Brand New Bike - Kaboom

I will say my husband has a 13 Suzuki and a couple times his bike has got stuck on top dead center when trying to start it. It took him some time to get it unstuck. Not sure If this could be the case but could def give a feeling that it is seized.

That's scary. And they expect you to hop on and ride it like it never happened??? Ahhhh no thanks.
Yeah, no kidding. People get seriously hurt when bikes lock up over jumps. I would be getting that thing running and placing it on Craigslist for sale (right after I paid for my insurance policy on the bike).

Hmm... I had this EXACT same thing happen on my 08 crf.. Well, the same feeling atleast.. I would go to kick and it was like I was kicking a brick wall.. I would have to put it in gear and jerk it forwad and then it would be perfect.. Never had it apart for anything other than valve checks.. Ran completely fine though, just happened periodically when starting it...

What exactly happened when you thought it seized?
I was at Battlesburgh. I had some guys more mechanically inclined than me look at it afterwards. It was seized. That kickstarter wasn't moving. Admittedly we didn't push it too hard because I thought I would just do more damage. Could be what Lotts mentioned. I've never heard of that thougth. I was luckily going slow (not that I ever go fast). Didn't even get 1 lap around. 2nd gear nice and easy and it died immediately.

The decomp. assembly may have stuck for a period of time. That will give a slight feeling at first like it has locked up, possibly.

As far as getting stuck at TDC, there is a bigger issue than that being the reason why the engine won't spin with the kicker.

If it were mine or my customer and I or they wanted full piece of mind I would: disassemble the entire engine piece by piece, including the transmission, methodically checking every moving piece. If no evidence was found I would replace the crank and main bearings and treat it like new again.

Our suzuki getting stuck on tdc has no issues at all. It just happen. Why no clue but the bike runs fine and has since that happen a month or so ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a 08 450 Yamaha that would get stuck sometimes, I would have to put it in gear and rock it... it had 180 hours on it when that started happening though. I didn't really think it was top dead center but maybe

Battlesburg is/was open??

I was at Battlesburgh. I had some guys more mechanically inclined than me look at it afterwards. It was seized. That kickstarter wasn't moving. Admittedly we didn't push it too hard because I thought I would just do more damage. Could be what Lotts mentioned. I've never heard of that thougth. I was luckily going slow (not that I ever go fast). Didn't even get 1 lap around. 2nd gear nice and easy and it died immediately.
g

E
I will say my husband has a 13 Suzuki and a couple times his bike has got stuck on top dead center when trying to start it. It took him some time to get it unstuck. Not sure If this could be the case but could def give a feeling that it is seized.
i thought I had the same problem, but I was pushing the kill switch, so then I pressed the start button and the KTM fired up. Fixed it.

Back