2015 By the numbers

Maybe so but look how many more riders know about the track now. Nobody bashed the track so in this situation there is no such thing as bad publicity!

Tyler will be surprised about the big news....so will some of the other diehards..hahaha Wtf does this dude want bank records for???? Hahaha maybe him and tim can go to the next CRA meeting a discuss that instead of"what happen" Hands and Trevor seemed like the only two who ever cared about the CRA!!!! And and and .......JO on the drum roll!!!!!!!!!!!! MORE FAIR RACES IN 2016!!!!!

I can understand pulling out if they don't perform to your expectations, but I don't understand the source of all the hate. If there hadn't been people busting ass in the CRA for the last 30 years, there would be no OMA for you to suck up to now. You need to get over whatever it is you think the CRA did to you and move on. Learn to be happy and content in OMA, and drop the bitterness.

Cynical today Tim?

It's 10 back in your pocket to spend on bike parts and accs you need. They promote the sport better than anyone else in their industry IMO. They also give them out for each race you enter, how is that something to scoff at?

Last edited:
Just so im 100% clear, his suggestion is to stop selling membership cards to see it grow? Am I correct? I have re read it a few times, and i see no other "suggestion" in either response.

You are right. I made no suggestions. Nor would I.

I was calling out the whole premise of this thread which started as OMA is growing the sport because they have better motocross numbers than CRA. Then Jason pulls some bogus numbers out of his rear end to claim that under his leadership, the fair races have been restored to their former glory, and are even better than CRA days. When I called him on that he came back and clarified that keeping the numbers down was intentional and made him comfortable.

Look, I can understand you are proud of your accomplishments in motocross, but fabricating numbers, making false comparisons, and bashing the CRA don't help your credibility.

Truth is, I probably disagree with CRA more than OMA, but the difference is I don't see all the condescending arrogance from any of the CRA promoters, that I see from a one or two of the OMA promoters.

Nobody is really interested in suggestions, but I'll make a couple that might have kept me from writing off OMA events after the first year. Just for clarity, we were treated very well at Briarcliff.

1. Say what you mean, and mean what you say. When you make a commitment follow through, even if it doesn't net maximum number of your preferred riders. The ol' "I'm changing the date because I'd rather have those people than you people" is pretty offensive.

2. When you screw up, accept responsibility, and apologize without blaming those you harmed. People are forgiving, but a simple apology goes a lot further than telling us how hard you work and why we have no right to be disappointed in your screw up.

3. If you are going to blame it on the fair board, then don't get upset when somebody contacts and complains to the fair board.

4. At the very least, pretend like you appreciate the support from those who attend, even if you don't like them. Treat your customers with respect.

I was calling out the whole premise of this thread which started as OMA is growing the sport because they have better motocross numbers than CRA. Then Jason pulls some bogus numbers out of his rear end to claim that under his leadership, the fair races have been restored to their former glory, and are even better than CRA days. When I called him on that he came back and clarified that keeping the numbers down was intentional and made him comfortable.

You got me there, I didn't take the time to go back and go through the previous years numbers and do the math. I should have. I know the turn out numbers were up, but was taking an educated guess as to how much.

Not sure I ever said or even thought "the fair races have been restored to there former glory, and are even better than CRA days" please point out where I did. Really I don't think that is even possible. It's a fair race, there is only so much you can do in the time and space allotted. They are the same as they were 20 years ago. No better, no worse.

Where did I say "keeping the numbers down was intensional" ? Talk about pulling somthing out of your rear end???

And let's be clear, the only fair that has seen any drastic change for better or worse is Medina.

Last edited:
I was calling out the whole premise of this thread which started as OMA is growing the sport because they have better motocross numbers than CRA

You really should take another look at the original post. That is not what it is about at all. Knox doesn't even mention the CRA other than being on a spread sheet with 3 other organizations. In fact if you look at it again you will see that in the entire first page the CRA is only brought up in one post and definetly not in any negative fashion.

Last edited:
That is what Tim was upset about and what started his dislike of me and the OMA. The three wheeler crew was scedueled to be at Malvern that day. In hind sight I probably should not have changed the date.

Just to be clear, the original intent of this tread was not to bash or promote one organization, or race for that matter, over any other organization or race. It was meant simply as a marketing tool for promoter and riders alike. The secondary intent was to shine a light on the few classes that continue to show low numbers. Those classes need to be eliminated, or at a minimum, "adjusted" to become feasible.
Of course, I think numbers are cool since they don't lie, but you can also make numbers say what you want them to if you do not have a comparison.

Just to be clear, the original intent of this tread was not to bash or promote one organization, or race for that matter, over any other organization or race. It was meant simply as a marketing tool for promoter and riders alike. The secondary intent was to shine a light on the few classes that continue to show low numbers. Those classes need to be eliminated, or at a minimum, "adjusted" to become feasible.
Of course, I think numbers are cool since they don't lie, but you can also make numbers say what you want them to if you do not have a comparison.

As with every topic in our country any more it has strayed way off target and become another reason for arguments.

The original purpose was noble and extremely informative.

Instead of cutting classes could tracks possibly group more classes on one gate drop? Why not try and fill every gate drop with racers? That would essentially do the same thing for time at the track would it not? Put your big boy pants on and stop crying about riders in your way or getting bad starts because other classes on on your gate. I would rather start with a full gate any day of the week. And if we still get a full day of racing but leave 2 hours earlier or get an extra lap per moto its a bonus.

For sure, combine classes / staggered starts in the same moto rather than drop some classes. The only downside is the additional awards that the promoter or track has to buy (but is that really that much of a big deal?).

We basically do that now, as do most tracks. There is usually about a 20 moto running order including quads. Every time we try to have several classes on the actually same gate drop, there is a big outcry at staging that they want staggered. I have seen this repeatedly even when say there is only 20 bikes between 3 classes.

We basically do that now, as do most tracks. There is usually about a 20 moto running order including quads. Every time we try to have several classes on the actually same gate drop, there is a big outcry at staging that they want staggered. I have seen this repeatedly even when say there is only 20 bikes between 3 classes.

I know, but why not load the gate up even more, fill the gate as much as possible on every drop, even if it takes 5 classes. I realize there are a multitude of classes that cant be run together but it seems there are many more than normally are. The other positive to this would be racing in a larger group of people is just more fun.

Back