5th annual Moto Mayhem

Do you guys still allow adult driven golf carts? And if so what's the price for the pit vehicle pass?

Love chillitown also. My kids not going to be pro. Don't care about ruts and tough tracks. Care about having fun. And safety. I would rather see my kid come in last then end up in a cast. Thanks.

There is a point to the rough tracks comment. I get it both ways, but I don't have a kid either yet. I already worry about a future kid of mine getting hurt. Tough to be a parent in this sport. I was worried about my brother at bc with that 37 man gate in schoolboy!

My kid rode his PW50 at all 3 Battle races, its his first year riding and racing. He did fine, even commented that Briarcliff was his favorite race. It was the roughest and had the deepest ruts.

I agree that the PW should run saturday only because the bikes just arent made for it. Other than that Im with CK1 on this one. The new 50's have great suspension and motors. Learn to ride it now. This isnt knitting class. Kids are getting hurt because they are being pushed to hard by a$$hole parents wanting the next GOAT.

They do need to get practice in before racing on sunday mornings though but thats another thread.

If that was his favorite wow. I was trying to point the little guys away from the deep stuff.

And the cool part is all of them either were smiling or had their tongue out.

I love the idea of racing quads on Saturday, but i think it may be a stretch getting the moto's in by dark. Forecast calls for sunset to be at 6:53 PM.

If everything is ran like the previous races it's going to be really close even without any minor hiccups. Heck the BC battle race went off without any delay and laps were cut for most of the second motos and that was with an extra hour of daylight.

Between fighting daylight for laps and the increased gate fees it may not be worth the gamble.

My kid rode his PW50 at all 3 Battle races, its his first year riding and racing. He did fine, even commented that Briarcliff was his favorite race. It was the roughest and had the deepest ruts.

I agree that the PW should run saturday only because the bikes just arent made for it. Other than that Im with CK1 on this one. The new 50's have great suspension and motors. Learn to ride it now. This isnt knitting class. Kids are getting hurt because they are being pushed to hard by a$$hole parents wanting the next GOAT.

They do need to get practice in before racing on sunday mornings though but thats another thread.

I get it. Kids need to ride ruts and rough tracks. But is there any reason they should have to ride the track at its worst? What's the reasoning??? Let the bigger bikes do that. Since they love rough tracks so much. Put the kids somewhere in the middle. So it's still rough and rutted but not dangerous. The suspension on those bikes is great. But there just not tall enough to handle some of that. We will be there no matter what. Just my opinion. Chillitown puts on an awesome event. It's one of the few tracks that we have made it a point to attend.

We always do our best to move classes around to optimize the race order to be more efficient and allow for better racing but it’s not always that easy to please everyone. We have four 50cc classes that we have to put in the race order and we can't run them all back to back nor can we run them back to back with 65 classes. It is a juggling act that sometimes pays off or sometimes doesn't. Track conditions are always changing with each class that goes out and even with the weather so what sounds great on paper doesn't always work out. Our April race is a good indicator of that. We planned ahead of time to run the little guys earlier in the race order because of school on Monday and to also insure that the track wasn't crazy rough for them when they went out. Then mother nature decided to give us a little more rain than we wanted and we overlooked the 50's being early in the race order which ended up being a mess.
We always try hard to keep everyone happy but it doesn’t always work. Everything is a butterfly effect on race weekends. When we change just one thing in our program it sends a ripple through everything else. If we tend to one class then another class is upset. It really is a struggle. At our Battle race we had some parents upset because they wanted more structure to the practice sessions; they wanted them more split up. If we split them up more everyone will get less seat time. I explained this to the parents complaining and they said they insisted that they get at least 4 rounds of practice for their $25. It just can’t happen if we have 12 groups going out for 10 minutes each and still have time to keep up on track maintenance.
But to stay on topic, for every parent that complains about a rough track we get another parent that wants a rough track. We used to cut the track for 50's then parents complained. Then we ran them the whole track and we got complaints on that too. We try hard to please the masses and that’s all we can do. Hopefully everything goes smooth next month and the weather gives us a good one. We have an action packed weekend in store and have every intention of running a great program. Hope to see you all soon!

Does the 20 dollar gate fee cover each person for the weekend or do you pay for each day? I understand the 30 per night for hookups.

Friday is $20 per person for weekend. Saturday is $15 per person for weekend and Sunday is $10 per person. We have a lot of things going on, it'll be worth your while

I love the idea of racing quads on Saturday, but i think it may be a stretch getting the moto's in by dark. Forecast calls for sunset to be at 6:53 PM.

If everything is ran like the previous races it's going to be really close even without any minor hiccups. Heck the BC battle race went off without any delay and laps were cut for most of the second motos and that was with an extra hour of daylight.

Between fighting daylight for laps and the increased gate fees it may not be worth the gamble.

What if they started you at sun up if they can't get them all in ?

I have to agree with Woody. The quads are gonna have to get racin' earlier to get them all in with the proper amount of laps. You can't ask the quad guys to come back on Sunday to finish up nor should their laps be cut short.

Saturday, run quad practice and races. Start Bike practice after that, and run it till dark. Practice can be cut anytime, races should not be. There a compromise, and I am on the quad guys side on this one..

Saturday, run quad practice and races. Start Bike practice after that, and run it till dark. Practice can be cut anytime, races should not be. There a compromise, and I am on the quad guys side on this one..

i dig that idea. Quad practice at 8am, racing done by 12. Bike practice 12-5/6pm?

I'm not against that at all, but from a promoter's standpoint you lose the $25 per quad rider that comes for the open practice. I'm not saying there needs to be radical change, i just don't see it getting in with starting at 5:00 like previous events.

BTW no where on the flier does it say exactly when quad racing starts. This may be a strategic move by the Chillitown folks to have some flexibility to start a little earlier and not run open practice quite as long.

Only speculating here.

The flier states the Quad racing will start immediately after track prep which is at 3pm. We have looked closely at the battle race transponder times for lap times and moto length and believe that we will have time to complete the program we have scheduled in a timely manner. There will always be unknowns but we believe it is possible. At our battle race we ran pit bikes, 50's and all quad classes after open practice and we ended up running late on practice. We intend to run a tight ship on open practice so be prepared...especially for the first group. We plan to start the watch right at 9am whether there is a bike on the track or not. BC cut things close on getting done before dark at their battle race but they ran two extra quad classes and a UTV race not to mention they had divisions and consi's to deal with. I think it is a safe gamble to say there won't be as many quads at this event being as its later in the year and we will be competing for entries with the GNCC going on at Powerline Park 2.5hrs away.

We plan to put on a great show for the Halloween weekend and we hope that everyone will join us! Stay tuned for more updates soon.

Back