So, what if....

So what is so great about elevation? Think about it. The bikes fly just as fast on the biggest hills in Ohio as they do in flat ground. Unless you have something like glen Helen mountains then it really does not matter. Chillitown. Briarcliff. Both great tracks and both very flat. For me it's all about prep and layout. DC prep is much better now than in years past so all it needs now is some technical areas to slow it down some and it could be a great track again. Besides. South west Ohio is a very flat area so you have to make do with what you have.

So what is so great about elevation? Think about it. The bikes fly just as fast on the biggest hills in Ohio as they do in flat ground. Unless you have something like glen Helen mountains then it really does not matter. Chillitown. Briarcliff. Both great tracks and both very flat. For me it's all about prep and layout. DC prep is much better now than in years past so all it needs now is some technical areas to slow it down some and it could be a great track again. Besides. South west Ohio is a very flat area so you have to make do with what you have.

We have more elevation (45' total btw, I know awesome right?) than Kenworthies did......wasn't that place awesome in the 80's and 90's?? Do you get confused when I ask questions and make a point at the same time?

Seriously Knox ? Did you used to ride dirt bikes? What makes jumps fun? What makes a corner fun? What makes great prep and layout fun? It's just another fun thing to have in a track! Is different and it can be tricky, it adds spice.

Perfect example of why there is so much drama on here. Everyone's idea of perfect is different. Always has been always will. Not that Knox is causing drama here at all , but sometimes those differences in an idea of perfect flair up into drama.

We all love to ride, let's do it!

Yeah right Baker, I am not picking a fight with your brother...he is a ginger. I know better.

Btw...just poking fun.

Dude...we have met. Wanna high five?

Back on topic.

I think GP`s have a shot if a promoter puts as much effort into one as TV land or BC.
Yeah that's a hate crime against Gingers. :D:eek::mad::cool:lol lol lol

Btw... just poking fun.

Seriously Knox ? Did you used to ride dirt bikes? What makes jumps fun? What makes a corner fun? What makes great prep and layout fun? It's just another fun thing to have in a track! Is different and it can be tricky, it adds spice.

Perfect example of why there is so much drama on here. Everyone's idea of perfect is different. Always has been always will. Not that Knox is causing drama here at all , but sometimes those differences in an idea of perfect flair up into drama.

We all love to ride, let's do it!
I don't dislike elevation, I just don't think it matters much in making a great track. Sure, if you have some big hills on the property then use them, but I have seen some top quality tracks with little to no elevation change. Main example is LL, Tennessee's only flat piece of land.

btw. Loretta's in an AMA race so why is it not called LLAMA? The entry fee's are like a big spit in the face anyway.

I don't dislike elevation, I just don't think it matters much in making a great track. Sure, if you have some big hills on the property then use them, but I have seen some top quality tracks with little to no elevation change. Main example is LL, Tennessee's only flat piece of land.

btw. Loretta's in an AMA race so why is it not called LLAMA? The entry fee's are like a big spit in the face anyway.
Have you ever raced at LL ? Besides prep the track is no where top quality. You would hard press to find anyone on a big bike that likes that track. LL is out dated as far as designs go.

Have you ever raced at LL ? Besides prep the track is no where top quality. You would hard press to find anyone on a big bike that likes that track. LL is out dated as far as designs go.
Yeah, I think I made a lap or two there.
The design is such to keep idiots near the ground. The big jumps in the middle are long gone because guys would try to jump them the first lap of practice and crash their brains out. The current design promotes passing while keeping the speeds down (relatively) Given the number of riders and laps vs. the number of injuries I would say the design is outdated if you want huge jumps and tons of injuries.

Yeah, I think I made a lap or two there.
The design is such to keep idiots near the ground. The big jumps in the middle are long gone because guys would try to jump them the first lap of practice and crash their brains out. The current design promotes passing while keeping the speeds down (relatively) Given the number of riders and laps vs. the number of injuries I would say the design is outdated if you want huge jumps and tons of injuries.
I am pretty sure in the last 10 years or so they have had 2-3 deaths which to me seems like a lot for such a "safe" track.

Did you hit your head Weasel? At no point did I call it safe. It's flat and it promotes good racing. And if you are measuring safety by deaths at a track then the fairgrounds in southeast Ohio is the most dangerous track in the world. Come on man

Back