SX 2016

John250

PR Founding Father
Anaheim 1 is right around the corner, and no one is talking about SX. The 450 class is once again going to be stacked. It will be tough for a true privateer to make the main unless some injuries occur.

Injury #1, Blake Baggett. Looks like he will already be out with a broken Scapula. So after Bubba goes out in a few weeks, that will leave the factory Yellow squad empty again. Perhaps Grant can fill in for Baggett.

Is Reed racing on a Yamaha? I hope so. I am not a huge Barcia fan, but I look for him to get Yamaha some wins in the 450 class. In the 250s, I look for Webb to smoke the competition on his Yamaha.

Who will win the Championships? Might be wide open for about 5 to 6 guys for sure.

If Dunge is Mr. Consistent I think he will bring home the championship. If he gets hurt, well everything is up in the air them.Too many good guys to accurately predict a winner. I have a feeling that ET3 will lawn dart himself by the time we get to the west coast rounds.

Nothing to get excited about since Hanson is not racing...
1. Moose Can
2. Chandelier
3. Bubba
4. Toe Smack
5. DHDung (Suspended the last 4 rounds for aggressive riding)

I'm interested to see what Peick can do this year. He was showing some speed early on but always faded later in the race. Think Barcia might have something this year too, seeing that he has been staying healthy.

Dungy.and I'm not a Dungy guy! Don't see this as a stacked field,half of people that you think can win will be hurt at some point!

Dungey will win, just like he does every year that Villopoto is not a part of the field.

Dungey is for sure the man to beat for the Championship until someone else proves that they can run the front of the pack pace with consistency for an entire season. Sure, he isn't exciting to watch, he doesn't do anything spectacular, he stays out of the trash talking or emotional side of racing, but he is consistently fast, rarely crashes, seems to be durable in the injury dept, and is always there for the title when one of the other more colorful guys that are temporarily faster between crashes / injuries takes himself out with a crash or injury. Plus he knows when to avoid the fans like DHDS01, and ignore them too! So what is really not to like about him? If you had a team, wouldn't you want a consistent threat at the front of the pack? Here are the guys that should be interesting to watch this year as far as speed and possible race wins are concerned:

Tomac - Biggest threat to title in my mind if he can not get hurt. Super fast and aggressive, but might not be durable enough to last a whole season.
Roczen - Almost the same as Tomac, but another one that gets a couple of kinks in his armor, he slows down and just can't pull the whole season off.
Bubba - Could pull off a win at anytime with a move that no one else will even try, but the injuries are adding up and durability just isn't there.
Reed - Love to see a guy last this long at the top of the game, but he's old, he is slowing down a bit, but he did win a race last year. Could win 1 more.
Barcia - Seems to have the speed / desire sometimes, doesn't have it other times. If he can get some confidence early, he might be able to have a great season and challenge for wins, but if he gets taken off track with altercations with someone, he can be distracted into other stuff.
Anderson - He has been working / riding with Dungey and Aldon Baker on a bike that is on par with the best bike out there. He showed some speed last year as a rookie and might be a sleeper to turn some heads this season.
Musquin - Has that smooth riding style that looks effortless and translates to good SX style. If he can remain healthy and handle to rigors of 450SX, he might also turn some heads.
Wilson - Injuries have turned to one time next big thing into a Why is he getting a factory ride? type guy..... well, maybe just maybe, he has that talent that might put him in a good spot if he can remain healthy.
Peick - Can the one time wonder privateer put it all together with real backing and actually run up front??? It's a feel good story if he can, and I like to see a guy built like him do well instead of the skinny small guys strapped to a missile. Peick can muscle the bike around a track, and I like to see that from a rider instead of the natural talents all the time!

Injury free and healthy play a huge part in SX success because so many of the riders get hurt during a season, that those that are a bit slower but last all 17 rounds end up near the top of the final standings just through attrition. I'd love to see a season where the main players all stay healthy and have some great battles, but history dictates that injuries will claim most of the field at some point or another

I am going to watch Game of Thrones, I hear there is nudity.

My prediction....
More stupid tracks
Narrow tracks to bread crashes
Rhythm sections that tempt stupidity. (Like quint obstacles, 5)
Reed will cry
Allessi will cry
Bubba will crash.
Announcers will be even dumber than last year. (except RC4)

I still have all of last year recorded, Lets just watch the re-runs.

Tempting stupidity. heres how it works...

Anyone see the paper towels that are 2/3 sheets? The advertisers say " save money by using 1/3 less" Well 2/3 is never enough so you end up using 1 1/3 each time. you use too many.

Well if they make the obstacles a little closer it temps JS7 and any other reckless kid to try and bust it out.
VET261 said it years ago. if you are going to make a pro obstacle, make is so big that only the superstar would think about doing it. paraphrasing the late great "PIT"

bread crashes
five-loaves-white-bread-10905269.jpg

Just once I would like to see a track that DOES NOT FLOW like you guys like to say. Something that forces the field to use different approaches and thus creates different lines. 25 some years of a "large" triple where every guy does it is flipping boring. All this on - off table stuff has run its course also. BIG, DEEP whoops, wall jumps, doubles with wall jumps, stuff that when the riders get on the podium say "this track sucked"..... That would make me very happy.
And can we get a deep sand first turn? I want crashes by the guys up front. That is the only time you actually see passing after lap 3.

Reed will cry... love that.

No chance of Alessi crying. He only does that when he wins.

Watched the SX Preview show......man, watching Bubba, and his hurt wrist and the MEC, and then the ankle injury at the next race in Europe. Looks like what I predicted might be true of Bubba. You can not be off the track with all the other top riders that long and come back in at the pace they are running. I predict he makes it less than half a season, and retires.

Watched the SX Preview show......man, watching Bubba, and his hurt wrist and the MEC, and then the ankle injury at the next race in Europe. Looks like what I predicted might be true of Bubba. You can not be off the track with all the other top riders that long and come back in at the pace they are running. I predict he makes it less than half a season, and retires.

So the guy crashes trying to avoid Canard ( Who crashed horribly) at MEC, his brother hits him in Europe and injures his ankle and some how its his fault because he cant keep pace ?

My one and only prediction for 16 is John259 will continue his hate speech of JS7.

Reactions: TBO
So the guy crashes trying to avoid Canard ( Who crashed horribly) at MEC, his brother hits him in Europe and injures his ankle and some how its his fault because he cant keep pace ?

My one and only prediction for 16 is John259 will continue his hate speech of JS7.
LOL........No hate speech. Like Donald, I speak the truth. The things people want to say, but don't say it. Bubba got in those wrecks because he was buried in the pack, where things happen. He qualified 6th at MEC. I still stand by the same comment about a guy like Millsaps. While Davy, like Bubba have all the talent in the world, they are NOT on the track racing with the fastest guys in the world. You can practice all you want, but not lining up on the gate with those other 21 fast guys, you start losing just a little tick. And lets be honest, in the top 15 riders in 450 SX, that's the difference between winning and losing, a tiny tick........so that's why I am writing off Bubba and Millsaps of having any chance of winning another championship. And hell Millsaps sat out a year with a mystery injury, because he supposedly hated the orange bike, that same one that once again he loves, because he is got someone else to give him a free bike.

My opinion, give that Yellow ride, and that Orange ride to a rider coming up that deserves to be there.........Oh wait, Bubba is kind of like Queen Danica (only except he used to win), but now all he does is show up with some sponsors to pay the bills and wreck.

Back