Cincy Arenacross (amateur day)

nitrofish

PR Addict
For those that have participated this race, I have a few questions. We are planning on watching Saturday night and racing Sunday.

I understand there are tents outside for pitting, will everyone fit?
Is there a close spot to park our truck and trailer?
We have not booked a hotel yet either, any suggestions? I'm not familiar with the area, looking for a place that we can park our trailer.
Any suggestions or tips would be much appreciated! Thanks, Matt.

We've raced the race. There were no tents outside for pitting that I knew off. Did you hear that they were going to do that this year? The pits were horrible last year. Bikes stacked up every where down really tight hallways. You could hardly get through the place. I am sure a fire marshal would have had a fit for sure. Not sure tents outside sound good. The wheelie boys will be hanging out stealing bikes out of them. There is parking outside. Not so close that your goanna go back and forth more than likely. I got there early and parked clear around the opposite side of the entrance by the river. Most of the parking will charge you also.

There is a Holiday Inn Express across the river in Newport KY that I stayed in. It is close and plenty of parking right there at the hotel if you have a truck and trailer. The downtown hotels all have garages, and you would be forced to park your trailer downtown somewhere. Anywhere downtown is a few blocks from over the rhine which is total crap. It is much better than a couple years ago for sure thought. There are plenty of places to eat also across the river.

My son wants to race it again this year. I honestly, do not want to do it because it was a hassle last year. This race used to be 50 miles up the road at the Nutter center. Much better facility. Nuttter had more floor space, plenty of parking, the best indoor pits I have seen, and plenty of hotels and restaurants across the street. Plus you don't have to worry about crap being stolen. They also packed the house. My guess is US Bank arena holds more people maybe, so its about the dollar. I am sure the Nutter Center is much cheaper to rent though.

Hey Matt,

We will not be having indoor pits again this year, there is not enough room to accommodate everyone. We will have heated tents outdoors this year with 24/7 security and enough to fit everyone comfortably. Parking will be across the street from the venue. Here is a link with more information.

http://arenacross.com/content/cincinnati-event-information#Parking

If you have pre-registered your son you will be receiving an email with more parking and pitting information next week. If you would like to be included in that email, pre-register him; it will also save you $20 ($10 instant savings for pre-register and an additional $10 with discount code AMSOIL2016). Let me know if you have any other questions, love to assist any way we can!

Last edited:
No tents last year. I race it. If you get their early enough ( EARLY ) like 5:30 ish you can park right across the street. That's where I park. Plan on a very long day like 6am to 8pm. last year like 700 riders

Hey Matt,

We will not be having indoor pits again this year, there is not enough room to accommodate everyone. We will have heated tents outdoors this year with security and enough to fit everyone comfortably. Parking will be across the street from the venue. Here is a link with more information.

http://arenacross.com/content/cincinnati-event-information#Parking

If you have pre-registered your son you will be receiving an email with more parking and pitting information next week. If you would like to be included in that email, pre-register him; it will also save you $20 ($10 instant savings for pre-register and an additional $10 with discount code AMSOIL2016). Let me know if you have any other questions, love to assist any way we can!
Tents?? for 700 bikes wow

Make sure everyone who is racing or has pit passes is WITH you at sign up. They like everyone in a group all together at signup. Also they will not let you in the arena without a wrist band. I suggest getting signed up, then go grab your stuff and take it in (if they allow indoor pitting also).

Those were the days...I loved it all. Just was happy to racing. Didn't care about lines, wait, nothing...well, cold on occasion if I didn't dress appropriately... Again someday maybe. Spencer in 3 months today so it shouldn't be long. ;)

Peeps are still bitching...errr, I mean politely commenting on their experience and how to improve it, so it must still be alive and well. :)

Well the whole parking situation for the Cincinnati Arenacross just got tossed a huge wrench in it. I was hoping for a Bengals buy week next week. Now the Bengals will have a home game next week. Probably either Saturday at 4pm.......making parking for the pro race a total disaster. Or a 1pm game on Sunday. This will make paring for 500 plus amateurs a total freaking mess. We signed Matthew up, and if it is a Sunday game, man I am not sure I even want to deal with that mess. All the lots around the arena are used for Bengals parking.

Announced. Game time 8:15pm on Saturday night. Good luck with parking everyone!! Get your billfolds out!!

Anybody want my cinci arenacross tickets? Not going to make the trek down

They are from my rapid refreshing of the OMA signup page o_O

I bet they are not putting tents up on Pete Rose way until after the Bengals game now. Probably no way they are going to block off that street. Maybe its me looking at the negative, but it is not going be fun fighting traffic. Hopefully they get us out of the arenacross just before the end of the Bengals game.

Bill, I have someone else sending me some free tickets this week that they won. If no one else wants them, I am sure I have some other friends going that I could give them too.

1929908_1006043236155414_7380284518095486464_n.jpg

Back