once again host the 'throwback' fun-filled weekend of racing and activities catered to the veterans of motocross.

Racer Productions is honored to announce Chuck Sun as the official Grand Marshal of the event. High Point Raceway holds close to Sun's heart as he claimed the 500cc class win there in 1980, ultimately leading him to his very first AMA 500cc National Motocross Championship. Following a long and successful career, Sun was also inducted into the American Motorcyclist Association Hall of Fame with the class of 2003.

"To be recognized so many years later after my career is truly a heartwarming experience, and I'm looking forward to it. This sport is not just about the new riders, but also about the guys that were around years ago and are still enjoying motorcycles and racing," said AMA Motocross Champion and past High Point winner Chuck Sun. "It's a wonderful experience for me and a great honor, I'm really looking forward to it."

a9fa2aef-548f-4b86-acd5-a869055a4d27.jpg

Pictured above is Chuck Sun back in 1980. Sun will be the Grand Marshal at the 25th Annual DC Vet Homecoming on September 26 and 27.
- Racer X Archives

Another great addition to the weekend is the Legends and Heroes team, which will be adding the event as an essential stop to their agenda. They will have the Moto Museum on display and will also be facilitating the Vintage Bike Show taking place Sunday alongside the "Swap Meet," where everyone is encouraged to bring out vintage gear and race items to sell, swap and barter. In addition, there will be a plethora of vintage competitions with great prizes to be awarded. Please click HERE for a full list of contests and prizes.
"The Legends and Heroes tour is excited to be a part of the 25th Annual DC Vet Homecoming," said General Managing Partner Alex Moroz. "So many great vet riders will be attending. We will not only have the Moto Museum there for all the fans and racers to see, but we will field a team of riders for the weekend in various vet and vintage classes to compete and have some fun on the track."

Before the Vet motocross racers take to the track on Sunday, High Point Raceway will host a Grand Prix/Moto-X-Country race on Saturday, September 26. The race will feature a mix of obstacles including grass track, woods sections and motocross track.
For a detailed list of classes offered for the Grand Prix/Moto-X-Country race and the DC Vet Homecoming please click HERE. Multiple class divisions have been on both days of racing for most ages and skills levels, creating a family environment.

Racers who register in advance online will receive a commemorative DC Vet Homecoming event souvenir t-shirt for being a part of this special weekend. To enter now, click HERE.
For more information on the entire race weekend please call (304) 284-0084 or visit the official website at www.racerproductions.com. Also follow High Point Raceway on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for exclusive content and to catch the latest news.
spacer.gif

Anyone have more info on the Saturday races? (GrandPrix/Moto-X-Country race).. I'm trying to decide if I'll go both days or only Sunday.

Back