Brand New Bike - Kaboom

1.2 hours on the meter. Wow.

If Suzuki will fix it, that's cool. Clean it up, sell it. go buy a yamaha.

When I bought camerons yz 125, my countershaft bearing blew and I sent him the pictures and swore that it was his bike that just blew up. (When really it was my other 125) I told him I didnt even make it a lap to screw with him. And he was like Oh no I'll fix it! I kept him going for a little while.....and he still insisted on fixing it.

Morale of the story: Buy camerons bikes! haha

Haha..you had me in that one!

I will be selling a KTM 350SX-F very soon!

Thanks guys for all of the thoughts and comments. I took the bike back to the dealer yesterday. This will be a long drawn out process it seems. I don't have high hopes. I'm sure they will find something, if they want, that they can point to and say I didn't follow the manual to a tee (like Chris' situation with Kawasaki). In the words of a wise, beer drinking motocrosser (um - John Lilly), it's only money.

To address a couple of points, yep, oil filter is good. Saplakc, I have an '08 CRF450 and this brand new Zook, (show room pristine!) that I'll trade you for! Think of it, you can have 2 bikes instead of 1. Double the fun!

I know one thing.........if Suzuki does not stand behind the motor, that would be my last yellow bike for sure. Good luck with it.

Well, I guess you gotta look at the bright side Wayne... At least it's the end of the season. You have a few months of snow to get things ironed out! Good luck Bro.

Well, I guess you gotta look at the bright side Wayne... At least it's the end of the season. You have a few months of snow to get things ironed out! Good luck Bro.
Thanks man...oh, and you better post on PR when the little one arrives!

I know one thing.........if Suzuki does not stand behind the motor, that would be my last yellow bike for sure. Good luck with it.
Amen

Man That Blows! Literally! The first new bike I ever bought was a 92 kx125. It blew up within 2 days. I took it back to the dealer and they tore it down and went to bat for me and contacted Kawasaki. The dealer mechanics felt it was crank main bearings failed due to the cases not lining up properly . Kawasaki disagreed and said that the bike was over revved! How the F do you over rev a 125! Well, I paid to have the motor rebuilt and it blew up 2 more times before I finally got rid of it and never rode a Kawasaki again! I hope Suzuki treats you right! If you decide to go two stroke (wink)... My nephew is selling a sweet 03 cr250! Best of luck Wayne!
Mr Hause you spoke a lil fib. I remember one year at Midwest you had a kawi fir like 2 rides. Lol

Mr Hause you spoke a lil fib. I remember one year at Midwest you had a kawi fir like 2 rides. Lol
I knew You were gonna bring that up! Lol. It was a brand new 00 kx250, bought it, raced it at Amherst and hated that thing! Luckily we worked at a dealer so I took it back and put it back on the floor as a demo and got a 2000 cr250!

So I heard from the dealer. The bike is starting and running fine. They've done several heat cycles and rode it outside twice so far. Nothing. I am at a loss. I'm going to, at a minimum, have the valve cover taken off and likely the cylinder just to make sure nothing looks sketchy. Other than that, they can't find anything wrong with it. Thanks again for all the input.

Last edited:
Agreed. That's why I'm having the head and cylinder removed and everything inspected. I certainly don't feel comfortable hopping on this thing and just letting it rip.

Back