Rainy Day Thoughts From The Cliff

I can save you a ton of work. Option 2 (changing the angle) is the least amount of work and that work can be complete in about 35 seconds.
Assuming you have a 90 degree angle from the front of the gate to the first turn round bale. Your plan is to "angle" the gate to the first turn by 23 degrees. (Figure 1)
View attachment 50250
If you simply move the round bale to the left (as looking at the picture) you will accomplish the exact same result as moving the gate.
View attachment 50251

Basic Geometry.
I don't like how close it is to the turn with 4 round bales. That's part of the reason to move. I have a handle on geometry and other basic mathematics. But thanks for the refresher professor Knox.

I don't like how close it is to the turn with 4 round bales. That's part of the reason to move. I have a handle on geometry and other basic mathematics. But thanks for the refresher professor Knox.
Then I am with Dave. Move it back to the kids tracks. Make the current location parking. Oh, and expand the sand section so Georgie has more area for passing. Just make sure the sand area is close to a spectator area so I can point and laugh as he falls.

Can you move the gate back and some how make it multifunctional like Baja Acres?

Baja uses 1 gate for the mini track and the main track.

you can use the C track for Beginer 65's and down and main track for everyone else.
If you run both tracks at the same time. (like BAJA) It will not matter how many classes you have the day will be shorter.

s1200_Capture1.jpg

Can you move the gate back and some how make it multifunctional like Baja Acres?

you can use the C track for Beginer 65's and down and main track for everyone else.
If you run both tracks at the same time. (like BAJA) It will not matter how many classes you have the day will be shorter.

s1200_Capture1.jpg

Stop making sense DD, it doesnt go well on here!

s1200_Capture1.jpg
This was the main reason to move it to the old location, so we could use it for both tracks

The A track is just fine for all minis now after the recent changes. With the success of quad and PW Saturdays, bike Sundays time does not seem to be a factor. No need for a multi functional gate.

Recent track changes make the A track too easy. Might as well go back to the glory days of BC and let the slower kids navigate the C track!

Someone draw a picture showing the "original" gate location. I must never have been there during that time.

It was a horseshoe left 180 through where the kids track is now. The gate was about 10' past the furthest point of the current kids track. Very similar layout to the current start

Actually, not one run since the recent change......not 1 the entire Battle weekend........ahem.

I like the new layout. Speeds are down but still fast enough. Although after the start I never shift and run the whole track in 3rd on my hybrid o_O. Jumps are still big and challenging, but safe. Funnest layout I've rode there. But I've only seen 3 different layouts maybe?

I can save you a ton of work. Option 2 (changing the angle) is the least amount of work and that work can be complete in about 35 seconds.
Assuming you have a 90 degree angle from the front of the gate to the first turn round bale. Your plan is to "angle" the gate to the first turn by 23 degrees. (Figure 1)
View attachment 50250
If you simply move the round bale to the left (as looking at the picture) you will accomplish the exact same result as moving the gate.
View attachment 50251

Basic Geometry.

Cut down a couple trees. Or hell--leave them (we want different right ?) big talladega berm and you're solid.

I like the new layout. Speeds are down but still fast enough. Although after the start I never shift and run the whole track in 3rd on my hybrid o_O. Jumps are still big and challenging, but safe. Funnest layout I've rode there. But I've only seen 3 different layouts maybe?

I've seen maybe 2 layouts and 100% love the current one
I had no complaints.

Take that quick sand out.........Just move the first turn over some. Leave the gate where it is. I personally like the layout. I prefer a fast track over a slow one.

Back